+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greatest Alliances

Greatest Alliances

Anyone who watched BB12 will know 'The Brigade' touted themselves as the "Greatest Alliance in BB history".
    While I do think their alliance strategy was excellent, they were aided by some stupid play from other houseguests and aren't the best alliance in BB history imo. That title belongs to Jason and Danielle.
    They fell one step short of making the final two and while Danielle was only able to get Jason's jury vote the lack of sequester that season was a major factor, imo.
    Neither was ever even nominated let alone targeted for eviction and no one ever seemed to really clue-in that they were in an alliance.

I also tip my hat to the second version of Chill Town, Will and Boogie.
    They went into the show as a highly visible alliance and through their own skill and again the poor play of others made it to the final four. Pretty impressive for a team that was so blatant in their alliance.

If you have the right people and the right game plan you can be successful with a secret alliance but also with a very blatant one.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Greatest Alliances

I'd probably tip my hat to Will in general. He's the master. The Brigade? They got lucky. Jason and Danielle were a pretty good duo. They had each other's backs, but flew completely under the radar to everyone around them. Danielle did the dirty work in backstabbing, but no one seemed to know it until they got outside and watched it.

I'd probably have to give credit to the man who started it all, Richard Hatch and his Tagi 4. Even though Kelly wavered and voted against alliance lines a few times, Richard was the only one who got the game from the beginning, and was able to bring the trust in of Rudy (who admitted he was a homophobe), and Sue. Even though people seemed to suspect there was an alliance, they stuck together and all made it to the end. No one tried to act until it was too late.

Re: Greatest Alliances

I think the Brigade got lucky only because they were surrounded by people who didn't want to play. Too many fans of the show that knew that playing too hard too soon can get you Brian'd out of the game.
    Ragan gets no praise from me for apparently twigging in his final week that there was a guy's alliance, Kristen told him that in week four.
    Too many other people played it too cagey and didn't do anything to save themselves until it was their time on the chopping block. I consider it a genius move by the Brigade (Matt specificially) to come up with the side-alliance concept and to thoroughly convince those pawns that they were working with them.

I give credit to Rich too, even though it should be obvious to everyone that you need to form some sort of agreement with your tribe as to who to vote for. You can't all just turn up at TC, have everyone vote and let the chips fall where they may.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread