+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Amazon Shopping

Re: AMAZON PRIME DAY ~ JULY 12th

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Feeling obligated to find something, anything to buy on this special day to justify my annual membership fee, and yet not really needing anything..... I finally found something!

I can't wait to talk hubby into playing it with me!!
    I saw that on one of my pages too! Suggesting it to me, I suppose. You'll have to let us know if you like it!

I didn't buy a darned thing! I don't have Prime, but I would have signed up for a free trial if there had been anything I wanted that was a great deal. I don't really need any electronics (aside from a new laptop, which isn't in the budget right now) and nothing I wanted was priced low enough with that $30 ($50?) discount.

I'm in love with these shoes: https://www.amazon.com/Josef-Seibel-...N9M29HCKGVMVAK That discount still put them around $90-ish. Just too much at the moment.

ECM - I'm so glad Amazon stepped up and did the right thing!
    causingchaos and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

One of my lightning deals just became a freebie because they haven't shipped it yet.

A little disappointed but at least they made it right.
    causingchaos likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

I didn't find anything I needed, either. Lots I wanted, but since hubby and I are on a big savings kick (gutting the family room next summer and want to pay for it with all cash, no credit), I had to pass.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Good news. Today I received this email from Amazon:

In connection with Prime Day, we ran a limited offer of $30 off a purchase of $150 or more with the Amazon Rewards Visa Card on Amazon.com. We see that you entered the promotion code VISA30 after the offer had already expired. Because you are a valued Prime Member, we have loaded a $30 Amazon.com Gift Card to your account.

So, it looks like I'll be able to purchase that wedding shower gift after all.
    Well that is wicked cool, ECM!!!
    Debb70 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    KAREN

Okay, so this year it's on the 11th, but I didn't think we needed a new thread (I'll change the date on this thread title). Has anyone found any good deals today?

I bought a new insulated travel mug and some TSA approved bottles for my toiletries. I've also got a small waterproof jacket for my Alaska cruise.

I'm sort of puzzled about the "Watch this deal" button. I clicked that on a pair of running shoes last night and never got a notification about it and can't see where I got to check on items I'm watching. When I looked a while ago, that deal was over
    momrek06 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Okay, so this year it's on the 11th, but I didn't think we needed a new thread (I'll change the date on this thread title). Has anyone found any good deals today?

I bought a new insulated travel mug and some TSA approved bottles for my toiletries. I've also got a small waterproof jacket for my Alaska cruise.

I'm sort of puzzled about the "Watch this deal" button. I clicked that on a pair of running shoes last night and never got a notification about it and can't see where I got to check on items I'm watching. When I looked a while ago, that deal was over

Oh bother. smh.

As far as buying anything ... In YOUR words, Critical, from last year .... so far NOT A DARN THING.

But that travel MUG ... do you have a LINK by chance to it?
    KAREN

Re: AMAZON PRIME DAY ~ JULY 11th

I bought some outdoor solar lights and some stainless steel appliance cleaner. Nothing exciting.
    redsox girl likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Oh bother. smh.

As far as buying anything ... In YOUR words, Critical, from last year .... so far NOT A DARN THING.

But that travel MUG ... do you have a LINK by chance to it?
    This is the mug I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I do my Saturday morning shopping, I always take my travel mug of tea with me and I always have one with me in the mornings when I set up for work events. Pretty much any time I'm out and about in the morning. The two that I had for the last 10-ish years were fine, but also plastic. In the last 6 months, they both cracked and the liquid leaked out into the space between the inner "container" and the outside wall of the mug. I bought the Contigo one because it's steel. Maybe I can manage not to break this one! It ended up being $11.99, which is a great deal. I hadn't bought one of them in a while and got total sticker shock when I went to look for a new one!

I don't need any new electronics and I just got a new TV at the estate sale, so I'm good to go. I just got lucky that the TSA approved containers were part of Prime Day. I was going to buy them anyway. Those things are nice because the TSA agent can literally just look at the clear bag and see all of your toiletries without you having to watch them paw through your stuff.
    momrek06 likes this.

Re: AMAZON PRIME DAY ~ JULY 11th

THANKS, Critical!!!

I also have been looking. My last and only travel mug (which I threw away JUST today) was so old.

It was ceramic and the lid was plastic and TODAY my tea tasted like the PLASTIC lid.

Bye bye ceraminc travel mug.

So I GOT IT.

I got the 16oz RADIANT ORCHID for $14.00. And will arrived JULY 14th. I read all about the RELEASE BUTTON, that is kinda cool.

Not sure if I got a PRIME DAY deal, but I read all the reviews both from CONTIGO and BUYERS and everyone LOVES it!!!

But still I thought that is a much better deal than the $19.99 one I saw in STARBUCKS over the weekend!!!
    Which was ONLY 12oz. You did AWESOME at $11.99!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast