+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 7/24 Show Discussion Thread - "Tenacity"

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/24 Show Discussion Thread - "Tenacity"

I had read somewhere an interview with Ryan or some other GLEE person and they said that they thought they would find a spot for more than one person. With the talk of the three kids "graduating" after next season, some major spaces open up, including the McK HS diva.

I read an article today that said that this show has somehow become more popular than Glee itself. I can see that. I grew disenchanted with Glee a long time ago and can't even remember the last time I watched an episode. Yet, I've not missed a single one of this show. This show has everything that Glee had in the beginning (well minus the big dream sequences lol).

I really like this show and I like that so many of these contestants were truly "ugly" (AKA normal, plain) instead of the fake ugly over there on Glee.

If they would retire that whole slushy nonsense and stop trying to make every episode into some sort of PSA, I may just start watching again (especially if some of the contestants from this show ended up over there). I thought while watching this last video that I would love to see ALL of them on Glee. They are really great kids and talented (in spite of editing).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Katydyd - I don't think you are in the majority. I'm finding the Alex supporters few and far between. Lindsay is warming up to a lot of people while Cameron has fallen completely out of favor and seems to have out stayed his welcome.
    Unfortunately Cameron has outworn his welcome with everyone but the three that count. Talk about bias and favoritism. Alex gets "And I am Telling You" which, whatever I think of his personality, he kills in drag as Effie but which, if he didn't show some courage, he could have tanked on. Marissa gets Hate on Me which, BTW, she does a fine job on. And what does Cameron get? His own composition which he has a deep attachment to. Talk about a home court advantage. It was pretty outrageous and signaled, once again, the show runners' almost desperate efforts to save him. Why, is completely beyond me.
    Debb70 likes this.

Tenacity - noun - the quality or state of being tenacious Source Merriam-Webster

Tenacious - a : persistent in maintaining, adhering to, or seeking something valued or desired <a tenacious advocate of civil rights> <tenacious negotiators> Source Merriam-Webster

Please tell me I am not the only one that it was driving crazy how every single person on this show seemed to have NO FREAKING idea what tenacity meant! They were angry, kicking chairs over, blah blah blah. Seriously, couldn't somebody have told them they were wrong? I thought when they stopped them during the homework it would be tell them that they had it wrong. But no, it was to tell them to act even more crazy.

Tenacity - the ability to preserve, to be persistent, to rise above challenges and keep pushing till you reach your goal (my personal definition of tenacity).

And finally from the Thesaurus we have:

Tenacity - persistent determination
    doggedness, perseverance, persistency, pertinacity, tenaciousness, persistence
    determination, purpose - the quality of being determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose; "his determination showed in his every movement"; "he is a man of purpose"

OK. I'm done. It just drove me crazy. Almost as crazy as seeing that BS thing that was done to Marissa. Did I want her to win? No. But she sure as heck shouldn't have gone home before Cameron! If Cameron wins this thing....oh wait....I already don't watch the show. So yeah, whatever lol. But if Lindsay, Hannah, Damien, or Samuel win then I might actually be tempted to tune in and catch them at least once.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I read a rumored spoiler last week on the winner and was disappointed. I decided to watch the anyway last night. Once again I was blown away with Alex. I have decided that Alex is too good for Glee IMO. He needs a movie or broadway role and I bet he gets one. I'm not even hoping he wins now.

Cameron was on my last nerve weeks ago. It is so bizarre how he gets favored that it makes me sick. The problem is that if he wins, there will be so many Glee viewers who hate his character by the time he gets there. What's he doing behind the scenes? It makes you wonder. Does he know those guys who seem to be in love with him?

To keep Cameron and toss Marissa is too crazy. It makes no sense IMO.

Still loving Hannah, Alex and that brunette girl.

I am frustrated with the show and consider the trickery, unfairness and contradictory statements from the judges an insult. I can't see me watching another season. That's why I had to give up Project Runway their last season and a few other shows on Bravo. Too obviously biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Well, the one "spoiler" I believe to be correct is that Ryan said he regretted one of his decisions, and after seeing the person's full body of work he felt that person was let go too early. I can only believe that person was Marissa. No way she should have gone last night. My top three faves were Marissa, Samuel and Damien, so I'm still holding out hope for one of the guys. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm having a really hard time warming up to Alex. Yes, he has pipes and sang the heck out of that song last night, but personally he just doesn't do it for me. I adore Chris Colfer and really feel Alex would be simply Kurt.2
    I don't like Alex and haven't really from the very beginning. If this show just ONLY about singing, maybe I'd feel differently, but it's not. I don't even really enjoy hearing him sing. It's not just about hitting notes - it's about having something that draws people in and engages them. IMO, Alex doesn't have that. There's more to being a good singer than vocal pyrotechnics. I just don't see his personality working on the show. He's already thrown attitude around and been nasty to a "co-star" (Matheus). He's my least favorite of the remaining contestants.

I'm hoping for a Samuel, Damian, Lindsay final three. Any of them would do well on the show.
    sparklete likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well I guess I'm the only minority that can see Alex being a part of the Glee cast. I just see Alex and Mercedes performing a duet together. That would be AWESOME! To me, the kid just has an amazing voice. And like I posted before, if he doesn't make it on Glee, he darn sure better make on it Broadway.
    Debb70 likes this.

Lindsay is very stunning looking on camera IMO. She's really good, but is she unique? Not really. There are lots of pretty girls with talent in Hollywood. I think the oddballs interest me more, like Alex and Hannah. Samuel and Damian bore me to tears. I can see the girl charm for them both though. I don't watch Glee so I don't know who would fit in well.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't like Alex and haven't really from the very beginning. If this show just ONLY about singing, maybe I'd feel differently, but it's not. I don't even really enjoy hearing him sing. It's not just about hitting notes - it's about having something that draws people in and engages them. IMO, Alex doesn't have that. There's more to being a good singer than vocal pyrotechnics. I just don't see his personality working on the show. He's already thrown attitude around and been nasty to a "co-star" (Matheus). He's my least favorite of the remaining contestants.

I'm hoping for a Samuel, Damian, Lindsay final three. Any of them would do well on the show.
    I don't like his personality (or at least the edited version). He can hit those notes though.

Don't think I'd want to see him on the show. And for me, tonight was the first night I absolutely LOVED his elimination performance. He really showed some character. Yes, he was in drag, but even without that gimmick, he really impressed me. I could see him with a music career, but just don't know if he could pull off acting.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrimble View Post
    I don't like his personality (or at least the edited version). He can hit those notes though.

Don't think I'd want to see him on the show. And for me, tonight was the first night I absolutely LOVED his elimination performance. He really showed some character. Yes, he was in drag, but even without that gimmick, he really impressed me. I could see him with a music career, but just don't know if he could pull off acting.
    Singing? Yes. Acting? No. Not even Broadway. How many parts are there really for Alex? I think he'd face the same issues that I think Chris Colfer will face post-Glee. The difference between Alex and Chris is, of course, that Chris can act....and he has a Golden Globe.

At this point in the competition, they're all talented. Now it's about who will fit into the show. I just don't see Alex or Hannah on the show. I can see any of the others fitting into the cast easily.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast