+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: "Stupid is as stupid does": Dumbest moves made on reality shows

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: "Stupid is as stupid does": Dumbest moves made on reality shows

Yes, there are definitely basic skills you must learn before going on particular reality shows. Cindy and Ernie were smart to brush up on many things before going on the Amazing Race. I believe Cindy mentioned they learned two languages, took swimming lessons, and I don't remember what else.

People who are afraid of heights (like me!) need not even bother signing up for The Amazing Race or Fear Factor. You know there's more than likely going to be a heights challenge and you don't want time ticking away while you're confronting a fear that's held you back your whole life.

I still can't get over the number of people who go on Survivor and can't swim or start a fire. I would not only be sure I could do both of those, I would be checking out books about edible plants and anything else I could use to help with the survival aspect. Not that I ever plan to apply for Survivor. Roughing it is not my idea of fun and I'd have no chance of winning the money anyway.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I pretty much agree with what everyone has posted here. But Marcellas from Big Brother and Erik from Survivor not using or giving up what is guaranteed to get them to the next round is probably the most idiotic thing that anyone can or has done on these shows. I know some people have thought not playing the hidden immunity idols was stupid, but I can't always fault those who didn't and wound up getting voted off, as that's taking a chance, and once people know you don't have it, you're an even bigger target to get voted off. Only person who should have used his was Jason from Survivor: Micronesia (just because they ousted King Ozzy the TC before doesn't mean he had any less of a target on his back). His vote was for James, which wouldn't have really put a huge kink in the game, but at least he would have been spared, and might have proved himself an immunity threat.

But Erik, Marcellas, Brandon-really, when you are guaranteed to advance at least until the next round (and in Erik's case that might have been the thing to cost him a million bucks), you don't give it up. Even if you're still a goner the next voting round, at least you might have shook things up a little.

Definitely with TAR, with all these seasons, and all the problems people have had over not reading directions, not knowing how to drive stick shift (and I realize some cars might just be challenging to drive based on where they are made), and losing vital pieces of your belongings like passports and clues...new racers need to brush up on what to do and what not to do. I could imagine these things happening in the early seasons, but I think even then they kept better track of their belongings and clues.

And then there is always Tool Academy.....
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

Big yes to the TAR contestants who can't keep track of their passports. Forget being a TAR contestant. Anyone who travels abroad needs to keep track of his/her passport. That's just a given. I know the racers are distracted and under pressure, but seriously--just make a habit of checking to make sure you have your passport every time you leave a task and always keep it in the same place. They make bright, distinctive passport covers that slip over your passport. Buy one before you leave on the race and quick check the place you stash your passport as you leave--you're not going to miss seeing it if it's a distinctive color or pattern you can spot in a second.

Oh, yeah, and make sure you have your bags with you when you leave too. How can people leave their bags behind?

Going under the covers for sex in BB and thinking no one will know....
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

...Or in a lean-to on Survivor and thinking no one will know.

This facepalm moment of the week is brought to you by 24 Hour Catwalk.

You and three other contestants are given a garment in a box and told you have 2 hours to construct a cocktail dress using part of the garment. You can add other fabrics to that garment but you choose instead to use only other fabrics, with none of the original material. A fellow contestant asks where you used the original material and you say you didn't use it, you used it as your inspiration. The judges ask you where you used it and you say you don't recycle fabrics.

Then you act stunned when you're eliminated from the contest because you didn't follow one of the simple rules of that round: 1) Use the garment in the box to construct an outfit of your own.

The voted off contestant's last words? "Maybe I should have used part of that garment in my design".

Well, duh!

*Not the exact words and instructions used on the show but I refuse to go back and watch it again for verification. Once was enough.

The guys tribe (Manono) on Survivor 24: One World, the 4th episode, choosing to go to tribal council to vote someone off (Bill) even though they won the immunity challenge. There's a reason this has never been done before--it's utterly stupid to reduce the numbers in your tribe before the merge! It would have been just as easy to wait until the guys lost a challenge to vote Bill out. All of the guys has to agree to do this and they were all too scared of Colton to say no.

This may go down as the stupidest move ever on Survivor.
    holly71 likes this.

Trying to stay in a game when you quite possibly may end up with a ruptured appendix. (Colton) He did from the sound of things have appendicitis, but that can just be an inflamed appendix.

He may be a nasty piece of work, but that was stupid - nothing is worth risking your life for (at least in an emergency situation).

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    The guys tribe (Manono) on Survivor 24: One World, the 4th episode, choosing to go to tribal council to vote someone off (Bill) even though they won the immunity challenge. There's a reason this has never been done before--it's utterly stupid to reduce the numbers in your tribe before the merge! It would have been just as easy to wait until the guys lost a challenge to vote Bill out. All of the guys has to agree to do this and they were all too scared of Colton to say no.

This may go down as the stupidest move ever on Survivor.
    Yep, I think it will depend on tonight, but between that and Colton having to leave, a potential male advantage turned out to create an equal division of the sexes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast