+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Glass House (ABC, premieres June 18) - News & Speculation

FORT Fogey

Re: Glass House (ABC, premieres June 18)

I am looking forward to the Glass House - gave up on BB a few years ago when it was simply gimmicks (twins, ex-partners, etc.)... where are the real people in BB? Much more viewer interaction - and I hope they mean it - every week? I'd love a viewer vote in the boot, to keep them guessing, and prevent the pack mentality about us loving them when we hate them! Giving them tasks better not be lame - we want to keep them guessing whether what is happening is the viewers or the people's plans/strategy!

Re: Glass House (ABC, premieres June 18)

I'm going to give it a chance. I've been with BB since the beginning and I'm not going to bail on it now, but I'm curious about GH and how it's going to work. I think the glass walls is an interesting concept because it will make it much harder to backstab people if they can see you plotting it...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Re: Glass House (ABC, premieres June 18) - News & Speculation

I'm gonna give it a shot. I love BB - so if this is similar enough that CBS wants to sue....stands to reason I should love (or at least kinda like ) this one too!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Sorry for the double post, but I hit this thread before reading all the bios. This looks like a really interesting group of contestants, and with a few exceptions, not necessarily your average bunch of reality show who- .....well, you know. I'm actually looking a bit more forward to this now than I was when I first popped into this forum Thanks for posting MFW!!
    cablejockey likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I don't like that its obvious they stole the concept from BB.....for some reason that just irks me, since I'm a loyal BB fan. I took a look at the ABC website and it just looks kinda phony or something. I will watch the first episode out of curiousity and go from there. But I will not be giving up on BB!

They should have started the show in April or something. That way BB viewers wouldn't have to choose between the two.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I'm giving this one a chance, and I'm also not giving up BB. Now to make sure I keep them straight ...
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Personally, I'm ticked off at how stale BB has become, so I'm happy for the competition. It won't make BB go away, but maybe it will cause Alison Grodner to finally freshen up the show. The edited BB TV shows have gone bad -- they are incredible repetitive, and half the time they don't accurately reflect what went on.

Honestly, I don't have high hopes for Glass House, but I like this development.
    waywyrd, mom2, M_shelll and 1 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I love that most of the people in the house are in their late 20's and older.
    Katydyd and JohnnyK like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'll probably give it a shot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls View Post
    I don't like that its obvious they stole the concept from BB.....for some reason that just irks me, since I'm a loyal BB fan. I took a look at the ABC website and it just looks kinda phony or something. I will watch the first episode out of curiousity and go from there. But I will not be giving up on BB!

They should have started the show in April or something. That way BB viewers wouldn't have to choose between the two.
    If it stole BB, it's closer to the ORIGINAL British version (also done here in season 1). From the sound of things it's not like BB's current run.

And maybe people are so irritated with the way that they've currently done the past few seasons of "BB" (the season before and the ones after the season Remy was on), I'm not surprised ABC is trying to take advantage here of doing it at the same time. We've all admitted that BB needed a kick in the pants so to speak to stop some of the nonsense they've been doing - so maybe this is the answer. (I kinda feel it is - especially if they're suing for "infringement" - though again technically the only group who'd have that right is the original UK version - and they could end up suing CBS.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast