+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reality Retreads and Repeat Offenders : "Stars" on multiple shows

FORT Fan

Re: Reality Retreads and Repeat Offenders : "Stars" on multiple shows

Oh my I remember that Superhero...wasn't that the one where the totally off her meds gal was threatening the whole house with (blank) guns which can still be very dangerous?? I have a really good memory (blush) and I always remembered that one...
    cause some of the cast members got a settlement from the network, the one gal was bi-polar and off her meds, they sued cause they felt endangered by the network for having her around "weapons" (fake weapons but still dangerous)

now...is that the one?? eeek if they put her on another show, or had her living with other contestants....I remain amazed

FORT Fan

Can anyone help me out with ? Tough Love...I seem to remember that one of the Tough Love cast members was on another show...but I forget which one?? Or maybe they later went on another show??

FORT Fan

Another weird one....on Byron Velvick's season one of the gals was a redhead who looked just like the redhead who was part of the "obnoxious" couple who came in ? 2nd or 3rd on one of the Amazing Race seasons...it was confirmed that the bachelor cast member was the younger sister of the Amazing Race Cast member

*just further proof to me that the casting people for these shows may give preference to those they know??

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

It seems like reality retreads are becoming more common than beauty queens on these shows. And I guess it really is possible to make a living jumping from reality show to reality show

Some of the ones I can think of: in honor of the Survivor finale tonight, there's Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich. They went from their original seasons of Survivor, to AS Survivor, to TAR, to their own reality show, to TARAS, and Rob returned for his third AS Survivor last season.

Reichen (can't remember his last name) was one of the winners of the 4th season of TAR, and just appeared on the show The A-List on LOGO I believe it was.

On Dancing with the Stars, reality show cross over participants have included Trista Sutter (The Bachelor/ette), Shanna Moakler (she was on a reality show with her then-husband at the time, and now is hosting Bridalplasty on E!), Kim Kardashian, Kate Gosselin, Audrina Patridge, and The Situation. Joanna Krupa, another DWTS alumni, was on The Superstars prior to her dancing gig.

This upcoming season of The Celebrity Apprentice will feature former DWTS alumni Lisa Rinna (also has her own reality show), Marlee Matlin, and Real Housewife NeNe Leakes. I know some AI wannabes have appeared on some of the other singing shows that were once on as well.

Mine all seem like minor offenders in comparision to the above I do wonder what these people will do once the cameras stop rolling, because eventually I have to think their shows will end, the others show out there they'll have already done, and that the other media opportunities will dry up.

FORT Fan

Oh thanks Kara..
    you just reminded me....another show for Bethany Frankel..her current one of Skating with the Stars!!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;4129972;
    Can anyone help me out with ? Tough Love...I seem to remember that one of the Tough Love cast members was on another show...but I forget which one?? Or maybe they later went on another show??
    There was a woman named Rocky who was on Tough Love, but was on that stage mother show (can't remember the name....it was hosted by Danny Bonaduce). She was a nut job on the kid talent show...but then mellowed out for Tough Love and actually seemed like a (semi) sane person. I don't know if there were others, but she's the one I remember.

FORT Fan

Thanks JD...yes "Rocky"!

I personally find it most offensive when they don't mention that the person was on a previous reality show

"Retreads" on "all star" shows are somehow more understandable (although they are often more annoying/polished/conniving after their first taste of fame)

the ones that REALLY annoy me is when they pop up on a totally different show with a "new" persona ....how fake. Millionaire Matchmaker and this Tough Love are perfect examples

The gal who was a wild party girl on Paradise Hotel was shown as a demure potential wife for Millionaire.....crazy Josie from Farmer Takes a Wife was also very toned down on Millionaire Matchmaker

I just find it so fake !!

FORT Fan

The Bachelor "Franchise" seems to be based on "retreads">> something that I have complained about for years. I often (correctly) predict that a much loved cast member will be disliked when they "return"....Jen and Bob Guiney and Jason and on and on....they "come back" with an attitude and ego

Trista Sutter (née Rehn) started the retread...and was the most successful at it. She was runner up on First season of Bachelor, was the first Bachelorette, picked Ryan, they had their payday wedding as another reality show and she was also on Dancing with the Stars first season. They are trotted out on every reunion show as the shining success story

Bob Guiney was lovable on Trista's season BUT most fans could not stand his ego on his own Bachelor show
    he went on to host a stupid show "Date my House" yuck

Mary Delgado was rejected by Bob but came into Byron's season half way thru the show and won his "heart">> they had some rocky times and are no longer together.

Meredith was rejected by Blob and came back as the Bachelorette
    many who loved her started disliking her when they thought she led one of the finalists on <grin>
    When she came back she had a new hairdo, wardrobe and maybe teeth whitened?? <grin>

Jen Scheff was America's Sweetheart when she won Andrew Firestone's heart and people were excited to see her
    as the next Bachelorette...but what a disappointment! A makeover, more money to spend on clothes, more attitude and ego and the series ended as a dud

Doctor Travis Stork didn't make a lasting connection but did get an ongoing reality TV gig as one of the stars of the talk show "The Doctors" LOL

FORT Fan

Brad Womack upset soooo many people when he became the first Bachelor to chose NO ONE.....but in true retread tradition he is baaaaccckkkkk... as the Newest Bachelor LOL

Brad broke Deanna Pappas heart...and people wanted her as the next Bachelorette...be careful of what you want, cause the newly slick Deanna was not as well loved as the "old" one....she "broke" Jason's heart to the dismay of viewers. Her reality love didn't last but in an odd twist Jessie went on to marry (and father a baby)with a former Bachelor contestant who was not highly featured.....Ann Lueders who was eliminated early in Jason's season
    The two met on one of the various Bachelor/ette promo tours

Interesting that Jesse himself had already been on a reality show before "Jesse appeared on MTV Made on Season 8 Episode 9 (episode 66) to coach a Colorado Springs 'Care Bear-lovin' Tara in Snowboarding."

FORT Fan

IN true Bachelor/ette fashion the producers picked the beloved fan favorite , single daddy Jason Mesnick to come back as the new Bachelor....many fans were furious at the once loved Deanna for rejecting him
    Again fans love for Jason turned to disgust with his on/off deal with Melissa Rycroft,,,lovable Jason turned cad and "broke her heart" on National TV, went on to propose to Molly and then ...more reality tv....wed Molly on TV

(my personal opinion was always that Melissa was in it to get fame/exposure which she did)

Melissa was no stranger to reality tv..she already had been on CMT reality TV series Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team.

Melissa went on in true retread fashion to dance on Dancing with the Stars!
    from wikik "In June 2009, it was reported that Rycroft would be joining morning television news and talk show Good Morning America as a special contributor throughout the summer.[8] She continues to report for the program. She also was a co-host on ABC's Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve on December 31, 2009. Melissa also did features for Entertainment Tonight and The Insider. She was co-host for "Bachelor Pad"

ahh....and some just felt this was a gal looking for love??? (*gag me LOL)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast