+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 8/14 Show Discussion Thread - Generosity

Re: 8/14 Show Discussion Thread - Generosity

I have watched this show from the very beginning, and have enjoyed the heck out of it. It has talented young people singing and dancing, which is the main reason I love to watch "Glee". I don't often comment, because I don't get Oxygen on my cable tier, and after waiting until the following Thursday to view it... well, there isn't much of anything for me to say that hasn't been already said. Obviously, I do read the spoilers and know what I'm going to see before I see it.

I agree with all that Maybaybee said above. Alex annoys the pure heck out of me in all ways but one -- when he opens his mouth, beautiful sound comes out. I hope he does not win, and I especially don't want him to appear on "Glee" for 7 weeks or more! I'd be fine with any of the remaining three, but I do think Hannah and especially Marissa should have lasted way longer, and Alex should have gone way sooner.

I have not watched a full episode of Glee yet. I've tried, but haven't been able to get into it. Maybe it's just not for me. Nonetheless, I love The Glee Project. I have no idea who would be the best fit for the show, but I know the ones I like generally.

I think that regardless of who wins, their appearance on the show may inspire me to actually watch the show, at least long enough to see how they perform. I think that possiblity is less likely if Samuel wins. I can't see him as a new edition holding my interest. Who knows, we may see more than one of them turn up on the show!!!
    Duxxy likes this.

Agree that Marissa left too soon. I would take Alex out of this four. What is saving Alex is his voice, otherwise, his character is annoying. What makes him different than the other gay character in Glee (sorry I don't really follow it but I've seen a few episodes)? So he will be the annoying gay character? There are too many gays already in that show, and they want to make it even gayer than Project Runway with Alex in it? Damien is the easiest character to write for but he doesn't have the best voice among the four , however, I think it will be between Lindsey and Samuel. I think that they really like Cameron and if he didn't quit he would have won the show. But the final 4 should have been Lindsey, Samuel, Hannah, and Marissa.

FORT Fan

I don't understand their fascination with Alex. With 4 gay characters on the show already I really feel that niche is filled. And with them hiring that new actor to be Mercedes love interest it would seem she has a new storyline. She's not that fascinating of a character to merit two new storylines.

I can barely understand Damien, though I do like him, Samuel seems so one note and Lindsey is no Rachel, unless they bring her on as a freshmen, mini Rachel. They've never mentioned the role they see her in. However, I thought the comment the guy made about Brittany trying to understand Damien would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady View Post
    I thought the comment the guy made about Brittany trying to understand Damien would be hilarious.
    I like Damian a lot and that made me want him to win even more! Anything that would give Brittany more lines makes me happy! She could be totally infatuated with him, making Artie jealous, and still not understand a word Damian says! She wouldn't even know where he was from or that they speak English there!

I think one of the judges mentioned that Lindsay could give Rachel a run for her money, but I don't remember who said it or when.

At this point, I'll be fine if anyone but Alex won. I just don't see him on the show - he's too one-note and hasn't changed or improved since episode one. The others seem to be trying and improving. Alex is just doing the same thing. I think the reason the judges haven't given him something more butch to sing is that he wouldn't be able to pull it off.

I'm pretty surprised that no one has posted reliable spoilers online. Kudos to RM for keeping it quiet. That's pretty unusual nowadays. I've read spoilers with lots of different winners given, including several members of the final 4. None of the details leading up to the eliminations have been right though. One I read a while back said that Marissa was F2 or F3. I'm sort of enjoying the fact that I don't know who will win ahead of time....although, you know, I still went looking for spoilers!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have a theory that the show's been putting the spoiler rumors out just to throw everyone off.

After the way Ryan went after the extra who spoiled the prom episode, I'm guessing no one would dare cross him and spoil this show.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Something Ryan has said repeatedly is that TALENT is the most important thing. Did he mean talent with singing, acting, dancing? If we believe the format of the show, then he's only seen them in their bottom 3 performances. It will be interesting to see if he follows through with that philosophy. Even though he has criticized Alex and Lyndsay, he always adds that they are the most talented.

FORT Fogey

I was thinking that he has not seen any of them really act....take on a character and do lines. The dancing and singing has pretty much been shown, but no acting talent.

I've always assumed that he at least watched the music videos. Have we been told that he doesn't have any exposure to their work other than their bottom three performances? I can't imagine that he would want to make a decision based on their singing only.

It is interesting, though, that there's never been an actual acting challenge. The only acting has been combined with their singing in the videos.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 08-19-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: More to say
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    ...[snip]At this point, I'll be fine if anyone but Alex won. I just don't see him on the show - he's too one-note and hasn't changed or improved since episode one. The others seem to be trying and improving. Alex is just doing the same thing.

...although, you know, I still went looking for spoilers!
    That is my problem with him, other than the way he acted like an arrogant jerk who was better than everybody else for the first half of this competition till he realized he wouldn't win that way and suddenly "changed." Funny how Nikki, the singing witch, called Lindsay on being fake and yet didn't call Sam or Alex out for doing the same thing. Nikki and Ryan are very anti-female and it's ruining my enjoyment of this show....back to Alex.

My problem is that he hasn't been challenged, he hasn't been forced outside his little box and that isn't fair. All the others have had to do things they aren't comfortable with or completely outside their zone while he's been allowed to stay comfortably in his. If he wins, then I call BS on this entire process. Why have the straight guys had to play gay and the gay guy did not have to play straight? Why wasn't he given country to sing or something soft that didn't allow him to belt and screech his way to the glory notes?

Lindsay (whom I like along with Damian) also hasn't been challenged enough but at least she's been challenged some while Alex? Not at all.

Spoilers: I love them! My husband gets so mad at me "Why are you watching this if you already know the outcome?" Me "just because I know who wins doesn't mean I know HOW they won. Besides, if it's somebody I can't stand then I don't waste my time watching." Of course I say this all logically lol. I gave up on spoilers after Marissa was sent home, realized then that there was nothing out there and stopped looking for the most part.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast