+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Cameron - Contender

Re: Cameron - Contender

Seriously...he was going to quit and they won't let him??? Is there any point then in continuing the competition?
    Debb70 likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Well, at least there will be some suspense left (because darn it, no matter how hard I look I can't find any definitive spoilers!! ). And I'm glad Damien gets another shot....I hope he goes far! Cameron was good, but not my favorite by a long shot.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

Well I think it's safe to say after tonight's show that we know who Ryan was referring to when he said someone left too early.

And I haven't been that fond of Cameron the past few weeks, but I really could see it tonight...especially his conviction. I think that's what Ryan is drawn to and would make sure to write it that way.

As far as him not being the heartthrob for the girls....my 15 y/o daughter absolutely LOVED him and wanted him to go all the way.

He was supposed to have been eliminated a couple of weeks ago. But now we learned that Ryan Murphy actually has a role for him. The Christian conservative guy. And that's why they have been keeping him week after week after week. Damien got a 2nd chance because Cameron quit. He's really not an actor (he is the weakest in terms of acting) as he could not set his morals/beliefs aside which is something that one has to do in order to become a true artist and a professional actor.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrimble View Post

As far as him not being the heartthrob for the girls....my 15 y/o daughter absolutely LOVED him and wanted him to go all the way.
    I don't think Cameron goes all the way
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

LOL. The "Like" feature doesn't seem to be working, so just know that I would have used it for this comment.

I can see Ryan wanting to write a character like Cameron. He's a lot different from Quinn in that she was more doing the abstinence club thing for social reasons, whereas someone like Cameron deeply believes in it, and it affects how he functions in the world which could make for some interesting story lines.

I think Cameron maybe should have trusted that process more, but he's young probably couldn't see the possibilities.

It's too bad, because he would have been an interesting character. The super cool nerdy musician that all the girls are crazy for who doesn't know what to do about their advances, because he's committed to abstinence. I think it could have worked quite well.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 08-01-2011 at 02:49 AM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Well apparently, they ran a very tight ship becasue there are no valid spoilers. We laughed at the ones that we discovered a week or so ago that turned out to be people pretending they knew when in reality they were making them up.

Nobody saw that Cameron thing coming...and the judges' reaction of pure horror that he would be leaving when they hand picked him already as the winner. He survived a) crying about the first kiss b) holding up shooting by reacting to the slushie c) refusing to do a kiss .....and they still were going to keep him. At least now it is anybody's game.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Well apparently, they ran a very tight ship becasue there are no valid spoilers. We laughed at the ones that we discovered a week or so ago that turned out to be people pretending they knew when in reality they were making them up.

Nobody saw that Cameron thing coming...and the judges' reaction of pure horror that he would be leaving when they hand picked him already as the winner. He survived a) crying about the first kiss b) holding up shooting by reacting to the slushie c) refusing to do a kiss .....and they still were going to keep him. At least now it is anybody's game.
    Maybe not! I suspect they may bring him back into the competition. You know, he leaves, has a change of heart and then, BAM, he's back into it again. Of course, they would let him come back. He's so GREAT!

Seriously, though, I think that the show ran the risk of making viewers dislike Cameron, because of all the favoritism. He wasn't a huge talent. He was okay, but not nearly a standout, IMO.

I can't believe that the majority of fans would think the way they treated him was fair and it would backfair with many viewers disliking him, because of it.

I've really had major issues with the judging, but last night it seemed fair. I think Damien and Cameron in the bottom 2 was the right decision. But, that whole thing of begging Cameron to stay was disturbing.
    Katydyd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrimble View Post
    Well I think it's safe to say after tonight's show that we know who Ryan was referring to when he said someone left too early.
    No, I still think he was referring to Marissa. I mean yes, I'm sure he felt Cameron left too early (seems pretty clear he had him picked to go all the way!), but I think the remark was made with respect to someone he, Ryan, let go. He made the comment he realized he made a mistake lettting this person go too early after reviewing that person's whole body of work. Had it been up to him, Cameron wouldn't have gone anywhere.
    Desiderata

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I've really had major issues with the judging, but last night it seemed fair. I think Damien and Cameron in the bottom 2 was the right decision. But, that whole thing of begging Cameron to stay was disturbing.
    I agree. It felt a little awkward watching that. I wonder if the other contestants knew, and if so, how that made them feel. I would think it might be a bit discouraging. Then again, if they are truly tenacious, maybe it would only make them try harder
    Desiderata

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast