+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6-12-2011 Show Discussion-Premiere!!

6-12-2011 Show Discussion-Premiere!!

Thoughts about tonight's show? Who has the talent and 'character' to actually be written into the show...?

Re: 6-12-2011 Show Discussion-Premiere!!

Since they chose tonight - Tony Awards night - for the premiere, I'll be watching later! I'll have to catch the show at 10....or 11....or 12!

It'll be interesting to watch the show because it's not just a case of who's the best performer, but who will be the best fit in the cast. I've seen some previews and have my favorites - Hannah, Lindsay and Bryce (but mainly just because he's pretty!) - but I'm not sure how they would fit into the Glee cast, particularly the two girls.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Since they chose tonight - Tony Awards night - for the premiere, I'll be watching later! I'll have to catch the show at 10....or 11....or 12!
    Time-Warner Cable apparently moved Oxygen to a higher tier, and now I can't get it. Very disappointing... But I found the full episode on Hulu this morning, as well as many other places, so I will still watch the show -- just one day later than everybody else. Tonight after work -- it's The Glee Project for me!

FORT Regular

I enjoyed watching the show and now have it set up on my DVR. I like that it's a competition for a spot as a character on a show instead of the public voting for their favorite singer, dancer, etc.

I can't pick a favorite yet until I get to know them a bit better, but I do have one person I really don't care for at all. Emily! I'm just not into a pretty girl who thinks flipping her hair makes her unique. I don't get it.

I'll be anxious to read what other people think of the whole project.

FORT Fogey

I really liked the show. But the big question is why is FOX not carrying it? All the show's people are there and you would think it would be a great "bridge" for Fox to carry between the seasons.

The casting director came across as such a nice person as did all the GLEE people. Sorry to see Bryce go, but my word, why would he ever take the attitude he did with the dance guy. It wasn't as if he was testing a student teacher in gym class....he knew with whom he was dealing and there was no way he would win that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Neecy44 View Post
    I enjoyed watching the show and now have it set up on my DVR. I like that it's a competition for a spot as a character on a show instead of the public voting for their favorite singer, dancer, etc.

I can't pick a favorite yet until I get to know them a bit better, but I do have one person I really don't care for at all. Emily! I'm just not into a pretty girl who thinks flipping her hair makes her unique. I don't get it.

I'll be anxious to read what other people think of the whole project.
    Well, she's young. When you're young, you think everything you do is terribly clever and different. I found her grating too.

So, yeah, can I pick 'em or can I pick 'em? Bryce is out first! Really, I just thought he was cute.

I thought Cameron showed a lot of promise - he has a good voice and would fit into the Glee cast. The problem with some of the contestants is that the niche they would fill is already taken on the show.

As much as I like Darren Criss, I thought most of his advice was pretty cliched. I'll be curious to see which Glee cast members show up on future episodes. I'll be totally shocked if Lea Michele makes an appearance.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I really enjoyed the format of the show, and like fact we will be "entertained" as well as really get to know the contestants. I also find it refereshing we really are watching an actual audition as opposed to a "competition." Blake wasn't let go because of his lack of talent, but rather his attitude...they really considered whether people would want to work with him on a day to day basis. And don't worry Critical, clearly you aren't alone...Bryce thought he was pretty darn good looking himself How different is that from your typical reality show? Most of these shows that cocky attitude would have taken him pretty far just so we could have the requisite reality "villain." It is interesting to try and consider where people would "fit" into the cast. I really like Damian's voice when he's singing in the old "Sinatra/Martin" genre, but I don't really think there's a place for him in the cast necessarily. The one person I could see instantly, was the young man with Down's Syndrome in the audition's show who thought he'd make a great boyfriend for Becky. I think that would make a really cute side story
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I agree. The format is refreshing. What stood out to me, was the positive critique that the Glee staff gave each contestant. Be who you are and let us see if we can write about you.

I just love the show, which is odd, because I don't watch Glee. I'm not sure which ones would fit into the show, but I just enjoy watching this kids. My least favorite was the girl tryin to act sexy and flipping her hair. Uggghhh. Why was she praised for that? LOL

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I got a kick out of the show. Ryan Murphy's appearance at the end was cool - I loved hearing his thoughts on the bottom three. That said, I was ready for Ellis to go home. I just can't see her on the show and playing up the fact that you look like a 10-year-old doesn't cut it for me. Naturally, she was my 8-year-old DD's favorite contestant. Hoochie mama Emily can go too - if her character came to Glee, I'd tune out. And the "classically trained Soprano" - she can go too. They've already got an actress with a big head (Lea) - I wouldn't like to see another one...

All that said, I really liked the nerd who couldn't dance (can't remember his name yet) and Mattheus (sp?). I was so impressed with their singing and could see them fitting in, though Mattheus reminds me a bit of Artie with his range.

I look forward to seeing what happens next. I wonder if my first impressions will change at all during the duration of the show.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast