+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Amazon Shopping

Amazon Shopping

How to get the best Amazon Prime Day 2016 deals | TechRadar

WHAT ARE YOU ALL THINKING OF BUYING TOMORROW????
    KAREN

Re: AMAZON PRIME DAY ~ JULY 12th

I was a bit disappointed last year, so I hope there are some extra-good deals tomorrow. My cart is full of things I've been waiting on, just in case they're on sale tomorrow too. Otherwise, I need new techie toys!!
    momrek06 likes this.

I've been an Amazon Prime member for forever. Unfortunately, the system doesn't seem to be working very well this time around. I kept receiving the error that Add to Cart Failed.

Eventually I did get what I wanted (an organic changing pad) but it wasn't as pleasant of an experience as I had hoped.

I'll be back at 11:25 to attempt to get two more things. Fingers crossed!
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

They started Amazon Prime same day delivery in Raleigh recently and it's really doing well. One of my colleagues in the office is using it regularly and loves it. She bought a chair and it was delivered in a couple of hours. As it turns out, she didn't like it and sold it to me.

I'm trying to decide if it would benefit me. Only $99. a year, right? And free 30 day trial. I have certain places that I get my office supplies from and I don't see how they could beat those prices. But, it I guess the free shipping alone is worth it. Hmmm.....I'm thinking.

It looks like the savings today will be huge. I'd like some new toys, but they aren't in my budget this week.

The best deals for Amazon Prime Day
    Punkin likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I became a member a few months ago after buying from Amazon for years. I'm not planning on buying anything for myself today but my nephew and his bride to be are registered on Amazon's wedding registry site. Among other places. They are having a co-ed wedding shower next month and I received an e-mail yesterday from Amazon saying I can save $30 if I spend $150. So, I think I'll be purchasing their wedding shower gift today.

The deals look great. I love a sale, but it's not as if I need anything right now, so, I'll have to resist.
    Punkin likes this.

I looked through the first 5 pages and didn't see anything I need. I really don't need to look for a reason to spend money.
    Punkin, inthegarden and JavaJo like this.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I am LIVID!!! Tried to use my promotional code today of $30 off a $150 purchase and was told it expired. I got off the phone with a rep and they won't honor it. They said that Visa had an extremely large number of people redeeming the discount, so at 12:30 p.m. they decided they filled their quota, whatever that was. NOWHERE, and I mean NOWHERE in my email from yesterday does it mention 'while supplies last', or 'use by a certain time.' I even followed the link from the email to get the code. Talking to even a supervisor got me nowhere.
    This is what the email said:

Offer details

On Prime Day, you can get $30 off your purchase when you spend $150 or more on items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. See below for terms and conditions for this offer, or see details at Amazon.

On Prime Day, here's how to redeem the $30 discount:

1. Go to amazon.com

2. Add $150 or more of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your cart.

3. Select your Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card as your payment method at checkout.
    4. Enter the promotional code VISA30 and click "Apply".

Normally I use 'smile.amazon.com' because when you use that site they give a portion of your purchase to a designated charity of your choice. It's the same as Amazon. So, at first I thought, 'oh, maybe because I am going through smile dot amazon, it's not allowing the promotional code. So, I went back to original email from yesterday and used the link from there. Still was not able to use the code. Well, phooey to them. They just lost out on a $140 purchase from me. I am beyond agitated.

I need to cool down but just had to come here and vent.
    Punkin likes this.

That IS shocking. I'd be livid too. I'm not sure what your options are, but there should be some remedy.

I'd be furious too. I'm pretty sure that, unless there's something in the fine print, they actually HAVE to honor that coupon. Did you speak to a supervisor? I would have asked for one. They can't send out a coupon and then arbitrarily decide to stop honoring it. I'd do a little searching online about the law. Anyone know more about this?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast