+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Name of fashion reality show

FORT Newbie

Name of fashion reality show

I was trying to refer to this show for my little cousin (she is in to fashion now) and forgot the name for this reality show that was big a while back (I remember it being mentioned on NYMag's Vulture). It involves a firm in NYC that provides event staging/planning for fashion shows. the show focused a lot on the lives of the overworked interns. I think the show ran sometime during 2009 or 2010.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Name of fashion reality show

I think the show you're thinking of was Stylista.

Stylista - ELLE

Stylista - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After reading your description, I vaguely remembered watching a show like that. I think nobody liked Kate because she was throwing people under the bus left and right (being responsible for her team losing then placing the blame on someone else, sending them home).

FORT Newbie

I don't think I was referring to that one, but thanks pikachu - That show looks delicious and I will definitely recommend it. The reality show I was referring to involves a fashion company that strictly does the runway events. There were primarally the following sources of Drama

1) who to invite to the runway event and where they would sit
    2) how to make the party fabulous and showcase the designer's work as best as possible
    3) How the interns are stressed from their jobs all the time.

this was more of a lets follow this group of people akin to Million Dollar Listing rather than a competition ala Americas Next Top Model.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've been looking into it and haven't yet found a show matching that exact description. I hadn't realized before how many runway/fashion reality shows there have been! Running in Heels, Fashionista, The City, Fashion House, Fashionality...There are too many reality show to watch all of them. I've mostly followed Project Runway and Next Top Model, altough I haven't watched the last few cycles of Next Top Model. It got to be too much drama and not enough modeling.

I do remember the show you are describing. I'll try to find the name of it.

The office was in a rather dark and small NY office. The head of the thing was a very well known event planner and fashion leader, though she herself looked like she was in desperate need of fashion help. Her hair looked terrible and her clothes were like something from a goodwill bin. She looked very unkept IMO, like she had just rolled round out of bed. She was also rather nasty with her staff and the show was about how they screwed up and she had to work around the clock to teach them something about the business. I have seen the woman on other things and she seemed quite kind. I can't believe I can't recall her name.
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-06-2012 at 02:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread