+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1155Likes

Thread: What do you look like?

  1. #6071
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    49
    Posts
    21,355

    Re: What do you look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Ok, I have to share this picture. You know when you are at a hospital and they take your picture for records? So this picture is on my NYU records:Attachment 31726
    So, you were getting particularly good news when they took that picture? It's adorable!

    This is a weird thing and I wasn't sure where to put it. This seems as good a place as any, since there are lots of selfies in this thread. Does anyone have experience with the photoshop-y apps you can use on your phone? I got CamPerfect a while back and have used it a bit - it's nice to color correct or brighten up the pic. I played around with it and you can make yourself look super tan and totally poreless if you want. I used it on selfie once and ended up deleting the result because it looked fake. You can change the shape of your face, add makeup, etc. I don't do that because it seems like lying to me. Apparently, the Kardashians do that stuff to all of their pictures on social media.

    Anyway, at my h.s. reunion a few months ago, many of us were shocked at the appearance of one classmate, who is now very wrinkled. She looks like she could be our mother, not our contemporary. Many people didn't even recognize her. I was telling my mom about it - she knew this person when we were in school together - and I went to show her pics. I went to this woman's FB and she'd edited all of her pics (including the ones from the reunion, which had been taken a day or two before) to make herself look wrinkle-free. I told some friends/former classmates when we were at dinner together and none of them believed me until I showed them the pictures.

    Does this seem weird to anyone else? I get being unhappy with your appearance but, by and large, the people who are your FB friends already KNOW what you look like. At least she's not doing it on a dating site (already married).
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  2. #6072
    FORT Fogey PGM35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: What do you look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    So, you were getting particularly good news when they took that picture? It's adorable!

    This is a weird thing and I wasn't sure where to put it. This seems as good a place as any, since there are lots of selfies in this thread. Does anyone have experience with the photoshop-y apps you can use on your phone? I got CamPerfect a while back and have used it a bit - it's nice to color correct or brighten up the pic. I played around with it and you can make yourself look super tan and totally poreless if you want. I used it on selfie once and ended up deleting the result because it looked fake. You can change the shape of your face, add makeup, etc. I don't do that because it seems like lying to me. Apparently, the Kardashians do that stuff to all of their pictures on social media.

    Anyway, at my h.s. reunion a few months ago, many of us were shocked at the appearance of one classmate, who is now very wrinkled. She looks like she could be our mother, not our contemporary. Many people didn't even recognize her. I was telling my mom about it - she knew this person when we were in school together - and I went to show her pics. I went to this woman's FB and she'd edited all of her pics (including the ones from the reunion, which had been taken a day or two before) to make herself look wrinkle-free. I told some friends/former classmates when we were at dinner together and none of them believed me until I showed them the pictures.

    Does this seem weird to anyone else? I get being unhappy with your appearance but, by and large, the people who are your FB friends already KNOW what you look like. At least she's not doing it on a dating site (already married).
    I know people who do that! I think it's sad personally. I take selfies all the time and only 1 or 2 snaps and then post. I 'might' play with the setting on the pic if it's too dark or too bright bi I've never touched up my face or tried to slim myself down! It's click and post most times! I also want to have the most recent pic not one from years and years ago! Be yourself I say.

    Also I met up with some ladies last night, some I'd never met in person before and 1 knew me right away from my pic! They laughed when I said I update my photo every other day! Gotta keep it real folks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maveno and Cornholio like this.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

  3. #6073
    Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    8,941

    Re: What do you look like?

    I use Windows Live Photo Gallery to edit my pictures, mostly to make sure the picture is straight, do any necessary cropping and adjust the brightness, contrast, and color if it needs it. Most pictures taken indoors are too dim and most of the time the color temperature needs to be bumped up so everything doesn't look so gray.

    I took the pictures for my nephew's wedding and his wife watched me edit the pictures. She was super thrilled with how well they came out and learned how to use the program herself by watching me.

    I only edit to enhance what's already there and make them look like they do in real life, not to completely change how things look so they're unnatural. People can tell when a picture has been photoshopped to death and it looks fakey. People who think they're fooling everyone are only fooling themselves.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

  4. #6074
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    49
    Posts
    21,355

    Re: What do you look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I know people who do that! I think it's sad personally. I take selfies all the time and only 1 or 2 snaps and then post. I 'might' play with the setting on the pic if it's too dark or too bright bi I've never touched up my face or tried to slim myself down! It's click and post most times! I also want to have the most recent pic not one from years and years ago! Be yourself I say.

    Also I met up with some ladies last night, some I'd never met in person before and 1 knew me right away from my pic! They laughed when I said I update my photo every other day! Gotta keep it real folks!
    That was my feeling about it. So sad that she's that unhappy with how she looks that she literally edits every single picture of herself to the point that it hardly looks like her.

    I'm just not a selfie girl. I've taken a few over the years, but it's just not my thing Lately, I take body shots in store dressing rooms to track my weight loss progress, but I don't post them to my FB or other SM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  5. #6075
    FORT Fogey Stargazer161's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,599

    Re: What do you look like?

    At work on Halloween...forgot I was wearing makeup...smeared it, lol...

    h16.jpg
    Punkin, Maveno, pikachu and 14 others like this.
    Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

  6. #6076
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    11,613

    Re: What do you look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer161 View Post
    At work on Halloween...forgot I was wearing makeup...smeared it, lol
    Star, you are adorable and an awesome CAT!!!
    KAREN

  7. #6077
    Kitten time! Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mio and Reo
    Posts
    18,461

    Re: What do you look like?

    Oh, that's too cute.
    Count your blessings!

  8. #6078
    FORT Fogey Stargazer161's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,599

    Re: What do you look like?

    Thanks guys!
    Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

  9. #6079
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,966

    Re: What do you look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer161 View Post
    At work on Halloween...forgot I was wearing makeup...smeared it, lol...

    Attachment 31730
    Love it!!! You are too cute!!!
    Stargazer161 likes this.

  10. #6080
    FORT Fogey Cornholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,118

    Re: What do you look like?

    Stargazer! Someone upthread said you look like an actress and they were trying to place who... call me crazy but I think you look like a young Ashley Judd. It's something about your overall look, expression and raised eyebrow! Love the cat costume!

    PGM, I love your double-strapped mary jane's, those are SO cute! Also love your realistic approach to selfies.

    Regarding selfies - I'm on instagram and some people post nothing but selfies of their heads! There is absolutely NOTHING but dozens of selfie headshots in their entire gallery. What is that all about? It's just so bizarre to me.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.