+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 8/7 Show Discussion Thread - "Believability"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: 8/7 Show Discussion Thread - "Believability"

I'm bummed to see Hannah go - likeability-wise, she was my favorite. Like Zach said, she epitomizes the show b/c you root for her. I'm going to miss her smile and happy demeanor.

At this point, I'm pulling for Damien and Samuel but Samuel dropped a few notches for me when he sucked up to Ryan with the whole Christian thang. Sadly, I see Damien just treading water, since Ryan's essentially already written him off (literally). Lindsey - I have nothing positive to say about her. I've disliked her from the get-go and that hasn't changed. Nikki called her out on what I've been saying, so I was happy when she did. There's nothing believable, to me, about L. Alex, he's so one-dimensional. I've been waiting to see him act as something other than flamboyent and he just can't do it. I'm ready for him to go.

Huh, after re-reading this post, the only person I don't have anything negative to say about is Damien. I guess that's who I'm rooting for-LOL. Which means he'll be going home next week.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I would like to add that I see Samuel's interaction with Ryan regarding him being a Christian as simply his truth. No sucking up involved, his tat's existed before the show and are testimony. I especially liked what he said about there being misconceptions regarding high school (and Christianity). He can be a Christian and play music.

Regarding Alex, I don't care whether or not Alex can play straight. The other guys need to play gay therefore the reverse needs to be true for Alex. If he doesn't have the acting chops it needs to come to light.

Lindsey just does not move me at all. Vocally she has a legit theatre voice but on the screen her lack of depth shows through. I find myself wanting to send her somewhere for a year where she will experience the things that make us human and force us to deal with it. Then a little therapy and she'll be ready to go. All that said in the nicest way.

Damien has a lovely voice and could of course fill the role of an exchange student nicely. Sue's nemesis, I doubt it. I looked him up elsewhere and he does have a ton of experience in concerts with the group he performs with. Sort of a Lawrence Welk feel, but popular and nicely done in the genre.

I look forward to this weeks show.

FORT Regular

I'm also bummed to see Hannah go! She just made you smile. I still don't like Lindsey a whole lot and am really surprised she wasn't the one to go. I think ever since the beginning of the show when she was sort of acting like a know-it-all she has just bothered me. I didn't like Damien in the beginning, but he has really grown on me. Whoever said it hit the nail on the head about Samuel's "one look". The serious look lol. He just isn't pulling the cool guy look off for me...at all. I think Alex is okay. Okay, I think that covers everyone. I guess I'm rooting for Damien as well!!

Glee Casting News: LaMarcus Tinker : People.com

This is a minor casting spoiler because of who this actor will play. For me, this means that Alex is probably not the winner. That's not a spoiler, just a guess.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Glee Casting News: LaMarcus Tinker : People.com

This is a minor casting spoiler because of who this actor will play. For me, this means that Alex is probably not the winner. That's not a spoiler, just a guess.

But Alex could be a younger brother of this more main character....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123