+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Glass House (ABC, premieres June 18) - News & Speculation

Lightbulb Re: Glass House (ABC, premieres June 18) - News & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Sounds like an interesting concept, and yes BB does need a kick in the pants.

Do these networks never want people to leave their houses? People in houses watching people on TV/internet who are cooped up in a house? LOL

The madness has got to stop!
    Plus- people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, at people in houses watching them!

LOL
    mom2 and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Re: Week 1 - Live Stream/View & Vote Discussion (Tues-Wed-Thurs 3-4PM ET)

I am a BB fanatic and always have the live feeds for that. I set my DVR to record this show, but is this thing with the live feeds being in the afternoon a permanent thing and the only way that you can vote on anything? I did not even know about signing up before time for these feeds until reading this just now. Just thought it was a show that we would view and phone or text in. Anyone else a BB fan and what are your thoughts about this show? Is it something you would still enjoy if you did not have the feeds? Any information would be appreciated from those that have already started.

Re: Glass House (ABC, premieres June 18) - News & Speculation

For me, Jacee, it's too soon to tell. I've only been able to catch about 10 minutes of the feeds due to technical difficulty (not being able tolog in for some reason) and the show doesn't air until Monday...so the jury is still out for me. I'll get back to ya though!

I am a huge BB fan and get the live feeds, too.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'd so much rather continue watching Castle reruns. Nothing can induce me to watch Big Brother and I suspect the same will be true for this one.

However, I do think the CBS lawsuit is ridiculous; apparently the judge seems to feel the same. They had no problem coming up with their own version of BBC's Sherlock and all the singing competition shows are virtually the same. Those are only two examples; there are many more.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

OMG I hate BB. The cast members are so brainless and uninteresting-- and the whole demeaning the houseguests thing really turns my stomach. Not to mention how obviously the producers manipulate the outcome. I stopped watching ages ago. I give it a try every year just in case-- and after a day or two can't take it at all.

I hope this show explores some of the potentially fascinating terrain that BB completely ignored.

Although I'm a little iffy on viewer voting. Id rather have some more complex house voting system-- but maybe it's too hard to evolve one that doesn't allow the whole cast simply to stick together, and where alliances aren't based mostly on macho narcissism and self-preservation of the weakest.
    cablejockey and Florimel like this.

The live streaming was not what I expected..too
    staged and boring really.
    The voice sounds like Brooke from DWTS and it takes way to long for responses ..but I will watch the show on Mondays
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

Reality Blurred's Andy Dehnart talked with the Exec Producer of Glass House, and posted some highlights from the interview. A longer interview and house tour will be published later, but what he shared now is already an interesting read:

Glass House producer on ratings, live feeds, vote totals, Big Brother lawsuit, more + reality blurred
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Very interesting. I do agree that the feeds need to be on at a different time. Your only choices are while most people are still at work or late at night. I think they should be on in the morning and the evening, to accomodate everyone, maybe.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

I didnt read the article, but my question is... why limit the feeds. If you have the cameras ... why not just stream the video 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    I didnt read the article, but my question is... why limit the feeds. If you have the cameras ... why not just stream the video 24/7.
    They aren't in the house 24/7. They send them to a hotel for 52 hours over the weekend. There is no natural sunlight on the compound...it's all inside a studio, so they send them to sequester. It said they are in their room for 22 hours per day and for the other two, they get to take walks and enjoy the sunshine, if I'm remembering that correctly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast