+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnnyK

Thread: Favorite and Least Favorite Hosts and Judges

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Favorite and Least Favorite Hosts and Judges

Favorite Host - Phil Keoghan. Also included are Gordon Ramsay and Julie Chen.
    Least Favorite - Jeff Probst (I used to like him), Heidi Klum, and Padma Lakshmi (I like her but she just isn't that good a host imo) are a few.
    Favorite Judge - Like all three current AGT judges (although with Piers it kind of sways sometimes), David Hasselhoff from the past, as well as a couple on other shows. Namely Tom Colicchio and Nigel Barker (based on only the first three ANTMs)
    Least Favorite Judge - Not really a fan of the Project Runway judges and I hate Janice Dickinson!

Yours?
    cablejockey likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Hosts and Judges

Some of my favorite hosts are Tom Bergeron (DWTS), Cat Deeley (SYTYCD), Jeff Probst, and Joe Rogan (Fear Factor).

I didn't care for Tom Bergeron when he started hosting America's Funniest Home Videos because I liked Bob Saget better but I find him hilariously funny on DWTS. He takes the sting out of the judges when they're being too critical.

Cat Deeley is so supportive of contestants on SYTYCD. I appreciate her sweetness and rapport with the dancers.

I wasn't a fan of Jeff Probst until I started reading his blog. My favorite part of watching Survivor used to be looking up Jeff's recap the day after to get more insight into what happened. I didn't like the format that Jeff changed to of posting a billion 5 minute clips for an episode so I stopped watching them.

Joe Rogan is the perfect person to host his show. He can trash talk with the best of them and I love it when he puts a fire under the contestants to put their all into the challenge or they'll go home. I was most impressed by him when he ate a Madagascar hissing cockroach during a challenge. Before then I thought he was like most reality show hosts who couldn't actually do the things they were expecting the contestants to do but that changed everything. I had to respect him as being fearless himself for being able to pull that off without flinching or gagging.

Least favorite hosts would be Julie Chen, Tyra Banks, and Anne Burrell. I never warmed to Julie, I used to like Tyra but got sick of her making up fake words and making every episode of ANTM all-about-Tyra. I liked Anne Burrell better when she was a silent assistant to Mario Batali on Iron Chef. Since she's become a celebrity chef in her own right, I find her obnoxious and annoying.

Favorite Judges would be Nigel Barker and Michael Kors. I used to like Bruno Tonioli on DWTS but I got tired of his antics.

Least Favorite Judges would be all of the judges on America's Got Talent and the X-Factor. I don't care what any of them have to say and usually don't agree with their picks so I don't care to watch those shows.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Apparently my brain wasn't working the other day. When I mentioned my favorite judges the other day, I meant Nigel Lythgoe from SYTYCD, not Nigel Barker from ANTM. Somebody else mentioned Nigel Barker in their post and I guess I picked up his name by mistake.

All time favorite host was when Anderson Cooper hosted the first couple seasons of "The Mole". It really went downhill after he left

Have to agree with Tom B. on DWTS as a great current host. Often, he makes the show! That man's brain must work at warp speed to come up with the quips and comments he gives on the fly!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I still hate Janice Dickinson. I saw Twiggy on the show and she was amazing. Very nice and seemed humble. Unlike Janice, who was a cocky bitch who thought she was better than everyone.

+ Reply to Thread