+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marissa - Contender

Marissa - Contender

Hometown: New York, NY
    Marissa has been performing in commercials and shows on both an amateur and professional level for over 12 years. She is a native New Yorker with a colorful bohemian style. She is an artist in every sense of the word: skilled in singing, acting, dancing, drawing and design. Marissa was one of the 34,000 people to submit an audition video for "The Glee Project" via MySpace.

Re: Marissa - Contender

I thought she had a lovely voice and confident in her own skin without being off-puttingly arrogant
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I really, really liked Marissa in this last "Mad World" episode and thought she stood out (singing and music video). I could totally see her being the opposite of Rachel - a girl who's good but who isn't arrogant and who draws people to her, maybe even defend her if they're guys. That "innocence" could make the other girls hate her b/c it'd be the opposite of all of them...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

She's really come on strong the last few weeks. Makes me wonder if they were hiding her before or if she really just upped her game.

Here's my prediction for the role she could play if she were chosen and if, indeed, the new person plays Sue's nemesis. I see Marissa as the aggressive reporter from the school paper who does an expose of some sort on Sue. Don't you think she'd be good in that role?

And I just have to say that she and Samuel were hot, hot, hot in that video!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I was so shocked when Marissa didn't get called back. Really thought she might win - she seemed to have great all-around talent, confidence and a unique look that would've really worked with the cast! Bye Marissa!

+ Reply to Thread