+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 589 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153553 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: What do you look like?

Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    Oh, I don't think I look bad (I couldn't be pompous and egotistical and think that now could I? )- I was just saying enjoy your youth, because let me tell you... they do fade (looks that is) and then you're stuck with your intelligence, personality and wit, or in my case lack thereof.
    Hazy says this like it's a bad thing, i.e. being "stuck" with intelligence, personality and wit. As in, "Blast! The gods have cursed her/him/our child with intelligence, personality and wit! How horrifying!"
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Ok, since I was telling the Clayniacs about this last night here is my singer, dorky, class president prom date.....I mean, he's no Clay but what can a girl do?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    Oh no no Lovely, I think Grammar was referring to the love fest that Anna and greenflute continue to show my way. They love to hate me or hate to love me. No offense taken at all! Thanks so much actually!
    Awww, silly hazy, we just remember you from the AI forum.

I seem to recall you picking on me in the sports forum anyway. . . btw, how are those Yanks?
    Who shot who in the what now?

Dorothy, your guy has his own style and I like it! You on the other hand look gorgeous!
    Who shot who in the what now?

Alot of hotties on this board I must say!!! I've seen pics of Duran Duran fans on one of their message boards and let's just say we can't compare. They are almost all still stuck in the 80's!

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by GrammarGoddess
    ...and we're all harmless here so we're glad you posted!
    Speak for yourself GG! I have nothing but ill intentions! Just kidding, of course.

I need to get out more bloonman's Avatar
    Originally posted by BravoFan
    Those are really amazing!!

I'm sure you've probably already been through this story before somewhere here, but how did you get into this Bloonman? How long have you been doing it?
    Hi, BravoFan!

Thank you very much! Actually, I donít think Iíve been asked this question yet at the FORT, so itís as good a time as any to fill people in.

Iíve always been very coordinated (once won 18 stuffed animals for my date throwing darts at the West Texas Fair) and was always manipulating objects with my hands. Iím sure there would be a Ďsyndromeí named after me if I were a kid today!

I met a very good juggler when I lived in California. He was visiting a member of the household I was part of at that time, and gave us a juggling show as a thank you for our hospitality. I was so blown away by what he did and asked for a lesson. He turned out to be a very good teacher as well, and in a single 30 minute lesson I could not only juggle 3 balls, I could also do a couple of Ďtricksí. He also showed me the pattern for 4 balls, which I mastered in a couple of weeks. Who knew? That was 24 years ago.

I started entertaining my friends with my new-found juggling skills and decided to try my hand at performing for money. After all, I could do a dozen tricks with 3 balls and could even do 4 a little. How hard could it be to perform, right! Wrong! I learned the hard way that skills as an entertainer are at least as important as skills as a juggler, etc. Learning how to put a show together, build a routine, work off an audience, etc. were also lessons I had no background in and had to learn from the ground floor up.

I know youíre wondering what this has to do will balloons, right? Iím getting thereÖ I moved back to Austin and started working for some entertainment agencies. They often sent me to birthday parties for 3 and 4 year olds who had a very short attention span and really didnít care much about how many balls, etc. I could juggle! Also, since juggling is very fast (you canít stretch a single juggling maneuver for 10 minutes the way a magician can with a single trick), my shows didnít last as long as Iíd have liked. So I learned a few simple balloon animals to round out my juggling shows. They made nice giveaways for the kids and gave my shows a little more variety and substance.

I just made dogs, giraffes, swords, etc. for a long time, because heyóI was a juggler! Balloons were just filler for my shows. However, about 10 years ago I went to a clown convention in Houston with some clown friends (yes, it was a small car and there were lots of us in it! :rolleyes). I wasnít really a clown, but it seemed like a fun thing to do. And since all the other people going were females, I decided to go :cool:. There I saw some incredible balloon art and took a class. I came back to Austin totally blown away by what I had seen and began working hard on improving my novice status. I was very excited!

At this point Iím considered equally good at juggling and balloon artistry and do shows that incorporate both. Iíve made as much as $500 for a 2 hour performance, so itís not just a hobby guys! I was even fortunate enough to win 2nd place at an international balloon twistersí festival this past February in the 2-minute competition.

I must say you guys are an appreciative group! Thank you all so much for your kind comments about the balloons Iíve been posting. And just so you know, I donít post anything I didnít personally make, though sometimes the designs are not original. In fact, Iíll be posting one soon that I made just last night! You guys have inspired me to work on some new ideas and designs, and it is my pleasure to share them with you.

BravoFan: hereís a special balloon for you. I worked for over 4 years at a restaurant as a balloon artist and used to make this one only on very special occasions. Itís been called by a customer the 'Beauty Rose' from Beauty and the Beast, and I liked that name. So here it isÖ

Enjoy!

"I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    okay, here is one of me and little Quinn a few months ago- i hope with all the resizing it isn't too distorted!

BTW Finare: those 80's movies are classics- 16 Candles being one of my all time favorites (cant find it anywhere on DVD tho)..."Dammit Ma i got my headgear on!"

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    and a more recent picture of little Quinn...

This thread is great... everyone looks great! I liked associating everyone by their av's- of course until i realize that you all associate me with eskimo's...

Fade to black
    That's one cute baby Quinn (I'm sure the girls will attribute it to their father though...) - you should put it in a little Eskimo outfit and make that your av!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

+ Reply to Thread