+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Amazon Shopping

Re: AMAZON PRIME DAY ~ JULY 12th

AT 12:30pm ... that would have been 9:30am MY TIME.

That CANNOT be right AT ALL.

CALL BACK....ECM!!! Seriously, soooooo anyone shopping from difference time zones would have all lost out on that deal.

Unless the idiots took 12:30pm from each time zone and then refused the discount which seems like that would be allot of work.
    KAREN

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I DID speak to a supervisor. What happened was that this promotion was not from Amazon, it was from VISA. I have an Amazon VISA Rewards credit card. VISA put a fixed amount, dollar-wise, I guess, on what they would offer today for their promotion. Their quota, or whatever you want to call it, was fulfilled by 12:30 p.m. But my beef with them is that it does not say this anywhere on the email I received yesterday. If it had, I would have logged online much earlier than 4 p.m. today. I don't think I have much recourse.
    PGM35 likes this.

Wow, that really doesn't sound right or fair. I agree, that if it doesn't say a limit, I'd think they HAVE to give it to you. You can't be the only one this happened to, so maybe try going through the Visa people?

I got myself a new cute little tablet for $33. Oh, and an Echo - does anyone have one of those? I plan to try using it in my classroom.

I got one of these.

Polaroid ZIP Mobile Printer w/ZINK Zero Ink Printing Technology - Compatible w/iOS & Android Devices - White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TE8XKIS..._rYAHxbRQ49VCZ

It's a photo printer for your camera! Like a Polaroid picture. It's normally $130 or so and I got it for $88 today. Frivolous I know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    momrek06 and Baby's Breath like this.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

ECM, you have to be more persistent, and I say that in the kindest way. I have been with Amazon for a long time, so I know these things. It all depends on who you talk to. Sometimes there is a language barrier, and sometimes just poor customer service, but for the most part, I get great service and great prices. I Amazon.

Here is an article that you may find interesting: Maximize Your Amazon Prime Day Purchases with These Cards

And here is a post that was made regarding the article: "The Amazon visa card is running a promo for Prime Day with $30 off a total of $150 or more from Amazon (not third parties) when you use the promo code VISA30. It did not immediately trigger on my purchase, likely because a gift card was part of a bundle, but chat support is going to credit my card $30 to compensate."

Whoever this poster was, they experienced the same thing as you did, but they got resolution.

Please go to chat and ask them to give you the exact deal that you had hoped for yesterday!!!

I purchased three baby care items. I bought a $30 item for $24, a $23 item for $17, and a $37 item for $28. All were things that I had researched thoroughly beforehand so I knew Amazon already had great prices on them before the discounts. Now all I need is grandchildren.
    navybelle likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Good news. Today I received this email from Amazon:

In connection with Prime Day, we ran a limited offer of $30 off a purchase of $150 or more with the Amazon Rewards Visa Card on Amazon.com. We see that you entered the promotion code VISA30 after the offer had already expired. Because you are a valued Prime Member, we have loaded a $30 Amazon.com Gift Card to your account.

So, it looks like I'll be able to purchase that wedding shower gift after all.
    Punkin, waywyrd, Critical and 6 others like this.

Oh good. I would have been disappointed with Amazon if they had dropped the ball completely.
    PGM35 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Count your blessings!

I couldn't find anything again that really rung my bell for prime day. I kind of feel the same way about their cyber monday deals. It's always some electronics I never really wanted or stuff that feels like it's was left over in some warehouse somewhere.

Feeling obligated to find something, anything to buy on this special day to justify my annual membership fee, and yet not really needing anything..... I finally found something!

EXPLODING KITTENS

A card game for people who are into
    Kittens and Explosions
    and Laser Beams
    and sometimes Goats.
    I can't wait to talk hubby into playing it with me!!
    PGM35 likes this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Feeling obligated to find something, anything to buy on this special day to justify my annual membership fee, and yet not really needing anything..... I finally found something!

I can't wait to talk hubby into playing it with me!!
    Is that anything like Kittens in a blender card game?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast