+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: What do you look like?

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: What do you look like?

Thanks, bb

steph you are beautiful!

cricketeen I cringe at most pictures of myself, especially when I compare them to "conventional" beauty, but I try to find ones that show what's within, and hey at least it's real.

I Is Stephanie

Thank you, lei.

But don't we all cringe at pictures of ourselves? I just think it doesn't make any sense that we do that, because how often do we cringe at ourselves when we lok in a mirror?
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2448695;
    But don't we all cringe at pictures of ourselves? I just think it doesn't make any sense that we do that, because how often do we cringe at ourselves when we lok in a mirror?
    I do that too, sometimes

Oh, the things the media has done to us It's probably a good reverse spell to make funny faces

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2448695;
    Thank you, lei.

Great point! I think it's because we're so used to our mirror image self that to see ourselves 'non-mirror image' makes us cringe a bit because it's different. Ever see anyone you're close to in the mirror? They look just a little bit different (but still not cringe-worthy!)

BTW: you ARE beautiful and I always forget how young you are!
    Don't let the small things sweat

Thanks all! I've been taking more and more pictures of myself and not worrying how I look in them. Then they turn out alright!

I Is Stephanie

Now, you guys are nice, and I appreciate it, but I'm going to say the same thing to you that I said to my friends--You don't have to lie to me. All you have to say is "nice picture" and I will be happy.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

You know we've always loved your pix Steph. But I continue to say, it's your mind that is the most beautiful. I still marvel at the way you express yourself. Significantly better than many of the adults at FORT.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2448925;
    Now, you guys are nice, and I appreciate it, but I'm going to say the same thing to you that I said to my friends--You don't have to lie to me. All you have to say is "nice picture" and I will be happy.
    Aww, no lies from me. Like Uncle D, I'm seeing the whole "picture". I haven't been active here long but I can see from your posts -- as well as your pictures -- the beautiful person there.

STeph, don't be too hard on yourself! I think you are very cute! I love the whole 'pout' thing you have going on!

I Is Stephanie

Yeah...um...that's standard. I realized the other day that I can't smile unless I think really hard about doing it...it's the most horrible thing...

I don't know, I'm just surrounded by beautiful people, I keep telling my friend Eric that he should model, my friend 'lanna looks like she should be in movies, Craig claims he has to fight the girls off (while we know this isn't true, it might as well be), and then I'm just Stephanie. I'm actually kind of the plain one in the group.

+ Reply to Thread