+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Upcoming reality shows to look forward to!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Upcoming reality shows to look forward to!

The Next Food Network Star starts May 13.

The reality show I'm most anticipating is So You Think You Can Dance. The next season starts Thursday, May 24. After the premiere, the show will be on Wednesday as usual.

Hell's Kitchen returns Tuesday, May 29. This used to be a show I looked forward to but the last few seasons have been so packed with phony drama and bad chefs, I don't think I'll even watch this season, unless there's nothing else to watch at that timeslot.

A new season of Masterchef starts on May 29, following Hell's Kitchen. I liked it better than Hell's Kitchen so I'll probably watch it.

HGTV's Design Star begins again May 29.

Chef Ramsay also has a new show starting June 4, Hotel Hell, which is like his show Kitchen Nightmares but instead of visiting restaurants that are in trouble and need his help, he'll be visiting hotels.

That's the only ones I know of so far, except for new series which I didn't list because since I haven't seen them I don't know if I would like them. I mostly listed returning reality shows.
    Last edited by pikachu; 04-18-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    cablejockey likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Upcoming reality shows to look forward to!

I'll be watching NFNS, SYTYCD and Design Star.

So You Think You Can Dance is my favorite. I am so over AI right now. Can't wait for it to end so the dancing can begin!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Chef Ramsay also has a new show starting June 4, Hotel Hell, which is like his show Kitchen Nightmares but instead of visiting restaurants that are in trouble and need his help, he'll be visiting hotels.
    Actually, I think this will be interesting. Ramsay has had an overall success record with turning around restaurants (and a few that failed at least the individual employees who did well actually have succeeded post show - got kind of a boost from Ramsey's help).

And after seeing some hotels I've had to deal with - some with misleading advertising (long story... but I remember a place we went to 20 years ago we should've known something was wrong when the room numbers were spraypainted on the door), I would love to see Ramsey go in there and kick their butts to the walls.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I haven't watched hardly any of American Idol or The Voice. I watched the auditions but wasn't thrilled with any of the contestants so I stopped watching once the regular rounds began.

I've been seeing ads for "The White Room Challenge" hosted by David Bromstad, the first winner of Design Star. I'd like to check out that series. I like design shows in general and I like David. I looked it up and it starts April 24, next Tuesday.

I saw a show recently called Hotel Impossible and at first I thought it was Gordon's show but it was hosted by someone else. I didn't stick around and watch the other show but I will watch Gordon's. He might be kind of abrasive but I think it's just because he cares and he does have good advice to give. Tell you what, though, that would be hard going to a hotel that you know is going to suck. I usually can't wait to get out of place when it's got bugs, maintenance issues or poor staff. I guess it makes a difference when you're in a position to change things. No hotel is going to make improvements because I don't like their place but they want to leave a good impression when there's a celebrity visiting and they're going to be on tv.
    Last edited by pikachu; 04-18-2012 at 04:07 PM.

I'm looking forward to ABC's Duets Kelly Clarkson, Lionel Richie, Robin Thicke and Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles, starts May 24th.

"Duets" is a one of a kind singing competition that takes the Superstars out from the judge's panel and onto the stage. Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie, and Robin Thicke will individually set out on a journey across America looking for undiscovered talent worthy to be their protégés. Ultimately, each Superstar will choose two singers to be their duet partners. Together, the Superstar and their protégé will take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, only one duet will be at the top of the charts and the winning amateur will receive a recording contract with Hollywood Records. Television personality Quddus, best known from his days as the host of MTV's "Total Request Live," will host the series.
    Source: ABC.com - Duets - Home

The CW has one coming up May 31st called Breaking Pointe. I think I will check it out. It is the behind the scenes look at the Salt Lake City ballet company called Ballet West. It is produced by BBC Worldwide and the preview clips are available on the CW site. It looks interesting and something I wish Dance Moms would show more of (actual dancing and the focus on the dancers).
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 04-18-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Oh, yeah! Thanks for the reminder about Duets! I've seen the commercials for it and intend to check it out.

I would never have guessed Breaking Pointe was about ballet. I wasn't thinking pointe as in a dance term. That might be good. Certainly worth a look!

This is a great thread. Some of these shows I haven't heard of yet, so this is a good place to find info.

ABC is doing a Big Brother replica called The Glass House, which starts June 18.

If you're tired of video and online games where you can only manipulate icons and images on a screen, ABC has just the thing for you.

It's "The Glass House," a new reality show that premieres June 18 and enables viewers to direct the lives of the 14 real-life human contestants who will be living together in a house and competing for a $250,000 prize.

Viewers will not only vote who gets to stay in the house, they will make some of the decisions on matters like what the contestants wear, what they eat and where they sleep.

Don't get too carried away: Viewers don't get to say things like, "Okay, now put your hand there" or "Punch him in the face."

But a large part of the contestants' success will depend on how well they endear themselves to the voting audience, and there will be continuing real-time interaction between players and fans.

While the show will be broadcast for just an hour a week, there will be several live online feeds at other times, when viewers can talk with the players and offer encouragement, criticism or suggestions.

As with some other reality shows, eliminated contestants can earn a chance to return.

abc-announces-glass-house

And the real thing, Big Brother 14, starts July 12. Here's its schedule:

Wednesdays, (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT, beginning July 18)
    Thursday (9:00-10:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT, beginning July 19)
    *beginning July 12th
    Sundays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT, beginning July 15)

Just found this thread and Harmony glad to see you mention Duets. Will someone automatically be starting a thread for it? I haven't been here long enough to know how that works. Also, pikachu thanks for the Big Brother mention and schedule. I have always loved this show. Can someone tell me does this site make live feeds available to purchase? Thanks for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Can someone tell me does this site make live feeds available to purchase? Thanks for any info.
    FoRT doesn't have anything to do with selling live feeds to watch BB. That would be available through CBS I would think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast