+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 8/7 Show Discussion Thread - "Believability"

Re: 8/7 Show Discussion Thread - "Believability"

You have a point about jerks existing in Hollywood. Not all successful people in the biz are nice like Tom Hanks and Donny Osmond. I have heard people who work behind the scenes on Oprah and other shows say you would be shocked at how some celebs come off behind stage. They are not very nice and are quite a pain in the neck to those around them. They say you would be shocked to know who is like that. So, it seems that being a nice person is not a requirement for being successful in show biz. What matters is if you can get the job done.

I do wish the judging on this show was a little more transparent and less BS. I don't see the need to handle it the way they have. I have agreed with the last 2 weeks of judging though. Things seem to be better since the chosen one left.

FORT Fogey

I watched the end of last week's show knowing what was going to happen. I thought seeing it again, that Ryan just about told Cameron that he would win and was trying to convince him to stay with that thought. I did laugh when he asked Cameron early on what he would do if he was written in to kiss Lea and the director had to call Ryan to the set saying that Cameron refused to kiss according to the script. THAT was when Cameron said "I guess this isn't for me." I think Ryan thought that he would make Cameron cower with that thought and instead he said he would leave.

I thought Cameron was being a bit self-righteous about holding on to his beliefs...but to each his own.

Ryan Murphy is a bit too blunt for my tastes too, but I guess that's the difference between a talent show judge and a casting person.

I can see Lindsay, Samuel and Damian on the show, but not Alex. He just hasn't shown anything but that one "character." My suspicion is that it will be Lindsay or Damian for the win. I know a lot of people don't like Lindsay, but she gave me goosebumps last night with her rendition of "Maybe This Time."

I'm not a fan of Nikki Anders either, so I don't really value her opinion with respect to Lindsay. I think Lindsay is really ambitious and insecure and is doing whatever she thinks she should do to stand out. I don't really like the faces and snarky remarks coming from Nikki during the recording sessions. Not very professional.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm sorry to see Hannah go, but she did have the weakest voice of the bottom 3. I thought, though, that Samuel was going to be the one to be sent home, though...

Ryan is perplexing to me- but i love his body of work. He is successful, but his new staffing plan doesn't make any sense. ...let's have a reality show to cast a limited run part on Glee...I will only see those that suck and figure out how I can work them in the story line...the more you suck- the more time I have to work you into the storyline.

The more he has seen Damien and Alex, the more time he had to figure out how he can write them into the story arc. Lindsey and Sameual have been in the bottne 2/1 times. That clearly isn' fair. Ryan has gone on record to say that the winner of TGP could be a love interest for Mercedes and will the bain of Sue's wrath. He recently has back-tracked on both points with the media.

That being said- Lindsey and Alex do not have a chance with this competition. While Lindsey could be the Rachel replacement, I doubt she could be a love interest for Mercedes.

Mercedes has a father who is a dentist and a brother in college (Quinn got his room)- why would they add a new brother show isn't mentioned until S3?

Samuel fills the Christian void left by Cameron, leaving the Mercedes meeting him at church storyline. Sue would hate his dreads...

Damien could be the exchange student, but...
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I hope Alex goes home next week. I hope to be a top 3 of Lindsey, Damien and Samuel. The winner should be Samuel. That's my opinion. He can be the mysterious and misunderstood loner that has a dark past which would match his always intense one-dimensional angst-ridden emotion. Then again, Ryan Murphy wants to cast him as the Christian conservative replacement for Cameron. Not sure if he could pull that off better than Cameron but he could be a character that people would think is a liberal and gets all the girls only to find out that he wouldn't kiss because of his religion, making him a virgin....a surprise twist.

I also think the winner should be Samuel. He is very talented and his beliefs being used in the story line will give him more depth in his role. I do have to wonder why people don't think that Christians kiss? I thought it was that Cameron had a girl friend and felt he betrayed her. He didn't see a line between acting and reality.

Well, in Cameron's defense, there are stars who fall in love with their character's love interest and leave their spouse because of it. Maybe he's not cut out to kiss or do love scenes with lots of girls. Whatever his reasons, he shouldn't do it if he's not comfortable with it. That said, I'm glad he's out. His level of talent and the praise he got, seemed very imbalanced IMO.

I agree with the post above about the problem with the way the contest is set up. The guy who is supposed to be inspired and create a character for the new person, is only exposed to the worst 3 of the group repeatedly. Week after week he only sees the worst of the lot, when all the better talent is being kept secret. What? That is so silly. It makes no sense. That's one reason when I thought they were nit pikcing with Alex when they put him in the bottom over saying he could sing higher notes than soneone else. I think they just wanted the writer to see Alex perform. It' all rather confusing, but even though I have enjoyed seeing the kids, perform, they need to fix how the show is set up, because it's ridiculous.

FORT Regular

I was also shocked and disappointed to see Hannah go. One thing keeps confusing me, when they are having the group pair up for a song about love, why don't they ever make Alex sing about loving a woman? The made all of the men pretend they were gay, at one time or another, and had to sing to Alex romantically, but let's see if Alex has the acting chops to "make love to a woman" through his singing and acting.
    Candybar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neecy44 View Post
    I was also shocked and disappointed to see Hannah go. One thing keeps confusing me, when they are having the group pair up for a song about love, why don't they ever make Alex sing about loving a woman? The made all of the men pretend they were gay, at one time or another, and had to sing to Alex romantically, but let's see if Alex has the acting chops to "make love to a woman" through his singing and acting.
    Believability? He's not a very good actor to begin with and he doesn't strike me as someone who could play it straight.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast