+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ellis - Contender

Ellis - Contender

Hometown: Grayslake, IL
    Ellis has been performing in amateur shows for four years. Always the outcast in high school, Ellis used her vocal talents and musical theater to find friends and express herself.

Re: Ellis - Contender

Don't know how Ellis got left out when I was doing all the contestant threads. Anyway, here she is
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Yay! Thanks for adding her. Pretty much my favorite contender. Love her spunk.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Her youth would give her an immediate "role" to play....the brilliant middle school kid who skipped so many grades, she is in high school and much younger than her peers. Too bad that she went overboard carrying the doll/teddy bear. That wasn't needed and contributed to her bottom three selection.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Her youth would give her an immediate "role" to play....the brilliant middle school kid who skipped so many grades, she is in high school and much younger than her peers. Too bad that she went overboard carrying the doll/teddy bear. That wasn't needed and contributed to her bottom three selection.
    I totally agree with all of the above. Right now, Ellis is my favorite. As you said, she doesn't have to try to look young, she overdid it, and wound up in the bottom. I was thinking she could play a freshman, but your idea of the academically gifted grade skipper (maybe starting high school at 12 or 13 years old) is even better.

I mostly like her because of her voice -- I'm a real pushover for Broadway show tunes, and her "Hey, Big Spender" was top-notch.

I really liked Ellis. I'm sorry they sent her home.

At first I liked that show, but now they have confused me. They told Ellis to be herself and then when she was they kicked her out. I'm confused over their criteria for judging. What the judges tell the final 3 is just not true. They say they can only pick someone who they can write for. They then praise how Ellis has much to offer and how they could see her in the role, but say they have no idea who the other girl was. But, they keep the girl they get nothing from and kick Ellis out. How hypocrital. I'm done.

The show isn't for me after alll. All that praise for the pretty, know it all, fakes. Uhhhhhhh......I'm done.

Yes, I was also surprised about Ellis, my favorite after the first week. I thought for sure McKynleigh, who didn't show much personality, would be the one going. I was really disappointed, but there are very few TV shows I watch -- right now Glee (even the reruns), American Idol (but that's over now) and now the Glee Project -- so I plan to keep on watching. Regardless of who wins the competition, I find the group numbers and solo performances by contestants who are ALL talented to be very entertaining.

And then there's that "girl I love to hate", Emily...

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Yes, I was also surprised about Ellis, my favorite after the first week. I thought for sure McKynleigh, who didn't show much personality, would be the one going. I was really disappointed, but there are very few TV shows I watch -- right now Glee (even the reruns), American Idol (but that's over now) and now the Glee Project -- so I plan to keep on watching. Regardless of who wins the competition, I find the group numbers and solo performances by contestants who are ALL talented to be very entertaining.

And then there's that "girl I love to hate", Emily...
    Have you tried The Voice? I like that show.

They got rid of Ellis because of her attitude, so yes, if being herself meant whining about the work and being negative, then they did boot her for being herself. I can't fault them. Is someone is showing themselves to be an attitude problem this early on, that doesn't bode well. She can sing well, but that's not going to save anyone. They DID tell her they wanted to see her real personality. It just turns out that her real personality wasn't what they were looking for any more than the fake one they saw last week.

McKynleigh got a second chance because she hadn't already been in the bottom 3. They'd seen Ellis sing well last week and I think that's what saved her then. If McKynleigh is in the bottom 3 next week, they'll probably eliminate her too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Have you tried The Voice? I like that show.
    I'm off for the summer, and if I can find a way to catch up on the old episodes (like Hulu), I will give it a try. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread