+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Underrated Winners

Underrated Winners

We all have our favourites when it comes to contestants and winners, but after recently watching BB All-Stars again I have to say I think Boogie's win was very underrated.

I think a lot of the failure to give him credit is based on a) the feeling that he didn't deserve to make the show in the first place, with which I can't argue, and b) the fact that people don't like him.

I can't say I'm a fan either, but I do think he played a good game and his jury performance was practically flawless, imo.
    He gave great answers to the questions, particularly to Danielle and Howie.

Who else do you feel didn't/doesn't get the credit they deserve?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Underrated Winners

That's easy for me. Sandra has won Survivor twice. People like to dismiss her as being under the radar but at the same time she's outspoken. She's the only two time winner, and I highly doubt anyone else will win twice.

I never enjoyed watching Boogie but I'm willing to admit he did a masterful job his second time on BB.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I know a lot of people feel like she skated by-twice-but I always respected Sandra from Survivor. Her plans may not always work-but the woman recovers well, and she has $2mil in winnings to prove it.

ETA-I see I'm not the only Sandra fan.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Its hard to argue against someone who's played a game twice and won it twice.
    I think she was underrated by Russell and Parvati just as she is by many fans. They thought she was the better option to go in front of the jury with rather than Jerri.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Having done the interviews after the last Survivor, I can say that if they'd taken Jerri to the end, Jerri would have won. That's part of why I respect Sandra. She manages to convince people she's no threat.

I think the other underrated Survivor winner is Danni. She kind of coasted along until she had to win immunity and then pulled it off.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

The only way either Parvati or Russell was winning is if they faced each other in a final two.

I don't necessarily think Sandra played a great game throughout the season, but her uselessness in challenges was to her benefit and it seemed as though they felt they could get rid of her at any time, until the end when it seemed the better decision to take her.
    I think the best thing she did the whole game was to tell Russell she was against him. Parvati helped out by re-enacting that for the jury too
    "That's Numberwang!"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

One of my favorite winners is Bob. Lots of people seem to say he was a sucky player though. I dunno what the general consensus here is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4080070;
    I never enjoyed watching Boogie but I'm willing to admit he did a masterful job his second time on BB.
    He really did and he made out like a bandit prize-wise too.
    $500,000, $10,000 on the spider web game, car, trip to Aruba, plasma tv.
    He also actually won the coup d'etat. It was a very impressive performance, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

While I don't know that I would have crowned her over Danielle in BB3, I think Lisa got a fairly good head on her shoulders once her love interest Eric got shown the door. There was the opportunity to vote 2 contestants back in, coming down to Eric or Southern Belle loud mouth Amy (a nemesis of two of Lisa's co-horts in the house, Chiara and Roddy). Lisa voted Amy back in, and seemed to get wise to Chiara and Roddy. So unlike other BB winners who I felt did skate by or who were cringe worthy, I'd probably give a nod to Lisa. And though he won by the viewers vote and not his fellow hamsters, I'd say Eddie from season 1 of BB, for going in realizing it was a game, not playing nice for the cameras sake, not hiding the fact that he was there to win.

Survivor, my vote would go to Aras (Exile Island) and Danni (Guatemala).

+ Reply to Thread