+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 7/24 Show Discussion Thread - "Tenacity"

7/24 Show Discussion Thread - "Tenacity"

Okay, well it looks like some of the spoilers about the winner AND boot order were totally WRONG!

At this point, it's hard to lose anyone. They're all talented and I could see any one of them on Glee.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/24 Show Discussion Thread - "Tenacity"

What a shocker....I don't think Marissa really won the tenacity challenge so much as the Glee kid picked her because he wanted to work with her. I didn't think she stood out much...but it did come as a surprise ( and to her) that the challenge winner was bottom three and then gone. She peaked later then most, but did not last very long at the top. Going by the spoiler I was watching Alex carefully to see what he did that might have caused his problem. I did see the casual attitude toward the dance like he was running the steps through his mind and then "ok I got it" while the other kids were killing themselves to learn it. However, when he belted out his song ( and he would have been amazing without the drag too), I said there was no way he could be leaving. The three judges were so responsive to him.

I am over Cameron and really, really thought he was out and he should have been ---being the only one to react to the cold. Between the kiss drama and the cold drama, enough already.
    Debb70 likes this.

I think Marissa won the challenge because the guy thought she was hot. I must give it to her, the girl as pipes but she was getting a little bit too cocky. I am so over Damien (I think that's his name), Sam and Cameron. Damien keeps focusing on what Alex is doing instead working on his own craft. Everybody learns at their own pace. I am in love with Hanna and Alex, they are the most fun to watch. What I like about Hanna is that she never lets obstacles get in her way like the dance moves and the slushies being thrown in her face. She just got up on that table and did her thing. Awesome! Oh yeah and Alex dressed as Effie and sanged his butt off.......priceless. If he doesn' make it on Glee he is definately Broadway Bound.....New York New York!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Debb70 likes this.

This show is rapidly becoming a joke. I get the feeling that Murphy and his henchmen are being more than a bit dishonest at this point. In the name of saving Cameron every week they focus on relatively small issues with another contestant and magnify them into eliminators while his faults are more significant, pointed out and then ignored. Marissa may have had a small letdown but she had been coming on strong and then bam, she's gone. Give me a break. My suspicion is that they know what they want and have constructed this "competition" to expand the Glee brand/empire. In yet another tease, Murphy (or someone) has said that the winner is very well liked by the current cast. Can anyone imagine Alex or Lindsey fitting that description? Samuel? Maybe, but Hannah and Damien, definitely. My bet is on Damien for the exchange student angle.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

We've said that from the start....with America not voting and the call backs being left up to the 3 men, it is very evident that they know who or what they want and they vote people off to keep their from-the-start choices on the show. No surprise there. It is good that kids from the hinderlands are being given this chance....but it is and has always been the producers' hunt for the kid they want. We are just along for the ride to enjoy some new performers.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cal1981 View Post
    In yet another tease, Murphy (or someone) has said that the winner is very well liked by the current cast. Can anyone imagine Alex or Lindsey fitting that description? Samuel? Maybe, but Hannah and Damien, definitely. My bet is on Damien for the exchange student angle.
    No, what was said is that the winner is somebody who is surprisingly well liked by the current cast. The emphasis was on surprisingly which lends one to believe that the winner is somebody who is currently being edited to not be very likable (Alex, Lindsey) or somebody who is a perpetual bottom feeder (Damien, Cameron) or somebody who is almost a nonentity because they are mostly invisible (Hannah).

Basically, I had speculated that the spoilers are just red herrings being tossed around and mean nothing. Marissa going home pretty much proved that since one group had her winning and another had her coming darn close to it. Clearly those spoilers were completely wrong.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I didn't check the spoilers on Friday or this weekend, evidently they all changed. Convenient, eh?

Click to see Spoiler:
    One group is claiming that Lindsay wins. Another claims that since Hannah/Lindsay are living together and posting their various adventures via videos on their facebook accounts that she (Lindsay) isn't the winner but instead it's Samuel. Yet another group is saying the winner is Damien because his plotline is already created (the foreign exchange student who Sue hates and she starts a campaign against illegal immigrants while he just is too clueless to realize what is going on and just smiles at her making her hate him even more...sighs). Just sort of seems like people are throwing things out there now so they can claim they had inside information all along.

FORT Fogey

That is pretty much what 99% of the spoilers are----people claiming they have inside info to make themselves feel special?? I wondered what the attitude would be once they were discovered to BE WRONG. Thanks for sharing.
    Debb70 likes this.

Well, the one "spoiler" I believe to be correct is that Ryan said he regretted one of his decisions, and after seeing the person's full body of work he felt that person was let go too early. I can only believe that person was Marissa. No way she should have gone last night. My top three faves were Marissa, Samuel and Damien, so I'm still holding out hope for one of the guys. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm having a really hard time warming up to Alex. Yes, he has pipes and sang the heck out of that song last night, but personally he just doesn't do it for me. I adore Chris Colfer and really feel Alex would be simply Kurt.2
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Katydyd - I don't think you are in the majority. I'm finding the Alex supporters few and far between. Lindsay is warming up to a lot of people while Cameron has fallen completely out of favor and seems to have out stayed his welcome.

Common consensus is that Marissa is the one he regrets sending home. I'm not sure I believe that because I just didn't see anything about her that made me think "Yes! I see a place for her on Glee"

We will find out soon enough who it was because rumor has it that Ryan gives this person a spot as well (now wouldn't that be a slap in the face to the winner if that were true?).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast