+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Have any reality show contestants posted here before?

Re: Have any reality show contestants posted here before?

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4078471;
    The Air Traffic Controllers Steve and Dave from an early season of TAR went to the first FortCon in Chicago. There were some pics of them floating around here somewhere..
    When Game Show Network picked up the reruns for old TAR seasons, a few of us started posting on a rerun thread as we watched the daily marathon. Even though it was a number of years after their season aired, they suddenly appeared again on here to respond to a comment I made about them being out of shape for TAR. It was a very "foot-in-mouth" moment
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

A few of the kids of the OC Housewives posted here a few years ago. It wasn't pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4080887;
    A few of the kids of the OC Housewives posted here a few years ago. It wasn't pretty.
    I'm bummed I missed that!

That episode of "Trading Spouses" was probably the most memorable, Hepcat -- maybe even moreso than the "God warrior." It had so much insight about cultural stereotypes. I fell in love with the Loupe family. I wonder if the fallout from the show changed that judgmental vegan wife from California. Somehow I doubt it.

BTW, I miss "Trading Spouses." It didn't rely on the gimmicks (pirates, wiccans, etc.) of "Wife Swap."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Didn't some of the Last Comic Standing people post here?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I know that Ralphie May did....not sure about any of the others.

Didn't Evil Dick from BB post here? I know he was on some board before he even went on the show.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

We had several ANTM models post here back in the day or at least be members.

I remember Lee Anne from season one of Top Chef posted several times and then got in trouble with Bravo for it and we took them down for her.

One of the girls from How to Get the Guy posted here quite a lot, telling us what happened after the show ended and giving us insider info about the show. She was cool.

One of the first shows I recapped was Morgan Spurlock's 30 Days. I shared it with a few other recappers. I happened to get an episode with this totally stereotype of a New York Italian thuggy guy going to live for a month on what was basically a commune, where everyone composted and grew their own vegetables. He sent me several threatening emails because I called him a schmuck or something. I think he thought I was a guy, 'cause he was threatening to beat the crap out of me. So yeah, that was fun.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234