+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Finale Show Discussion Thread - "Glee-ality"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Finale Show Discussion Thread - "Glee-ality"

I think Damian just needs to slow down when he speaks. I can understand the accent, but sometimes the words come at such a rapid pace I end up missing one or two (usually the most crucial ones!)
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

That made me tear up a little.

I feel weird about this ending, on the one hand it made me happy to see them all so happy. There was such joy on that stage and I felt that every single one of them threw everything they had down on that stage. I don't think a single one held anything back. Was Sam calculating in his song choice? Of course, so were the others. They are there to win, I wouldn't expect anything less from them than to be very calculating with their final songs. Sam knew Alex would be in drag so he had to counter. Lindsay knew Damian would be bringing the "golly gee vulnerability" so she had to counter.

I think they all played the game well and I was happy for them.

Here is where it gets a bit weird for me, while I was happy for them I was a bit disgusted with Ryan Murphy. What a cop out! Make a decision already, I really...really....really do not like people who cannot make decisions. Now he has set a precedence, what is he going to do for season 2 of this show? Give them all parts? He should have never gone there. He should have just declared a winner and then invited the others back for bit parts after the winners 7 episode arc was finished. This just felt like the coward's way out.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Do you believe that they were going to cut D. and look what he has now?
    I do believe that they would have cut Damian had Cameron not quit. I think that Ryan was really interested in the christian student story and had tapped Cameron for the part. When Cameron quit he searched to see if any of the other contestants fit the part and, bang, Sam is also Christian and can fill the part. I think that what happened is that when Ian saw the contestants last week he really liked Damian and the exchange student story. After Damian appeared he started fleshing out a story arc and Ryan got into it and said, "This is practically writing itself". With Ryan pushing for Sam and Ian for Damian - they ended up giving both a 7 episode story arc. For Lindsay and Alex they just didn't inspire the writers enough for 7 episodes, but did for 2. As they said when starting the final eliminations: At this point it isn't about talent (they all passed that bar), but what we want to write about.
    Debb70 likes this.

It looks like I might have to actually watch Glee now! I hope Samuel grows on me. I liked the other 3 a lot.

I was confounded by Alex coming out in drag yet again. He seems not to be able take advice or direction very well. What he should have done was to come out and kill a power ballad using the lower register of his voice which, when he gave us rare glimpses of it, was truly excellent. Even though the praise was effusive after his number last night, I'll bet that, inwardly, the production team maight have wanted to see a "real" Alex rather than a rerun of the first Dreamgirls routine.
    Katydyd likes this.

FORT Fogey

Ryan and the others had no issue telling the most popular members of GLEE that they would be "graduating" out of the show. They also got rid of the Beiber clone after 1 (?) year. Hopefuly all the kids from the Project will make a good impression and be in line for bigger roles season 4.
    cantstopwatchin and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Ryan and the others had no issue telling the most popular members of GLEE that they would be "graduating" out of the show. They also got rid of the Beiber clone after 1 (?) year. Hopefuly all the kids from the Project will make a good impression and be in line for bigger roles season 4.
    Yes, he did. Ryan is a coward who can't make a decision. Corey and Leah found out when Ryan gave an interview stating that they would be graduating. He didn't even have the you-know-whats to tell them to their faces first.

Lindsay has won a role in a New York play, she's already moving on to bigger and better. She's playing the part of Snow White.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

My open letter to Ryan Murphy et al:

Please have Lindsey be Raquel Barry with 2 lesbian moms and a sperm donor who turns out to be one of Rachel's gay dads.
    Please have Samuel be like the Cowboy (aka Jennifer Aniston's new boy toy) on Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion. Strong silent type (without the stutter since that was Tina's thing).
    Please give Alex Mercedes' hair and wardrobe for his first appearance with the Glee cast and appear as Alex the next time they meet. He is kind of a stalker.
    Please let Brit be the only one who understands Damien and let everyone else wonder what he is saying. His host family should be Rod the TV guy.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post

Lindsay has won a role in a New York play, she's already moving on to bigger and better. She's playing the part of Snow White.
    Actually the theater is in Los Angeles. Not too shabby gig with Marina Sirtis and Neil Patrick Harris also starring. The kid appears to be on her way to a major stage career. Good for her.

Several of the comments that I've heard on the side sound like they're planning on having Damien stay around longer than just seven episodes if he works out. I forget who said it, but I've heard it several times that they see him as someone who can become the leader of the Glee Club when Finn leaves, which is something that goes on into the future in a permanent way.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast