+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The Glass House - 8/20 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: The Glass House - 8/20 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I agree about the cougar part, but not the homophobic vote. It's like saying Jeffrey should have won solely because he was gay then. There are many facets to people besides their sexual orientation. I liked Jeffery at the start, but all the crying and whining he did made me sour on him. My like or dislike of him had zero to do with his sexual orientation. He just became annoying over the weeks (to me anyway). I believe Kevin won because he was the most level headed of the bunch and handled himself really well, and he managed to keep himself out of the drama for the most part.
    You make a very good point and I agree.
    mesachick likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I don't understand why I can't dislike the "gay guy," without being seen as a homophobe. Maybe I looked on him as just "Jeffrey" and maybe I didn't enjoy his "woe is me" attitude or his drama and need to be the center of attention. I also was grossed out by him picking his nose and throwing it on the kitchen floor which was shown in a bonus clip. Rude! If he was someone I felt should win, his sexual orientation wouldn't enter in to my opinion. I just didn't like him.

Sadly, I just found him gross, manipulative and annoying - and not because he is gay. It seems the voters felt the same way. As for him playing the best game, he must not have because he didn't win. End of story.
    You can dislike the gay guy without being homophobic! I didn't like him either! I was referring to the gay rights conversation in the first week. It stuck with me, that is all.

Perhaps not everyone has the same idea of what makes the best player. Or, perhaps only those below a certain age should be permitted to vote.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

There seem to be a flaw in the execution of the show. No matter what you do is up to the viewers to decide who wins and I bet by the second week we knew Kevin was a shoo-in to win.
    I stopped watching because I knew no matter what (Kevin was playing pretty cool and with his emotions in check most of the time ) the outcome was going to be the same. They could have send him to limbo every week and he would have come back probably.
    march likes this.

I liked Kevin winning. Thought he did a pretty good job keeping it "game". I liked Erica's honesty most of the time but found her too emotional in the game.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I didn't mean to offend anybody on here, and if I did I'm sorry. But my point was that it's tiring how there doesn't seem to be any winner diversity on these shows. For example, AI and AGT winners are almost always the same now, if you see where I'm coming from. As a result it's often predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I didn't mean to offend anybody on here, and if I did I'm sorry. But my point was that it's tiring how there doesn't seem to be any winner diversity on these shows. For example, AI and AGT winners are almost always the same now, if you see where I'm coming from. As a result it's often predictable.
    No offense by me. I, too don't like the similar winners. I just wanted to speak up for us oldies. ;-) I also hate how now they have been on for so many years that everyone is acting and they cast for type and people seem to play roles to get camera time. And how can I get on another show so I can be famous???? sigh
    march likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    No offense taken by me. I agree that there seems to be formula winners. I have a hunch younger people are the largest voting block on most of these shows. Older women who date younger men must be a very small voting faction! I see cougars as mostly celebrities and the very rich and I don't think there are as many out there as the media would like us to think.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    No offense taken by me. I agree that there seems to be formula winners. I have a hunch younger people are the largest voting block on most of these shows. Older women who date younger men must be a very small voting faction! I see cougars as mostly celebrities and the very rich and I don't think there are as many out there as the media would like us to think.
    Actually I refer to the demographic as "couch cougars" -- ladies who would date a younger man if they had the opportunity, but settle for admiring & voting for them on TV instead.

I just don't like every reality show on TV turning into The Bachelor.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Actually I refer to the demographic as "couch cougars" -- ladies who would date a younger man if they had the opportunity, but settle for admiring & voting for them on TV instead.

I just don't like every reality show on TV turning into The Bachelor.
    Okay, I am now sure the English language is going to pot. It is a clear sign when a newly coined phrase can even change in definition before it's passe. Well, at least Mike didn't win. There may be an upside to this.
    JohnnyK likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast