+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6/27 Show Discussion Thread - "Vulnerability"

Re: 6/27 Show Discussion Thread - "Vulnerability"

Quote Originally Posted by cal1981 View Post
    I'm sure that Murphy has had a pretty good look at the kids before the cutdown.
    I'm not sure that he does. In the interview I read with him he said that he wished he'd seen footage of one of the eliminated contestants before he eliminated them. He said that their bottom 3 performance didn't hint at how great the person was in the footage he saw after the elimination when it was too late.

I think the thing that makes this show so interesting AND so frustrating is that the decision is based on one person's creative vision and what HE needs and sees may be completely different from what we, as the viewers, are seeing. Plus, we may have favorites who he just cannot imagine writing for on the show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm not sure if I should spoiler this or not as it has to do with an interview posted in the "Glee" thread about the character that whoever wins will be playing. I t didn't say anything about who wins, but just in case....
    Click to see Spoiler:
    In the interview, Ryan says that the winner will be playing Sue's new "arch nemesis." That being said, I think Matteus would be pretty perfect. I can completely see him as a foil for Sue....a short, cocky, sarcastic student...sort of a younger, shorter, "maler" version of Sue herself.....I think it would pretty hysterical in fact
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fogey

Now I can see ALex playing a role like that....he has the confidence to be himself ( which would be everything Sue would dislike). Cameron again is comfortable with himself and could be a character who would just not care what she thinks

I can see Lindsay being the Anti-Rachel Berry in that context. I don't think she'll win with her snotty attitude, but it would be run to see someone out-Rachel Rachel and plot against the Glee club.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fanatic

I wish that in shows like this one, they would keep each person in longer. maybe give it 4 weeks and then just cut 4 people and no second chance performance. I think they run the risk of cutting someone too soon. and certainly come off as being arbitrary in their decisions.

But I feel that the producers have 3-4 people in mind who will pretty much make it to the end no matter how they do.

FORT Fogey

Click to see Spoiler:
    Interesting news coming out about GLEE. The Overstreet kid ( is he the blonde who was hired because he looks like Beiber) got fired and they will be increasing the roles of Darren Criss and one other character (whose name I didn't catch) to regular status. I don't recall the Overstreet kid being memorable oo having any great story lines, so I guess they figured they made a mistake with him
    Last edited by Critical; 07-05-2011 at 01:04 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Click to see Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Interesting news coming out about GLEE. The Overstreet kid ( is he the blonde who was hired because he looks like Beiber) got fired and they will be increasing the roles of Darren Criss and one other character (whose name I didn't catch) to regular status. I don't recall the Overstreet kid being memorable oo having any great story lines, so I guess they figured they made a mistake with him

The other kid is Harry Chan (the kidwho dances but doesn't sing that well).
    Last edited by Critical; 07-05-2011 at 01:05 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Please remember that casting spoilers for Glee need to be in spoiler tags. Even if information is being reported on entertainment sites, unless it has happened on the show, it's still a spoiler.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12