+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have any reality show contestants posted here before?

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Have any reality show contestants posted here before?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4078669;
    and the sort of funny guy from The Bachelorette (I think it was DeAnna's grab at the ring but I could be wrong) posted during that season.

Oh yes...I'm probably spelling it incorrectly but I think his name was Twilley!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4078669;
    Matt from this past BB posted when he was on Ordinary Joe (I think that's what it was called) a few years ago, the mom of the family with the two small kids from the family edition of TAR posted a few times and the sort of funny guy from The Bachelorette (I think it was DeAnna's grab at the ring but I could be wrong) posted during that season.
    I watched Average Joe but can't think who he is.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Speaking of spegs/Stephenie Meyer, she recapped Manhunt. The host of that show posted here in response to her recaps.

My first writing assignment was recapping a show I'm sure no one remembers, I Hate My Job, which was hosted by Al Sharpton. Frank, who was one of the contestants, used to PM me.
    Last edited by Mariner; 10-08-2010 at 05:30 PM.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Oh my gosh Mariner, I have no memory of that show whatsoever. It sounds like a real dog.

The first show I recapped was "Trading Spouses." The people on those shows were usually happy to correspond with you and quite a few came to FORT to defend themselves. The family in rural Louisiana who run a swamp tour come to mind - the Loupe family. Just last year my sister and her family went on a swamp tour when we were there for Mardis Gras, and I realized when we met up again she had been at the Loupe's. So they are still going strong!

Another family that posted was the "barefoot" family from Santa Cruz, CA. They had a dozen different instances of how the show was edited them to look silly. I remember the visiting mom asked if they have a coffee machine and they jumped to the main guy looking grim and silent. In reality, those people were big technophiles of every variety! The two boys had active blogs and the Buddhist dad had an active philosophy forum. But for some reason the show thought it was funnier to make them look like they lived without technology or shoes. The shoes part was real.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

A Bachelorette from Lorenzo's season posted a few times and a contestant from season 2 of Who Wants to be A Superhero has also posted.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;4078725;
    J D Roberto, who was the host of Outback Jack, posted here, as jdroberto. He answered a lot of questions about the production. He's a very funny guy.

I remember that. He was quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4078752;
    No one watched this show, but Amie Pollard of NBC's Great American Road Trip posted her when that show aired.
    I watched it and wish it would come back. Amie was great when she posted.

Loved the Air Traffic Controllers from TAR. They were great. Wish they would come back.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

One of the first shows I recapped was a dating show, it had four women working with dating coaches and they went out and had to find dates, etc. I believe it was canceled about halfway through the season. Anyway, some of the people on that show posted here and I pm'd with a lot of them as well.

Also, LeAnn (I think that was her name) from Season 1 of Top Chef would post here occasionally as well.

Wow, how did I miss all of these people?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4080099;
    Speaking of spegs/Stephenie Meyer, she recapped Manhunt. The host of that show posted here in response to her recaps.
    You mean Carmen Electra posted here? Whoa!

I guess you could consider that a celebrity connection now. Stephenie Meyer and Carmen Electra... who woulda thunk?

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4078752;
    CariDee, winner of ANTM's Cycle 7, had a couple of posts. I remember that her fans had been turning on her, and she came here to say to "not lost hope in her yet!" Something like that.
    Whoops, I meant "lose." Stupid typos!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4080290;
    I watched it and wish it would come back. Amie was great when she posted.
    I share the same opinion on both accounts! I loved the show actually. The DiSalvatores are one of my favorite winners ever.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4080702;
    I share the same opinion on both accounts! I loved the show actually. The DiSalvatores are one of my favorite winners ever.
    I didn't like them at first but they grew on me and I was glad they won.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

With all of these posts about PMs, that reminds me of something.

Long ago, MTV had a show called Taquita & Kaui. It was a spin-off from Making the Band 3 and featured two rejects from the show (named in the title). It was canceled midway through the season, which was a shame because it was hilarious.

Shortly after it was canceled, one of the show's "guest stars" (I guess that's what you would call them) PMed me. I think her name was Teresa or something. I made a comment in the show's thread that she came across as fake when she interacted with the girls. It could have been to play it up the the cameras, or it could have been the producers asking her to act crazy. I don't know, to me she was fake.

But then I got an angry PM from her saying how she was genuninely herself and that she was not fake whatsoever. She also sent me another PM that directly followed the first one about a comment I made in the show's thread, about how I was sad the show was canceled. She said something like, "HA HA, your show is canceled now! Now you can't make fun of me anymore."

I was angry since everything I see on TV is fair game. So I deleted the PMs. Now I think it's hilarious when I look back on it, and I regret deleting them cause now I can't look back at them and laugh.

Watch her come back and PM me again.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast