+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 7/17 Show Discussion Thread - "Pairability"

7/17 Show Discussion Thread - "Pairability"

I'm just now watching the very end of the episode and I have to say, man, how awkward have those Damian/Matheus duets been? Yikes. I think they were definitely right in eliminating Matheus. I just don't think his voice or acting ability are up to par.

This is the first week where we really saw Hannah shine, which I loved. I also liked Lindsay this week and felt sorry for her that Cameron was SO overly concerned with that little kiss. How on earth does he think he'll have an acting career if he won't even kiss someone on camera? I can appreciate the fact that he wants to stay faithful to his girl, but it's not as if Lindsay cornered him somewhere offset and laid one on him.

OTOH, Samuel's reaction to Marissa kissing him was adorable! You could tell it totally made his day. He's such an interesting dichotomy: he looks like he'd be more of a tough rocker kid and he's really very sweet and sensitive. I can totally see him on Glee.

I'm just not feeling Alex. I've never been a big fan. Maybe I think he's too affected or self-conscious in the way he acts on camera. I'm just not that impressed. It can't only be about vocal pyrotechnics.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: 7/17 Show Discussion Thread - "Pairability"

Alex is talented but just like Matheus, he's not coming off as very likable or even nice. He is being edited as this egomaniac who thinks he's the most talented thing to ever tumble off the talent wagon.

I like Samuel, I can see him so easily fitting into this show. The good looking, sensitive guy that causes all the girls to lose their minds and start fighting one another to get his attention. I can already see this playing out in my head. Heck, they can even have Emma and Terry develop inappropriate crushes on him and also competing with the girls to get his attention (of course they will be completely torn up inside and neurotic because he is just a teen).

I also like Lindsay, they keep trying to make us hate her but I'm not buying it. I'm not new to this whole reality TV game and I KNOW that they try to create certain characters for the show. She got the mean girl character. Thing is, Ryan has already made it known that Finn, Rachel, and Kurt are graduating. I can see Linday being the new Rachel.

Cameron - lost his spot. I think he was a shoe-in for the role but his inability to separate his job from real life is the kiss of death (ha ha). If he can't get it through his head that it means nothing, that acting involves being intimate sometimes, then he needs to find something else to do with his life and give up dreams of acting.

I don't like Hannah. She is just icky (and not because of her size but because she's a bit of a sour puss).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I was not too disappointed that Matteus left. Whether he was or not, he came off as a cry baby kept popping up in the bottom. When Damian brought up to the judges about Alex insulting him, Matheus should have told Damian on stage, hush up, I'll fight my own battles. Save the tattle tales please.

I love Hannah and hope she stays around. She always makes me smile.

I love Alex. He's good IMO at everything. So what if he's a diva. His voice is good enough. And I suspect he is being made to look that way. Reality shows like to create drama by painting the nice girl, mean girl, boss, shy one, etc.

I'm really over Cameron. He's not a good singer, can't act and has no personality. So why do the staff cheer for him over and over. I'm sick of it. I'm beginning to wonder what is going on behind the scenes for all that support. It looks like unfair favortism IMO.

I don't get Samuel. He's not a good singer and lacks personality IMO. They are keeping him around to keep teen girls viewing the show IMO.

FORT Fogey

Interesting show last night. There is no way that Alex deserved to be in the bottom three--- except for the drama of his one-upping M. It wasn't much more than kids showing off so to tattle to the producers was just childish. He did come across as less talented as the other kids during both of the duets.....but letting him go after pushing the fight with Alex was interesting, the editing making it look like the producers did not like the cry-baby aspect.

Cameron should be the next to go since the writer commented that he could see Cameron as their "Christian" stereotype ( my word). A couple of characters were told they could be seen in a role ( last week's M. as the country person) only to be sent packing.
    Debb70 likes this.

Yeah, if you get good comments in the bottom 3, it usually means pack your bags. LOL

Honestly, the only reason I can see them keeping the cute boys is to keep young girls watching. I don't watch Glee, but like the Glee Project. LOL I have no idea what they may need to fill this role. I do think the remaining girls are great singers though.

I like Alex and Hannah, because they are the kids that are usually teased in school.

FORT Fogey

I forgot to add that Alex and Hannah doing the CHICAGO song were priceless. Duets are great because you can easily see who is the more talented by whom you watch more. My eyes went to Damien, Lindsey and Marisa in their three.....but both kids drew me equally in both duets.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I'm really over Cameron. He's not a good singer, can't act and has no personality. So why do the staff cheer for him over and over. I'm sick of it. I'm beginning to wonder what is going on behind the scenes for all that support. It looks like unfair favortism IMO.
    I agree. For the life of me I don't understand Zack and Robert's infatuation with this guy. He is a decent singer but not in the same league with some of the others including those who have been cut, can't dance worth a lick and has some personal issues which would interfere with his being an actor. It seemed to me that Murphy wanted to cut him last night but again, the other two rescued him. Some other thoughts: Hannah is a kick. She can sing, sell a performance and moves reasonably well for her size. Marissa has really come on strong the past few weeks and her duet with Samuel was very good. I find Alex to be incredibly annoying. He has great voice, especially when he drops it to his lower register but, maybe due the editing, he appears to be arrogant with a sense of entitlement that he ain't entitled to. On the show, would he out-Kurt Kurt? I don't think that this would work very well. I like Damien and could see him written as an exchange student but who knows what Murphy is looking for at this point. As others have said whenever her praises someone highly they get the boot. He has been publicly hinting at the role that the winner will play, Sue's new nemesis as she embarks on a scandal ridden political career but its hard to envision any of the remaining kids as this character.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

Glad that gross Matheus is gone! At least I don't have to hear the judges tell him to sex it up again...which looks really awkward and disturbing because he's not sexy or heartthrob material to begin with. He came across as creepy and desperate instead by stripping last week! I can't believe McKynleigh was booted instead of him. Judging by the 1st three eliminations where attitude and being difficult to work with were the criteria to be sent home packing, Matheus would have been the one sent home last week. It was unfair for McKynleigh but it was only a matter of time for Matheus and sure enough he got the boot as soon as he landed the bottom 3. I do think that Ryan wanted to make a character for a short guy on Glee. I don't watch Glee much but I like this show, it's very different from American Idol, and I think it's better. However, these kids can audition for AI or The Voice, they are very good.

That being said, there is indeed favoritism going for Cameron. The two other judges are saving his butt. I do think though that he can play an introverted nerd in Glee who is also a bible beating Christian. Just like Finn, he can't dance but he has that nerdy coolness in him. Ryan should be allowed to see the videos so he can decide better who to keep and who to eliminate. I think they need a fresh character, I see that in Cameron, Damian (foreign exchange student), and Samuel (mysterious angst-ridden anti-social poet). As for the girls, I don't see them as very different characters from what Glee has right now. The two female characters McKynleigh (demure country girl, ala Sandy of Grease) and Ellis (naive freshman who skipped grades because she's super smart) would have been the interesting characters.

FORT Fogey

The push for M. to be sexy just did not work. I think the writers did this already on GLEE and it was not successful. The heavy, unattractive girl---both inside and outside unattractive ---for whom Puck fell is a ridiculous and toally unbelievable storyline. To try it again with M would NOT have worked.

FORT Fogey

I just reread the blurb about the show that Critical included in the show outline. It says the show is on for 6 weeks------so next week they pick the winner????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast