+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 06-19-2011 Show Discussion "Theatricality" **SPOILER ALERT*

06-19-2011 Show Discussion "Theatricality" **SPOILER ALERT*

Just finished watching it on Hulu, because Time-Warner moved Oxygen to a higher tier that I don't get. I enjoyed the episode, and just wonder, as another poster said, why this show isn't on Fox where more Glee fans would have found it. I find The Glee Project a lot of fun to watch, with most of the elements I love about Glee itself -- a variety of talented young people singing and dancing in group numbers, as well as some solo performances.

In fact, I think I enjoyed the three "sing for your life" performances at the end most of all, both this week and last week. I am very disappointed that my early favorite, Ellis, was the one eliminated this week. My new favorite is Cameron, the tall skinny guy with the glasses, with Samuel with the dreads close behind. The girls? Haven't picked a new fave -- but I know for sure it is NOT Emily.

FORT Fogey

Re: 06-19-2011 Show Discussion "Theatricality" **SPOILER ALERT*

Interesting that two kids who were sent home were the two who gave the mentors some backtalk. Her cry- me- a- river speech to the three judges about how she was treated by the other girls was the other reason for her demise. If we are seeing the tape, then I would guess they are too and her perception as to what happened might not have been totally accurate. They knew it and then did not like her attempt at cute niceness when they finished talking to her. They might need a child who can play difficult, but not be difficult in reality

Interesting point of view about Ellis -- thanks. Also interesting that what got her to the bottom 3 two weeks in a row, and then kicked out, was her interpersonal skills and not her talent. I guess that's the real world of casting unknowns. Loved hearing her bottom 3 show tune and jazzy standards, though. ("Hey, Big Spender" and "Mack the Knife"). I LOVE stuff like that, which is probably why I was an Ellis fan.

Like one of the judges said, they're not picking the most talented here. Glee is a grueling show to shoot and they need people who will soldier through it and not complain. Ellis and Bryce both seemed to have trouble with the pace of things and both got a little whiny. I would have cut them too. It's early stages yet and if they're already complaining, that's not a good sign.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Just finished watching it on Hulu, because Time-Warner moved Oxygen to a higher tier that I don't get.
    I saw the first episode of this on Bravo this past Saturday morning. They don't have it listed for this Saturday so maybe it was a once only thing.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread