+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 7/23 Show & Overnight Live Stream Discussion (10PM-3AM ET) **Spoilers**

Re: 7/23 Show & Overnight Live Stream Discussion (10PM-3AM ET) **Spoilers**

I voted for Mike. Not that I like Mike but I do like Kevin & Andrea and I dislike Jeffrey more than Mike.

I don't like Jeffrey's cockiness that he believes the viewers want to see their "five" at the end? Hello Jeffrey, America just voted Stephanie the lowest vote getter! I for one do not want to see them in the final five so I want him out now. As far as game moves I think of this an equivalent to Lawon last year.

Stephanie is weird but in a boring way so I want her out. Gene has no personality whatsoever, he tries but it falls very flat, he's very boring, I want him to go asap. Erika, I liked her awhile back but now she's drinking too much and acting all crazy. Joy is cute and funny and dramatic so I kind of like her but she is acting very righteous. I think she believes the 5 of them are morally better than the rest and therefore the viewers will vote for them.

The 5 of them are the new nerd herd.

FORT Regular

I like the idea that Erica and her crew are the new Nerd Herd. I voted for Jeff to go. I also have been voting for Kevin, Andrea, and Mike to stay in each week. However, from the viewers' opinions, I would say that Erica and her group are the Sovs, and Andrea's group is the Nerd Herd.

I don't like how CBS purposefully showed a political issue to make the cons. side look bad. It bugged me and was so transparent, like one of those stupid shows where a person says "I hate Republicans" or some such pointless BS.

I think Glass House will be much more exciting if Jeff goes. You will see the five come totally unglued and cray-cray. Hopefully, Joy follows suit. She's such a (I won't say it). Gene is annoying as heck, too now. Gene and Jeffrey started out as two of my favorite players. Kevin and Andrea could make it far.
    holly71, RealVoyeur, mom2 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    I voted for Mike. Not that I like Mike but I do like Kevin & Andrea and I dislike Jeffrey more than Mike.

I don't like Jeffrey's cockiness that he believes the viewers want to see their "five" at the end? Hello Jeffrey, America just voted Stephanie the lowest vote getter! I for one do not want to see them in the final five so I want him out now. As far as game moves I think of this an equivalent to Lawon last year.

Stephanie is weird but in a boring way so I want her out. Gene has no personality whatsoever, he tries but it falls very flat, he's very boring, I want him to go asap. Erika, I liked her awhile back but now she's drinking too much and acting all crazy. Joy is cute and funny and dramatic so I kind of like her but she is acting very righteous. I think she believes the 5 of them are morally better than the rest and therefore the viewers will vote for them.

The 5 of them are the new nerd herd.
    I agree with most of what you said. It's funny that you compared them to the nerd herd because that's exactly what I thought of last night while watching because one of them (can't remember who) made a comment along the lines that they're better than the other group in the house because they're friends. I wanted to puke!
    RealVoyeur likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieF View Post
    I like the idea that Erica and her crew are the new Nerd Herd. I voted for Jeff to go. I also have been voting for Kevin, Andrea, and Mike to stay in each week. However, from the viewers' opinions, I would say that Erica and her group are the Sovs, and Andrea's group is the Nerd Herd.

I don't like how CBS purposefully showed a political issue to make the cons. side look bad. It bugged me and was so transparent, like one of those stupid shows where a person says "I hate Republicans" or some such pointless BS.

I think Glass House will be much more exciting if Jeff goes. You will see the five come totally unglued and cray-cray. Hopefully, Joy follows suit. She's such a (I won't say it). Gene is annoying as heck, too now. Gene and Jeffrey started out as two of my favorite players. Kevin and Andrea could make it far.
    I can't stand Joy! Holly was my least favorite, with Joy running a close second. I'm pretty sure I know the word that you won't say, & she is!! She (and that whole nerd herd 2.0) need to quit acting so self righteous.
    And I totally agree about the political issue & how it was used on the show. Andrea is just as entitled to her opinion, & to exercise her right to vote just as much as anyone else. Sorry if Jeffery didn't like which side of the issue she was on, but that's her right, just as he has a right to his opinion & his right to vote as he sees fit. She never attacked him personally, but he did take it to a personal level.
    RealVoyeur and mom2 like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I don't think of Erica-Joy-Jeffrey-Steph-and-sometimes-Gene as a self-righteous Nerd Herd. Jeffrey did go overboard that one time when he was up against Andrea and tried to make the vote political, but he realized that was going to far and he apologized for it. Trouble is, Mike and Andrea still continue to put their feet in their mouths, and Kevin keeps defending them.

Kevin actually did himself a big favor last night when he was having fun with Erica and distancing himself from Mike and Andrea. He probably bought himself a ticket to the final 3 or 4 with Gene and Erica. I don't think Jeffrey will make it that far, but I think (hope) that he'll be returning this week instead of Mike.
    Katydyd and JavaJo like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Regular

I feel that CBS used the political issue as a pivot. It became Erica-Joy-Gene-Jeff-Stephanie enlightened, good, Democratic, liberal, tolerant, and the other side as... not. It screwed up the whole game. Now the viewing audience is going to be stuck with a few players who are not liked but part of the Herd. ex: Joy

What I find stupid is that once you lose one member and get in the minority in this game, you're pretty much screwed with almost no way ever to keep your team safe. The minute Robyn left, the Andrea team was done. The game basically ends early on, which makes it worse than Big Brother.

I guess the only exception to that will be when Andrea or Kevin beat Joy and Stephanie in limbo, which is still possible, and I hope it happens.
    holly71 likes this.

I think that dynamic was created more by the players than by the show or the live feeds. ABC may have learned a lesson the hard way about asking so many questions about politics & hot-button issues so early in the season, when they encourage the players to give long-winded answers to anything they are asked. As for the network trying to make it a more Dem than GOP message, I call BS. The primary issue that divided the house and viewers was gay marriage: it's not ABC's fault if public opinion has started to come around to it.

The polar divide in the house already seems to be breaking up now that Mike is gone. People are hanging out more in general instead of in packs. Kevin and Erica are hilarious together! Also, Stephanie and others from that group aren't always scoring so well in viewer votes. It's more of a horse race again.

I'm still not that fond of Andrea though -- not because of her beliefs, but because she is still isolated, seemingly by choice. I never feel any warmth or compassion in her answers and dealings. She's always left me a little cold. I really feel for her when I hear he repeat again and again how much she adores Jeffrey before she gives an opinion about anything, but it comes across to me as damage control as much as sincerity.

She may not have a good shot at the finals, but I'd bet Kevin does. Anyway, the real person to beat is Gene, who has managed to keep himself above the "us vs. them" wars in the house. I bet it will be hard for anyone to beat him in a final vote.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123