+ Reply to Thread
Page 586 of 589 FirstFirst ... 86486536576577578579580581582583584585586587588589 LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 5886
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: What do you look like?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: What do you look like?

Awesome. <3 Congrats. A great accomplishment.

As for myself, it looks like I lost a total of about 20 pounds now, despite not doing much of anything. My mom thinks I've become noticably thinner.
    Punkin, Cootie and Eastcoastmom like this.

Beautiful, Eastcoastmom! And, JK, I wouldn't be bragging about losing 20 lbs. without really trying around this crowd!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

ECM, you look terrific! You should be really proud of that achievement - it takes a lot to stick with it.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

ecm my sister has more than a 100 lbs to lose and I was telling her about your success and told her to stick with it she could do it. The sad thing with my sister is her thyroid doesn't work and when she started having trouble with it she gained tons of weight. It gets discouraging because it takes so much longer to get off.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Wow!, Eastcoastmom. That is quite the accomplishment. And you look great.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Thanks so much, everyone, for your kind comments.

Nennie
    , my mom was heavy her entire life until the last two years of her life when she wasted away to nothing and died at age 55 of scleroderma. She had thyroid issues as well. I've always felt I had an underactive thyroid but blood tests never revealed anything out of the ordinary. It's just odd to me b/c my mom was the only heavy sibling of 5 and they all were raised in the same environment and cooked more or less the same type meals. Plus, my sister is very heavy, too, and none of our cousins are. So, I do think there is a genetic link. I had hot nodules on my thyroid about 10 years back and had them radiated. My endocrinologist checked every 6 months to make sure the levels went back to normal, which they supposedly did. HOWEVER, my internist told me that in most cases her patients who have had their thyroid irradiated, gain weight as their thyroid becomes underactive. I suspect this is what happened to me (I was heavy for more than 20 years but gained much more in the past 10 years or so). Is your sister on some medication like synthroid? I have friends who lost weight once it was realized they had hypothyroidism (it's very common in middle-aged women and goes undetected lots of times) and went on synthroid. For me, I have the classic symptoms of underactive thyroid, like thinning hair, always cold, but the blood tests always say no. So, who knows?

I would suggest you tell your sister that she CAN do it. I am living proof. I never in a million years thought I would be successful, but here I am less than 10 months later and have shed 100 lbs. Carbs were not my friend. I am Italian-American and love pasta. Not so much a bread person, but I have a wicked sweet tooth. I miss Friday night pizza, chocolate, and a good NY bagel. Plus, I love to bake so there is that problem.

If you want any more info about the program I am on, Medifast Take Shape for Life, feel free to pm me.

ecm my sister is on synthroid. She also has blood pressure issues and was diagnosed with diabetes last year. When they found out hers had quit working she was oozing water out of her eyes and had already gain tons of weight and as soon as the doctor walked into the examining room he told her what was wrong and told her had she not gotten in she would have died within 3 months because she would have drowned in her fluid. I have her on a diet but it is slow going. I hate the diet word so we call it a healthy eating program. Since she works I fix a lot of her meals proportioned out so all she has to do is take them out of the freezer and heat. This sister is the one her and I are raising her grandchildren and she is single.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

You know how I feel ECM. I think you look awesome, I think you set a goal and boy did you stick to it..so------------

and
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

ECM, nice job on the weight loss! It is fantastic that you are finally seeing success after so many years of frustration. I have drastically reduced carbs, too and I am pleased that my glucose, blood pressure, weight and cholesterol numbers are all improving. It is making giving up pizza, cookies, etc all worth it!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

Eastcoastmom I am so happy for you! You look fantastic...You've always been a beautiful person inside and out.
    I admire you for sticking to your goals. Just Wow!!!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

+ Reply to Thread