+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: What do you look like?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: What do you look like?

Lil mrd did a FANTASTIC job! Did you say that you were donating your hair? Did it go to Locks of Love? Love the cut and color!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

THanks again all.

Yep, I think she has a fabulous career ahead of her.

Come on down for hair styles and food everyone. It will be fun.

Or we could hire my daughter to be the inhouse stylist for Gut's FORT retirement home.

Famita, that was Billy Crystal doing Fernando Lamas. I used to LOVE that skit: Fernando's hideway on SNL.

The school is taking care of the donation. She is taking it with her tomorrow to school and they will send it off for us. I am assuming it's Locks of Love. I don't know of any other one. But I will make sure to ask.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3155162;
    Famita, that was Billy Crystal doing Fernando Lamas. I used to LOVE that skit: Fernando's hideway on SNL.

You looook marvelous dahlink marvelous.....
    Last edited by just1paul; 08-04-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Add me to the list that likes the new look and new color, too!

What has the reaction been from your real life friends and associates at the museum?

MRD

Well let me just say that I have never had anyone stop in their tracks before in reaction to my looks and I did have several people just stop in their tracks, mid sentence.

Everyone has loved it. I didn't know getting a haircut would cause such a stir, both on FORT and in real life. I have gotten a lot of comments and so far everyone has just loved it. Several people didn't recognize me, until they got closer to me. It is a drastic change. But a good one.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I did a "stop in my tracks" reaction when I saw a woman I used to work with had gotten a nose job. She looked totally and fantastically different! She used to have a nose that "wore her"...it was dramatically strange looking and, I'm sure, a family nose. I told her how fantastic she looked, and she just glowed when she acknowledged the compliment! I was extremely happy for her! It was a case of "if you didn't focus on her eyes, you would have not known it was her". It was a true "You looook marvelous dahlink marvelous" moment!

She used to be kind of a "crankypants" before, but her whole persona had changed. That was cosmetic surgery that was worth the expense!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD, your hair looks great! Your daughter did a great job, and hey, maybe your haircut will get her some more business!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3155763;
    MRD, your hair looks great! Your daughter did a great job, and hey, maybe your haircut will get her some more business!
    That is her plan.

Even the pharmacist said something to me today about it. (Ok, so it's bad when you are in the pharmacy so much that the pharmacist notices your new haircut.)

Shay, that's great about your co-worker. I like it when someone has cosmetic surgery for something like that instead of just getting a set of ginormous hooters that do say: LOOK AT ME!!!!! (or maybe LOOK AT MY HOOTERS! )

MRD - your hair looks amazing! She did a great job - very impressive after such limited training so far. I love the cut and the color -- very flattering.

Photographed by a Parisian friend at the cafe/restaurant Le Fumoir (situated opposite one of the short sides of the Louvre, not the one with the glas Pyramides, the other one)

+ Reply to Thread