+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The Glass House - 8/20 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: The Glass House - 8/20 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I don't think this will get a second season, and apparently CBS doesn't think so either because they pulled the suit save putting the old "BB" crew people who worked on this in arbitration. On that - I'm just going to say that if they try this I hope that the UK's version of "BB" goes and sues CBS for claiming that "BB" was THEIR idea.

As far as Kevin winning - yeah, I agree he was a jerk, but he was at least honest enough that he also was playing a game. For that reason, I was going to be OK with any of the final three winning.
    Endit likes this.

FORT Fogey

I was pleased that Kevin won. I thought he had the most pleasant personality. I thought Joy was going to take over the show, and that Kevin had been voted out, so I missed a couple of episodes. At least Erica didn't win! It must have been stressful for Kevin to present himself to the viewing audience while living in the house with someone who was obsessed with him.

I am glad that Kevin won too. He handled the Erica situation pretty well. As far as I can tell their only dalliance was that one drunken night, and that was just a kiss. Erica was pretty looney, although sweet.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I'm pretty happy that Kevin won, as well. I also liked Andrea and she would've ben my first choice but it's all good. I liked that she told her kids, "It's okay. Don't be sad. Let's congratulate Kevin."
    Erica was endearing in some ways and I think many ways she's really smart. However, can the girl not get a clue? The whole pursuit of Kevin got to be so old and it did seem that she was prone to get drunk and losing it. Not attractive and not someone I would've ben happy to see win - and I actually thought she had. Many spoilers had her as the winner with a few saying Andrea. None (that I saw) said Kevin, so that was a total surprise to me.
    Watching the live feds made it such a different show for me (I caught up on many that I'd missed) that I wish there was some way they could bring it back next year and incorporate more footage. Maybe two shows a week?
    march likes this.

FORT Fogey

Cougars have nothing to do with this show. The definition is middle aged women taking on younger lovers. Where does that fit here? Kevin didn't win from women voting; he got the homophobic vote. That is how I see it, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'm just going to say that if they try this I hope that the UK's version of "BB" goes and sues CBS for claiming that "BB" was THEIR idea.
    BB Franchise makes a lot of money off of BB, both US & UK. The franchise gets paid no matter what the rule changes are. The UK has no claim originally because the show was first done in the Netherlands, then in Poland before the UK. The owners of the franchise are the development group "Veronica" in Amsterdam.

...yeah I'm a walkin' thesaurus with google handy!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Cougars have nothing to do with this show. The definition is middle aged women taking on younger lovers. Where does that fit here? Kevin didn't win from women voting; he got the homophobic vote. That is how I see it, anyway.
    I agree about the cougar part, but not the homophobic vote. It's like saying Jeffrey should have won solely because he was gay then. There are many facets to people besides their sexual orientation. I liked Jeffery at the start, but all the crying and whining he did made me sour on him. My like or dislike of him had zero to do with his sexual orientation. He just became annoying over the weeks (to me anyway). I believe Kevin won because he was the most level headed of the bunch and handled himself really well, and he managed to keep himself out of the drama for the most part.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    BB Franchise makes a lot of money off of BB, both US & UK. The franchise gets paid no matter what the rule changes are. The UK has no claim originally because the show was first done in the Netherlands, then in Poland before the UK. The owners of the franchise are the development group "Veronica" in Amsterdam.

...yeah I'm a walkin' thesaurus with google handy!
    You're right - but the point is still the same: CBS wasn't the originator, but they sure act like they are when they are trying to sue ABC's version.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I don't understand why I can't dislike the "gay guy," without being seen as a homophobe. Maybe I looked on him as just "Jeffrey" and maybe I didn't enjoy his "woe is me" attitude or his drama and need to be the center of attention. I also was grossed out by him picking his nose and throwing it on the kitchen floor which was shown in a bonus clip. Rude! If he was someone I felt should win, his sexual orientation wouldn't enter in to my opinion. I just didn't like him.

Sadly, I just found him gross, manipulative and annoying - and not because he is gay. It seems the voters felt the same way. As for him playing the best game, he must not have because he didn't win. End of story.

Do they have numbers as to the AGE of the people who are voting for the "hot" guy? Or is it just an assumption that older women are drooling and voting? I guess being a middle aged woman I always assume it is the young teenyboppers who are voting for the young "hot" people. Texting their hearts out and voting on multiple lines for their peeps or crushes. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast