+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/31 Discussion Thread Sexuality

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/31 Discussion Thread Sexuality

I like that idea...that nothing Damien could have done would have put him above Cameron in the judges' opinions. It would have been very hard to say that Alex's song didn't do anything for them...he is just too far out there. But Damien was fair game when they already knew they were going to keep Cameron ( all the way to the finals!!! )That made me crazy when Ryan said that because it told us that the weekly performance means nothing.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Regular

I wouldn't be surprised if Alex is just acting blah about things as a defense mechanism for rejection. I think this means a lot to him, maybe more than it does to the others. Sometimes, to me, he looks like he's torn between who he wants to be and what the producers want from him.
    I agree with you, Debb, on Samuel and Lindsey. Maybe I'm alone here in really liking Cameron's performance last night. I thought it was so -- pretty. I totally agree it was good that he left tho. If he woulda stayed after the producer asked him to, and then won, then the whole last few episodes woulda seemed so biased.
    I dunno about Damien tho. He's not really standing out to me. Am I missing something that others are seeing in him?

Alex is very talened. I was kind of put off by Ryan's remarks that Alex not gay up the singing. Okay Rayan, stop giving him female songs is my answer to that. Let see you gave him Effie and Gloria Gaynor. I would have loved to hear him singing something else. I am so not a Damien or Samuel fan. But love the girls and Alex. I watch Glee and can see them mingle with the other characters.
    Debb70 likes this.

Yeah, that's right. They did give him Diva songs to sing, so what do you expect. Also, they paired him with a guy for the video. I guess he was hesitant to say anything back to them. They do hold their fate.

Michael Jackson also had a very high voice. Who was it that said Alex reminded them of? I think it was Ceelo Green? I think Ceelo is straight, based on what I saw on The Voice.

I hope all these kids find opportunities through this program.

Quote Originally Posted by LRain View Post
    First-time poster here! Hi everyone!
    I'm pretty surprised that there are so many Samuel fans. Maybe it's just me who's put off by
    the big dreadlocks and the tiny pants. He's an attractive guy tho, just not the look I go for.
    I'm also surprised to see not too many fans of Alex. I think he did a great job in all his last chance
    performances, altho it would be nice to see something besides the diva thing...

I can't even begin to try to call it on who will win. I've been wrong at every elimination, so I
    must have no clue what they are looking for. I've never seen Glee, that might be why...

My last boyfriend had dreads, so I'm partial to them, as long as they're kept neat and clean. I think there's a lot of depth to Samuel that I don't see in Alex.

About Alex being too good for Glee - I think HE thinks he's too good for it, or he acts like he is. I don't think he's a good enough actor and I don't think that attitude will win him any friends. On a show like Glee, things move very fast and they work very long hours. Unless that attitude is all an act, Alex would have a hard time on that show and, frankly, no one would put up with it, especially from a newcomer. While the show does tend to deal in archetypes, all of the actors on the show have been able to go beyond that and show vulnerability and depth. I think that's what is concerning RM - Alex has only shown the diva act and is probably beginning to wonder if that's all Alex can do.

I like Hannah, but unless Ashley Fink leaves the show, I can't see RM having two big girls on the show. I'd LOVE to see it though. I think Hannah is adorable. For me, the contest is between Samuel, Lindsay and Damian.

That being said, I was disappointed in Damian's rendition of "Danny Boy" last night and I was expecting him to blow me away. That song pretty much always makes me cry and it felt to me like he was sleep walking through it. I hope he really brings it next week and shows that he deserves to be there. I must say, his accent is absolutely adorable.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princess07 View Post
    Alex is very talened. I was kind of put off by Ryan's remarks that Alex not gay up the singing. Okay Rayan, stop giving him female songs is my answer to that. Let see you gave him Effie and Gloria Gaynor. I would have loved to hear him singing something else. I am so not a Damien or Samuel fan. But love the girls and Alex. I watch Glee and can see them mingle with the other characters.
    ......Now Alex your song for tonight is "It's Raining Men" and don't gay it up.......LOL
    dzigner, Katydyd and Debb70 like this.

Ha ha.....that was too funny. I'm sure that what his name song will be or one of Diana Ross' songs.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    ......Now Alex your song for tonight is "It's Raining Men" and don't gay it up.......LOL
    Too funny!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    hahaha that's great!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

My last boyfriend had dreads, so I'm partial to them, as long as they're kept neat and clean. I think there's a lot of depth to Samuel that I don't see in Alex.
    Thank you for the welcome, Critical!
    I agree that there doesn't seem to be much depth to Alex. There's definitely a lot of talent there, but I'm not exactly seeing him peeling back the layers. But with Samuel, I'm not seeing it either. I will have to pay more attention to Sam. He's an attractive guy, just not my type. But it was really ripping off Hannah's skiddosh thing that kinda turned me off to him. We will see..
    I'm so embarrassed to admit I have never heard "Danny Boy" so I didn't have a frame of reference with Damian's performance. If you're saying that song usually makes you cry, I was definitely not getting that at all from him. I didn't think it was bad at all, but I wasn't very moved by it either.
    I really like Hannah a lot, too! What a wonderful personality. She's the kind of girl you'd wanna be friends with for sure. I think two big girls on the show would be a lot of fun.
    I'm excited to see how it all plays out! We will see..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast