+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pikachu

Thread: Reality show skills test

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Reality show skills test

Just for fun, I designed a skills test with questions for specific reality shows to see which ones you might be best suited to apply for. I thought this would be a fun way to find out more about each other. It's a long quiz so you might want to do only parts of it, or answer questions for one part, then come back another time and do questions for another part.

Amazing Race
    Do you know how to drive a vehicle with manual/standard transmission (a stick shift)?
    How good are you at reading maps?
    Do you know a lot about geography?
    Do you have a good knowledge of other cultures?
    Do you speak more than one language?
    How much experience do you have traveling, both within your country and abroad?
    Do you know how to figure currency exchange rates and where to go to get currency changed?
    Do you have a passport?
    Who would you pick for a teammate? Would you pick someone who matches your skills so that you would get along well or get someone who fills in for what you lack but that might clash with you personality-wise?
    Are you good at following directions?
    Do unexpected setbacks get you in a rage or make you anxious, or are you able to keep your cool?
    Which country would you most like to visit during a challenge?

Design Star
    How are you at building or fixing things?
    Do you have experience using power tools?
    Do you have friends ask you for advice on interior design?
    What is your favorite design style (contemporary, rustic, arts and crafts, etc)?
    Can you read or draw a blueprint and make accurate measurements?
    Are you good at organizing things, including building structures to organize things if necessary?

American Idol
    Do you play any musical instruments?
    Have you taken voice lessons or sung in a chorus?
    Have you ever written melodies?
    Have you ever written lyrics?
    Can you read sheet music?
    Are you able to remember lyrics?
    Are you in a band?
    Have you performed on a stage or in front of an audience of more than 50 people?
    Do you have any studio experience (mixing songs, etc)?

The Apprentice
    Are you good at persuading people to see things your way or do what you want?
    Are you good at arguing a position while keeping a level head?
    Are you a team player (able to focus on what’s good for the group instead of just looking out for yourself)?
    Are you good at determining people’s skills and assigning the right person to the right task?
    How are you at fundraising?
    Do you have experience at selling things or raising money for a cause?
    Are you capable of setting a realistic budget for a project and completing it without going over your budget?
    Are you able to think outside the box and find a creative solution to a problem quickly?

The Bachelor/Bachelorette
    Do you have a job?
    Do you have $199?
    Do you want a new spouse?

Big Brother
    Is entering a showmance a possibility for you to get further in the game?
    Are you good at starting rumors to discredit someone else?
    Are you willing and able to kiss hienie well enough to save your own hienie?
    How well would you do at HOH contests?
    Would it bother you to be on slop or in the have not room for extended periods of time?
    Would you be ok with having cameras on you 24/7?
    Would America love you for being a sweetheart or root you on for your villainous ways?
    How observant are you in keeping track of who said what, which order people left the house, and noticing when things in the house change?
    In your opinion, is it better to be a hard gameplayer or a floater?

Fear Factor
    Can you swim? How long can you hold your breath?
    Are you afraid of heights?
    Are you afraid of the dark?
    Does the sight of blood make you squeamish?
    How is your gag reflex? Do you get sick easily when you’re in motion or when you see something gross?
    How athletic are you?
    Are you quick at accomplishing tasks?
    Are you able to eat a large quantity of food in a short time?
    Can you eat something that looks/smells/tastes gross?
    Are you freaked out by snakes/rats/insects being in contact with you?
    Does the possibility of danger make you intimidated or excited?
    Can you trash-talk like a pro? Are you able to ignore it when someone else is trash-talking you?
    Do you have any tattoos or an unusual hairstyle/hair color?

Hell’s Kitchen
    Have you ever worked in a professional kitchen?
    Do you have any serving experience?
    Have you gone to culinary school?
    Can you fillet a fish?
    Do you know how to make risotto and beef wellington?
    Can you fry scallops and quail eggs properly?
    Would you be able to guess what a food is by eating it while blindfolded?
    Can you taste a dish and recognize the ingredients in it?
    Do you keep the work station in your kitchen reasonably clean and orderly?
    Could you take the pressure of preparing meals for a whole restaurant in a timely manner with Chef Ramsey there to yell at you the minute you mess up?

Hoarders
    If someone were to exclaim OMG when seeing inside your home for the first time, would it be more likely because they’re impressed by what they see or appalled?
    Is there anything in your refrigerator that is more than 6 months past its expiration date?
    Is there a noticeable insect or rodent infestation in your home?
    How many fly strips to do you have in your house?
    Do you have trash bags in your house that haven’t found their way to the curb?
    Do you have trash in the house that hasn’t found its way into a trash bag?
    Would you say your house is more disorganized (more stuff than room to store it) or filthy (stuff that should be thrown away is kept)?
    How often do you clean (daily, weekly, monthly, as needed/practically never)?
    Are there rooms in your house you haven’t been in for longer than 6 months because they’re too cluttered to enter?
    Do you have any major appliances (refrigerators, toilets, etc) that haven’t worked in over 6 months?
    If a friend or family member unexpectedly showed up, would you be ashamed to let them into your house because of the mess?
    Do you collect things?
    Do you go to garage/yard sales/flea markets/discount stores on a weekly or even daily basis?
    Do you see value in things that other people don’t?
    Are you a shopoholic? Can you go to a store to look around without always having to buy something?
    Do you have a hard time parting with things that have sentimental value, even when they’re no longer in good shape or useful to you?
    Do you have stuff piled in your house higher than your head?
    When you walk through your house, do you have to step over things or follow a tunneled out path?
    Are there any doors permanently left open because they’re blocked by stuff?
    Have you lost track of the number of feral pets in your home and do they sometimes mysteriously go missing?

The Next Food Network Star
    Are you familiar with the differences in the main types of cooking (boiling, roasting, broasting, etc)?
    Do you know what the mother sauces are?
    Do you use correct cooking terminology ?
    Are you good at creating, modifying, or duplicating recipes?
    Are you good at teaching someone else how to prepare a dish?
    Can you multitask (prep vegetables, have a sauté pan going, keep an eye on something in the oven, set the table, and explain what you’re doing at the same time)?
    Do you have a unique personality or point of view about food that would make people tune into your show?
    Do you like to host dinner parties for your friends and relatives?

Project Runway
    How would you rate your sewing skills (beginner, intermediate, advanced)?
    Do you have experience using a pattern to create an outfit?
    Do you hand stitch, use a sewing machine, or both?
    Would your friends say you’re a trendsetter?
    How good are you at meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment?
    Do you keep up with fashion trends by reading trade magazines or attending runway shows?
    Do you have a good knowledge of past and present fashion designers and current models or celebrities?

So You Think You Can Dance
    Have you taken dance lessons?
    Which types of dance are you best at?
    Are you physically fit?
    Can you follow choreography?
    Have you ever choreographed a dance routine?
    Are you a fast learner?
    Are you rhythmically adept or rhythmically challenged?
    Can you express an emotion without saying a word?
    Who would be your favorite SYTYCD choreographer to work with?

Survivor
    Can you start a fire without matches (using a magnifier, a flint, rubbing sticks together, etc)?
    Do you have experience hunting/fishing?
    Do you know how to forage for food (determine what is edible or not)?
    How good are you at rounding up wild chickens/pigs?
    Do you make friends easily? Are you good at reading people?
    Are you good at puzzles?
    How well do you do in physical challenges?
    Is your endurance good?
    Are you prepared to lie to, backstab, and manipulate other people?
    Do you tend to be a leader or a follower?
    Do you have experience camping/roughing it?
    Can you get by without internet, television, newspapers, contact with your loved ones and modern conveniences (like fast food, indoor plumbing, etc) for weeks at a time?
    Last edited by pikachu; 07-24-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Reality show skills test

Amazing Race

Do you know how to drive a vehicle with manual/standard transmission (a stick shift)?
    No, I've only driven an automatic.

How good are you at reading maps?
    I wouldn't say I'm the best at it or the worst. I'm more inclined to think left/right while driving than east/west but I can pretty much get anywhere I need to if I have a map and know where my present location is.

Do you know a lot about geography?
    No. I was never very good at history or geography in school. I found them interesting but for some reason my brain didn't retain that type of information.

Do you have a good knowledge of other cultures?
    I have basic knowledge of most cultures. I probably wouldn't be able to identify whether a person was Chinese, Japanese, or Korean but I think I would know enought to get by and I would be respectful of people from different cultures in hopes that I could learn more about them.

Do you speak more than one language?
    I studied French in school but I'm by no means fluent. The little I know might help me a bit.

How much experience do you have traveling, both within your country and abroad?
    I've never been outside the US, except for a brief visit to Canada. I've traveled to a few states within the US, and lived in a few different states.

Do you know how to figure currency exchange rates and where to go to get currency changed?
    I don't have any experience with different currency so that's something I would have to study before going abroad.

Do you have a passport?
    No.

Who would you pick for a teammate? Would you pick someone who matches your skills so that you would get along well or get someone who fills in for what you lack but that might clash with you personality-wise?
    I would prefer to pick a teammate who complements my skills. I'm not much of a people person or very athletic so I'd like a partner who can do physical and social challenges better while I focus on strategy (picking the right challenges to do, figuring out the best way to tackle a challenge, etc).

Are you good at following directions?
    Yes and no. Overall I'd say I'm good at noticing things but I have had instances where things didn't turn out right and it ended up I skipped a step or read the instructions wrong.

Do unexpected setbacks get you in a rage or make you anxious, or are you able to keep your cool?
    Setbacks do frustrate me or get me in a panic. I have to work on staying calm when things are not going my way. I sometimes have a short temper but I get over it quickly when the crisis is over.

Which country would you most like to visit during a challenge?
    I'm not sure. I've always wanted to visit Germany, to see where cuckoo clocks are made, but I don't know if I'd like challenges based on things done in Germany.

Ha, love your questions for The Bachelor/Bachelorette!
    remember to play

Haha! I used to watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette long ago but I lost interest and couldn't think of any qualifying questions that would apply to the show now. It's all a crapshoot anyway. I no longer think the contestant on those shows are there to find true love and a soulmate. I'm convinced they're all attention whores looking for their 15 minutes of fame, and possibly a way onto other reality shows. The Bachelor/Bachelorette is the gateway reality show to more hardcore reality shows.
    coltnlasma likes this.

This would be one of the shows I'd be least qualified for. I'm afraid of everything!

Fear Factor

Can you swim? How long can you hold your breath?
    I can swim really well. My sister and I took swimming lessons in preschool and living in Florida we've spent a lot of time in the water. I might have trouble holding my breath as long as a I used to because I have asthma now.

Are you afraid of heights?
    Yes, terrified of heights!

Are you afraid of the dark?
    Not as much as I was when I was little but I still feel very uneasy in the dark.

Does the sight of blood make you squeamish?
    A little blood doesn't bother me but horror movies that are overly gruesome turn me off.

How is your gag reflex? Do you get sick easily when you’re in motion or when you see something gross?
    I get motion sickness and I do throw up easily when I see something gross. I remember going to see the movie Caveman when I was little and my mom was shocked that I didn't throw up when Atook squashed the giant bug on Lars' face because normally that kind of thing would set me off.

How athletic are you?
    Not athletic at all! Always the last to finish when we had to run in P.E., the earliest to drop when we had to do chin-ups.

Are you quick at accomplishing tasks?
    No, I'm more the slow and methodical type. I'll get the job done well and to the best of my ability but it probably won't be fast.

Are you able to eat a large quantity of food in a short time?
    Sort of, but I don't like to eat to the point of being uncomfortable.

Can you eat something that looks/smells/tastes gross?
    I don't think I would have too much problem eating something gross if I could convince myself that it takes the same amount of time to drink something that tastes nasty as it does to drink water. However, if the item I have to eat takes time to eat (like animal rectum) or makes me throw up before I can even get it in my mouth, I wouldn't be able to do it. I'd be better able to handle the gross smoothies on Survivor than the live insects and gross animal parts on Fear Factor.

Are you freaked out by snakes/rats/insects being in contact with you?
    Yes. I don't like creepy crawly things and nasty insects. Having them touch my skin makes me scream and I usually throw up too.

Does the possibility of danger make you intimidated or excited?
    I'm not an adrenaline junkie. Danger doesn't turn me on. I do everything to avoid it!

Can you trash-talk like a pro? Are you able to ignore it when someone else is trash-talking you?
    I'm not good at trash-talking others or at handling someone else trash-talking me. I would have a hard time performing a difficult challenge with people distracting me.

Do you have any tattoos or an unusual hairstyle/hair color?
    Nope!

I did this category just to be silly, not because I expect anyone at this forum to need to be on Hoarders.

Hoarders

If someone were to exclaim OMG when seeing inside your home for the first time, would it be more likely because they’re impressed by what they see or appalled?
    Probably appalled because I haven't been able to fix my place up after water damage years ago. I pulled up the carpeting, leaving cement beneath, and the drywall in both bathrooms has a shabby repair done by a neighbor who claimed to be a contractor.

Is there anything in your refrigerator that is more than 6 months past its expiration date?
    If there is, it's only something like condiments. I go through them regularly to toss out anything that looks bad or is past its expiration date. I just did that a month or two ago so I don't think I have anything expired left.

Is there a noticeable insect or rodent infestation in your home?
    Nope, thank goodness!

How many fly strips to do you have in your house?
    None.

Do you have trash bags in your house that haven’t found their way to the curb?
    Yes. I emptied a bunch of garbage bags from different rooms into one bag and didn't get it to the curb last night. I decided to wait until today after work to take it out instead of going out in the dark last night.

Do you have trash in the house that hasn’t found its way into a trash bag?
    Some days I do, usually when garbage cans are full, but not today.

Would you say your house is more disorganized (more stuff than room to store it) or filthy (stuff that should be thrown away is kept)?
    There might be some filth but most of it is boxes of books, papers, gadgets, and other doo-dads I just haven't found a space for. I need to get rid of so much stuff but I don't know where to start! When I start looking through stuff, I find more stuff to keep than get rid of.

How often do you clean (daily, weekly, monthly, as needed/practically never)?
    I'd say as needed, which is about bi-weekly or whenever I start noticing trash cans overflowing, boxes needing to be taking out to the curb, cat litter boxes needing to be emptied, etc.

Are there rooms in your house you haven’t been in for longer than 6 months because they’re too cluttered to enter?
    Only the guest bedroom closet. I have boxes in there I haven't peeked into for more than a year. I'm trying to clean up the rest of the room first so I have room to work when I start going through the closet.

Do you have any major appliances (refrigerators, toilets, etc) that haven’t worked in over 6 months?
    No. I only had one time that the toilet in the main bedroom was out-of-order for a couple of months because I couldn't afford to hire a plumber. When I finally got it fixed, it ended up that a bottle of deodorant had accidentally fallen in the toilet and jammed it up. They removed it and it worked just fine. Wish I had known that long before then!

If a friend or family member unexpectedly showed up, would you be ashamed to let them into your house because of the mess?
    I'm not proud of my place but it's not so bad I won't let anyone in. They have room to walk, just nowhere to sit because the couch is in the guest bedroom, where it had been being used as a bed while my nephew lived with me.

Do you collect things?
    Yes. I have lots of collections (books, cd's dvd's, Pokemon cards, Medieval weapons), which adds to my problem of not having enough place to store everything.

Do you go to garage/yard sales/flea markets/discount stores on a weekly or even daily basis?
    No, I'm not much into garage sales or yard sales. And the last thing I need is to acquire more stuff!

Do you see value in things that other people don’t?
    I guess I do. It bothers me at work when people want to throw things away instead of seeing if another office can use them. I admit to "dumpster diving" at work, rifling through trash bins when I see an office is throwing a lot out. I recently rescued a whole bunch of pendaflex folders with tabs from a supervisor's trash bin. I also hold onto empty boxes from the photocopier paper we get. People in the office come to me when they're moving or need boxes for some other purpose because they know I have a bunch on hand.

Are you a shopoholic? Can you go to a store to look around without always having to buy something?
    I'm not so bad at stores but I have gone crazy with online purchases before, getting a lot of things from eBay because I got a rush from getting something new in the mail. I don't even go to eBay anymore, to avoid temptation.

Do you have a hard time parting with things that have sentimental value, even when they’re no longer in good shape or useful to you?
    Yes, because once it's gone, it's GONE. I'll never be able to replace it again. I did eventually throw out the teddy bear I had when I was little because it was in such sorry shape and taking up space for stuff I might actually use, but it was hard. The parting is the worst part of it. If you can get past that part, you usually find you can live without the item after all.

Do you have stuff piled in your house higher than your head?
    No.

When you walk through your house, do you have to step over things or follow a tunneled out path?
    When I was a teenager my room was a wreck and I had to step on things to get around. I broke so many records that way. Eventually I got tired of that and made an effort to not let it get so bad again. It's harder before you have your own house because all of your belongings are confined to one room. After I moved out of my parents' house, I had more room to spread out so I wasn't walking on my stuff anymore.

Are there any doors permanently left open because they’re blocked by stuff?
    No.

Have you lost track of the number of feral pets in your home and do they sometimes mysteriously go missing?
    Well, one cat has been missing for over a year. The last time I saw her, she was outside. I hope I don't end up having a nasty surprise one day cleaning up a spot in my condo I haven't gotten to yet.

+ Reply to Thread