• 1 Post By JavaJo

Thread: Mike - Season 1

Mike - Season 1

Mike
    Season 1 Contestant

Hometown: Pembroke, MA
    Special Talent: Double-jointed fingers
    Number of Facebook Friends: ~100
    Motto: Always remember I'm unique, just like everyone else.

How do you squeeze 48 years into 500 words? Get to the point quickly! That's what you can expect from me. That's a Northeast attitude, we don't beat around the bush. Let me explain, I come from a long line of Irish "geniuses" raised in Boston dating back to 1840. I'm not kidding, very important...Civil War Officers, Doctors, Professors and Business leaders, then there's me...a Bar-Mitzvah DJ! (What happened? I'll get to that in a moment).

From my Great, Great Grandfather to my father, all of my ancestors shared the same philosophy. The key to their success was a simple formula....HARD WORK, look people in the eye, your word is your bond, discipline, and never ever forget where you came from. My father stressed these values to me growing up. I thought I knew better and rebelled against his advice. I decided life was too short to work hard, so I wanted to have fun! Sometimes too much fun (no convictions). I was the prince of high school parties and graduated to King of Campus in College where I created so much fun they asked me to leave.

So what does an undisciplined know-it-all ask himself after the shame of flunking out?... How can I get PAID to party and have fun? The idea came to me -- start a DJ business (That's how you make lemonade from potatoes, kids.) I was the worst DJ for 2 years. Discouraged, beat down and losing clients, it appeared the party train was running off the rails. My dad offered advice again, but this time I was ready to listen. He said "if this is what you love doing... then be the best at it.Ē I knew entertaining people was what I loved, so I buckled down, worked hard and figured out how to get to the top. After 30 years I stand on top of Mitzvah Mountain. I have done this successfully for over 2000 families all over Boston.

With the clarity of my dadís advice, I wanted to push myself even further. For the last 15 years I've taken on many difficult challenges and have come out of every situation grateful for the experience. These challenges tested my intestinal fortitude in ways ranging from physical extremes to mental endurances. I learned discipline, self control and focus. Life was getting good; beautiful family, successful business and pursuing unique endeavors. I enter this competition for two reasons; win money for my children's education and look at myself in the mirror and be proud of my children's father!

Watch Mike's videos - ABC.com

Re: Mike - Season 1

He comes from a long line of geniuses ... Nuff Said.
    J.D. likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

He sounds interesting to me. I hope he doesn't disappoint.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

He seems cocky and condescending.

He's 48?? Does he look a lot older than that to anyone else? I'm 47 and let me tell you, I look like a baby compared to this dude!

I have to say, I expected to dislike this guy, but I don't! I think he's funny and his little PI's about the dumb guy and Alex were hilarious! He also tried to step in and help the playboy chick when Alex was giving her grief. I liked that he did that.
    mom2 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Newbie

What else besides DJ'ing does Mike do?

Mike looks very familiar and it is bugging me and a few friends. Is he in commercials or on TV other than Glass House in the Boston area?

+ Reply to Thread