+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/31 Discussion Thread Sexuality

FORT Fogey

7/31 Discussion Thread Sexuality

Interesting show with the to-do about Cameron. It was so overt that he was the golden child. Ryan tells him that he would have made it to the finals.....what??? With all the problems connected to him, it made no sense that they found him to be the winner.
    Debb70 likes this.

Re: 7/31 Discussion Thread Sexuality

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Interesting show with the to-do about Cameron. It was so overt that he was the golden child. Ryan tells him that he would have made it to the finals.....what??? With all the problems connected to him, it made no sense that they found him to be the winner.
    At last, our long national nightmare is over! The show was almost painful to watch. The fawning over Cameron was sickening and I've lost some respect for Murphy. Cameron over Damian? Give me a break. Even Murphy and his minions knew the acting portion of the gig would be a major issue with Cameron. Glee, in many ways, is all about high school hormones and unless they were planning to write Cameron as the "virtuous against all temptations hero" where would that leave them?
    Debb70 likes this.

Yes. I am relieved Cameron is gone too. I think he was smarter than the judges. I hope they realize how pathetic and biased they came off. They need to really get their act together. What's wrong with them?

I still think he could be brought back, so I'm not totally certain another person wins.

I actually like all the remaining cast members and have no issue with any of them winning, now that Cameron is gone. So, I'll be happy with any of those left winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes. I am relieved Cameron is gone too. I think he was smarter than the judges. I hope they realize how pathetic and biased they came off. They need to really get their act together. What's wrong with them?

I still think he could be brought back, so I'm not totally certain another person wins.

I actually like all the remaining cast members and have no issue with any of them winning, now that Cameron is gone. So, I'll be happy with any of those left winning!
    I like them as well but I wonder about how they fit in. If Damian was going to get chopped yesterday, the exchange student angle obviously wasn't getting much play. If it was, Damian could have gotten up there and mimed Danny Boy and they would have gushed all over it. Lindsey is, to me, the most talented overall but another very attractive girl with a big voice wouldn't exactly be fresh. Hannah is really cool. She has a good voice and really looked great in the Teenage Dream number. If Ashley Fink stays for season three, would you have two "big girls" in the cast? I doubt it. As for Alex, while there's no question about his talent (although I still prefer his voice in its lower registers), is there room for the cast for someone who would out-Diva Kurt? Of course there's also Alex' personality which might be an issue for the production team and the other cast members. Samuel, who strikes me as being more professional that the other kids, might be unique enough to add something to the cast. His look at McKinley High? That could be interesting and an interracial romance could be a great plot arc.
    sparklete likes this.

Good points about the remaining contestants. I don't watch Glee, so I have no idea who would fit in. I did read that some members are leaving the show. I'm sure the producers knew that when the competition was going on.

What demographic watches Glee? Girls from 10-16? I have heard good stuff about the show since it aired. It's also won some awards. I don't know anyone personally who watches it though, OH, yes I do. My mom watches it and she's 70 years old. LOL

The thing is, this is a casting show - it's all about Ryan Murphy finding someone he wants to write for on his show. If he wanted to write for Cameron more than the others, that's his choice to make. Do I think Cameron should have won? No, but that's not my call.

I'm glad Cameron is gone because it was increasingly obvious that he didn't want to be there and that he wasn't cut out for the show....or acting in general. I think Cameron would have disappointed RM in the end if he was actually cast on Glee and that's why I'm glad he's gone.

I hope the next elimination is Alex. After so many weeks in the bottom 3, I don't think there's any way he will win this thing.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Alex can belt out a song though. It was interesting that Ryan told him that he wanted to see what else he could do beside the diva thing ( which he has down pat).

I am so impressed with Hannah. She can do everythng they ask of her. As I have said before, I never liked the Lauren character or her ridiculous story line. If they wanted to put in the heavy girl, Hannah is so much warmer and not one-dimensional.
    Debb70 likes this.

Still rooting for Damien and Samuel. After last night, Samuel proved he could have chemistry with a door knob! I also warmed up a bit to Lindsey watching her video. She was pretty good. But I think I'm with Critical here....I'm hoping Alex goes home next week too. I'm on the fence with Hannah, but mostly because since they already have Lauren, I see Samuel and Damien as the two most unique character's compared to what Glee has on the canvas already. Well, that and at the risk of sounding like a serious cougar, Samuel is hot, hot, hot!! So, umm, Debb? That Glee demographic might skew just a tad wee bit older in some places
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Regular

First-time poster here! Hi everyone!
    I'm pretty surprised that there are so many Samuel fans. Maybe it's just me who's put off by
    the big dreadlocks and the tiny pants. He's an attractive guy tho, just not the look I go for.
    I'm also surprised to see not too many fans of Alex. I think he did a great job in all his last chance
    performances, altho it would be nice to see something besides the diva thing...

I can't even begin to try to call it on who will win. I've been wrong at every elimination, so I
    must have no clue what they are looking for. I've never seen Glee, that might be why...
    Debb70 likes this.

Yeah, I don't know who fits in either, because I don't watch Glee. Maybe I will now! LOL Despite the Cameron treatment, I have enjoyed seeing the contestants perform. I think all of them did well last night, even Cameron. I think it was right that he left though.

I think Alex may be too good for Glee. I think he may be bored with that type of thing. Maybe that's why he's acting so blah about it, although when he performs, he performs. I don't think he's any more one dimensional than any of the other kids. Oh, well, maybe. Could he play a straight guy? Didn't he do that already? I forgot.

Lyndsay always stands out on camera. She's stunning and has a great voice, but I have seen lots of stunning looking girls with great voices. Next.....
    Samuel does nothing for me, but that's a matter of taste. I can see how some girls might love him. I'm just past that hairstyle. I wonder how he would look with a totally new look!

I'm on the fence with Damien. He's okay and I liked his bottom 3 song last night better than the producer did. I think that he said that the performance was not good, in order to justify keeping Cameron. He knew it would be more difficult to justify sending Alex home and he had to come up with a "contrived" reason that Damien left instead. That's my theory. LOL
    ibot2much likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast