+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1170Likes

Thread: What do you look like?

Re: What do you look like?

Me with my cute new necklace I got in our Ladies Christmas Sock Exchange last night! So much fun!

Me 1282016.jpg

Here are the socks!

2016-12-07 22.40.49.jpg
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Me with my cute new necklace I got in our Ladies Christmas Sock Exchange last night! So much fun!

Here are the socks!
    PGM, I love seeing you smile!!!

Your necklace is FABULOUS and look at all those SOCKS!

Certainly was a fun fun fun night for YOU!!!
    PGM35, Cornholio and Eastcoastmom like this.
    KAREN

I'm glad you have such an active social life, PGM. That will help so much in your transition to your newly single life!
    PGM35, momrek06 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I'm glad you have such an active social life, PGM. That will help so much in your transition to your newly single life!
    Oh yeah, I do a lot of things! Plus this time of year are a lot of events too. I've got book club tonight, the pub crawl tomorrow night, Christmas party Saturday night, ladies gift exchange brunch on Sunday, and afternoon party too. I play softball on Monday, then a Rodeo Hostess Committee Ornament exchange on Tuesday. I slow down on Wed - 12/14 for a break (unless I book something) and start again Thurs with bunco, a Christmas play - It's a Wonderful Life on Friday, then another Christmas party on Saturday! It's not like this ALL THE TIME but if fits for what I'm needing right about now!
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Oh yeah, I do a lot of things! Plus this time of year are a lot of events too. I've got book club tonight, the pub crawl tomorrow night, Christmas party Saturday night, ladies gift exchange brunch on Sunday, and afternoon party too. I play softball on Monday, then a Rodeo Hostess Committee Ornament exchange on Tuesday. I slow down on Wed - 12/14 for a break (unless I book something) and start again Thurs with bunco, a Christmas play - It's a Wonderful Life on Friday, then another Christmas party on Saturday! It's not like this ALL THE TIME but if fits for what I'm needing right about now!
    WONDERFUL!!!!!!

ENJOY it all!!!!
    PGM35 and Cootie like this.
    KAREN

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wish I had an active social life!
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

That's so funny, because if there's nothing on my schedule and I know I can stay home the rest of the day when I come home from swimming, I celebrate. Introvert here.
    Punkin, Critical, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

I've been told by two people recently that I'm reserved. Since this is the first time in a long, long time that I've been so interactive with strangers, it's good to know. Oh, my neighbor, out of nowhere, said I was pretty. My mouth dropped open as I don't think I'm anywhere near pretty. When I was younger, I was cute, but never pretty.
    Punkin, Gutmutter and Eastcoastmom like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    That's so funny, because if there's nothing on my schedule and I know I can stay home the rest of the day when I come home from swimming, I celebrate. Introvert here.
    Yep, me too! I'm out of town for work and I made sure to stop off at Whole Foods to get dinner so I don't have to leave the hotel and be social. Yep, I'm in my pjs eating the most expensive turkey meatloaf and green beans in history!

I like time with my friends, but I also need time alone to recharge. People who don't know me well don't believe me when I tell them I'm an introvert because I'm able to be outgoing in some situations. They don't realize how hard it is for me.

Pik - I've always followed the "don't s*** where you eat" policy with respect to making friends at work. When I worked in an office, I kept almost all of my relationships very surface. It's easier that way. I just don't want to know that much personal stuff about my coworkers. That's when things can get messy. I learned that the hard way, btw. It made work REALLY uncomfortable for a while. Tough lesson to learn. I do get closer to coworkers if it's part time job that I don't need (vs. a full time one that I really do). I figure if things go south in that situation, one of us can go get another job....and I have!

I know you volunteer. Maybe you'd have better luck meeting people in another volunteer organization. What about classes at a local community center? Take heart. It's tough making friends as an adult.
    Punkin, Gutmutter, PGM35 and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

photo.jpg What fun to put faces with names!!
    Punkin, pikachu, PGM35 and 4 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread