+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: What do you look like?

MRD

Re: What do you look like?

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2695063;
    I need to clarify that my older brother is the one is the DARK SUIT & HAT, I'm the white Jacket & bow tie
    I did know you were the one in the suave white dinner jacket and bow tie. But I LOVE that hat on your brother!

You guys look like you could take Vegas by storm!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2695081;
    I did know you were the one in the suave white dinner jacket and bow tie. But I LOVE that hat on your brother!

You guys look like you could take Vegas by storm!

Well I certainly won't tell my brother that. He hated and still hates "dressing up". I used to enjoy it but don't like it anymore. I always hated hats.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I LOVE wearing hats. I wish I had more hats to wear and I wish more people wore them so I'm not the only one in a hat when I do wear them.

Most of mine are straw though, not those fancy concoctions. I don't think I'd like wearing one of those.

Since I don't get to dress up much, I do like to dress up on the few occasions it's called for.

I hate wearing stockings. The person who invented those had to be a man, because no woman would invent such a torture device for themselves.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2695159;
    I LOVE wearing hats. I wish I had more hats to wear and I wish more people wore them so I'm not the only one in a hat when I do wear them.

Most of mine are straw though, not those fancy concoctions. I don't think I'd like wearing one of those.

Since I don't get to dress up much, I do like to dress up on the few occasions it's called for.

I hate wearing stockings. The person who invented those had to be a man, because no woman would invent such a torture device for themselves.
    I just always try to make sure that the dress I'm wearing is long enough and then I just wear knee-hi's........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I gave up hosiery several years ago. No, for me it's knee hi's or knee socks,... and I've learned not to care if the tops of the socks show. At my crusty age (no, I'm not really that old), I don't care. The only exception will be my son's wedding this spring and my other sons weddings, whenever they will be.

Hats - Ugh! I hate them. I don't care how cold it is, I refuse to wear a hat. They annoy me to death. When my husband and I got married, I wore a hat. And that was only because my MIL made it. I have to say, my dress just cried out for a hat, and it looked great with the hat. But I still hated wearing it. I haven't worn it since. It's not hanging as a decoration on my wall - along with the artificial flowers that I carried. It makes a much nicer wall decoration than a hat.

MRD

I don't do knit hats well. I tend to look like a bag lady in those. I like straw hats and fedora style hats.

I hate knee highs too. I had not worn stockings in years until last winter when I was cold enough to buy some tights for extra insulation. They still weren't all that comfy.

I normally have a fairly nice tan, so could get by with no stockings even at weddings when I had to dress up.

Last night at Weight Watchers I achieved goal. I have now lost 102 lbs. I weighed 300.2 when I started July 19, 2006. I weighed in last night at 198.4 for a total loss of 101.8. Here's some pictures.

This is from June of '06 when I got the kittens from Star

Nov. '06 I had lost over 40 lbs, but this was also before my hernia surgery.

Last night at my WW meeting (cell phone camera)
    (Yes mrd, I'm sporting my UT Vols Big Orange colors. Represent )

Wow! Lookin' good there, Unclescott! Wish I knew how to send a cyber wolf-whistle!

(And the kitties are pretty doggone cute too!)

Unk, you look wonderful.

+ Reply to Thread