+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: What do you look like?

Re: What do you look like?

I assume that you are the little tyke in the white coat, which starts to explain your affinity for Dean Martin--very debonair

Christmas, 1960 or 1961, and the last known photo in which I was cute:

Three guesses as to which one is me (hint: the halo is a dead giveaway )
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Yep, thats me in the white coat. I always has either a white coat, a red coat or a black coat with a red handkerchief in the pocket. (Isn't that just too much?) The HALO was a dead giveaway, Are all of those your siblings?

MRD

Yeah, the halo was the thing that just gave it away. Wouldn't have been able to tell by the OSU shirt at all.

What a cute family. I love how everyone's outfits match. And you were a cutie. But dang, your mama was a busy lady with all those kids to take care of, not the least of which was you.
    However, I'm sure you were the perfect child and no trouble at all. Just like me!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Are all of those your siblings?
    Yes, they are all brothers and sisters.
    However, I'm sure you were the perfect child and no trouble at all.
    I wasn't a pain in the ass until I was a teenager, and then it wasn't the usual teen BS, it's when my sense of humor started to form My most brilliant moment came one lazy summer morning when I went into the kitchen where Mom was working and told her, "I didn't break the lamp." She went storming into the living room, "GOD DAMN IT, WHICH ONE?" "None of them, I told you that I didn't break the lamp." Six months later, I could kind of move a couple fingers again, and didn't have to eat through a straw
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2666897;
    Yes, they are all brothers and sisters. I wasn't a pain in the ass until I was a teenager, and then it wasn't the usual teen BS, it's when my sense of humor started to form My most brilliant moment came one lazy summer morning when I went into the kitchen where Mom was working and told her, "I didn't break the lamp." She went storming into the living room, "GOD DAMN IT, WHICH ONE?" "None of them, I told you that I didn't break the lamp." Six months later, I could kind of move a couple fingers again, and didn't have to eat through a straw
    Aw, why do I not doubt that the sense of humor got you in trouble.

And your mom's sainthood status will be announced any day now right?

I too was not a troublemaker until teenagehood. I went to Catholic school until highschool and the nuns scared me even more than my mother, who could terrify me with just a look. Once I got in public school and realized that those teachers didn't have the deadly aim with an eraser as Sister Assumpta, I tended to get in a bit more trouble. (that nun could have pitched for any major league baseball team. Her aim was right on and deadly)

I'll have to go round up some of my childhood photos.

And Gabriel, my 8th grade graduation picture is the epitome of the word nerd, so don't think you have that market cornered.

Newfherder - I was looking at that great family picture of yours again and I see two siblings wearing specs. I used to wear those styles and loved them. I'm hoping I can find some again since everything retro is in. I wonder what the sister on your right is doing, looks like blinking and something with her hands...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2668013;
    Newfherder - I was looking at that great family picture of yours again and I see two siblings wearing specs. I used to wear those styles and loved them. I'm hoping I can find some again since everything retro is in. I wonder what the sister on your right is doing, looks like blinking and something with her hands...
    I have those exact style of reading glasses and my family teases me that I look very nerdy in them. But I love them, because they are big enough that I can see what I need to see. My other reading glasses are more today's small style and sometimes I can't see the entire page of a book with them because they are so narrow.
    I got my big retro glasses at one of the local big box stores (either Walmart or Target). But Rayban still sells them for presciption eyewear.

I want a pair with tinted lenses. That was all I wore back in the 80's.

MRD

Santa came early this year. Look was in my mailbox today. I'm sure you will recognize her. (and I don't mean me in the picture)

Thank you Santa.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2668013;
    . I wonder what the sister on your right is doing, looks like blinking and something with her hands...
    I air-brushed out the bottle of Absolut

Looking good, MRD!
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2668085;
    I air-brushed out the bottle of Absolut

Looking good, MRD!
    Thanks, but its not me I wanted you to look at. It's Miss Mona and "The Look".

+ Reply to Thread