+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: What do you look like?

Re: What do you look like?

I have to agree with everyone else MRD. Fantastic job all around and I love your shirt as well.
    CYA

MRD

Thank you all. I have gotten used to the color. It was just such a departure for me and it did lighten some the first time I washed it.
    No one recognized me at first last night which was funny.

I feel like a new woman and I'm so happy my daughter is going to do well. She is very talented (I've always known that ) But I worried that she wouldn't like or do well in cosmotology school, but I have no concerns now. And I'm lucky, free hair for life now! (well considering everything I've spent on her in the last 17 years, maybe not exactly free. )

You guys have made my weekend and hers. Thank you all. I have loved it and it's so easy to take care of and so much lighter. And while I did blowdry it yesterday, Sat., I didn't and it looked just as great not blowing it dry. So it's a super easy style to maintain too.

And thanks for saying I look younger and it suits me. Flattery will get you everywhere!

Seriously, thank you all for the encouraging words. It has felt great to have a makeover and the reaction I got yesterday was very positive from people that I saw. And they all want my daughter to do their hair. And she has a new huge boost of self confidence too and I let her read what you guys wrote, so she is walking on air right now. I think she had hit the point in school where she was having doubts and was getting tired of the long hours in the classroom. She'll finally be out on the floor doing real hair on real people by the end of August, so I know that will help. But she got a first hand look at what she's able to do and that really went a long way and then to hear how much everyone loved it, has really done her a world of good.

And yes, Newf, I'm going to show and tell at her school!

Thanks again guys.

Wish I could ship her to out to all of you. But you can always come to here too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The hair looks great, much better on you in my opinion, MRD. Can your daughter take 10 years off of me too? Of course it will be October before I have hair to cut again after the latest butchering.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3154688;
    The hair looks great, much better on you in my opinion, MRD. Can your daughter take 10 years off of me too? Of course it will be October before I have hair to cut again after the latest butchering.
    Right now she would love to have people to practice on so come on up.

Come up and see us in Oct. for Fall for Greenville (it's a mile long festival of food booths from local restaurants and music) and she can do wonders with your hair.

I have to say that the kid has impressed me immensely this past weekend and all my doubts about her chosen profession have vanished. (not that I had huge doubts, but I worried. I'm a mother, it's my job to worry. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3154680;
    . . . It has felt great to have a makeover and the reaction I got yesterday was very positive from people that I saw. And they all want my daughter to do their hair. . .
    . . . which means that it'll be easier for her to secure a booth in a good (read: ability to charge higher fees, owner sends her to hair shows, etc.) salon if she has not only a good portfolio, but also a good-sized client list.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Wonderful new haircut and color myrosiedog! Your daughter is talented! You look fabulous!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

OK, mrd, start lining us up for the cuts and colors-I'm ready for a road trip. You look marvelous (said as Billy Crystal doing I forget who)! Great color and great style!!

We should all travel out to the Rosie Dog compound for a cut and color and some amazing food!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Hair looks great MRD! I second everyone's comments! She did a fantastic job!

Ok, MRD where do you live? It will be worth the trip! As I mentioned before, your daughter is going to be very successful, my hairdresser lives in a brand new huge 5 bedroom house, always drives the nicest cars and takes exotic vacations. She has a blooming business but the best part is that she enjoys what she does and always has! I have always said you really have to enjoy what you do to be considered successful and apparently she does!! Congratulations on a job well done to her and to you for raising her!

+ Reply to Thread