+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: What do you look like?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Is it politically incorrect of me to tell you that those skimpy shorts of yours look mighty fine?
    Let me set the record straight... they're not shorts. I'm wearing a bathing suit. Standard size for that time period.

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    I love the overall free-spirited California feel of the picture.
    Yup, that's California. Manhattan Beach (LA) in it's hayday. It was a remarkable time to be alive. Free-spirited is the perfect word to describe it. We played in the sun all day and partied every night. No wonder I look so bad now.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    Ah, Geek, if only you were 20 years older . . .
    And single.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Woo Hoo! A hunky blond Californian playing on the beach and a gorgeous swede who arm wrestles!

Very photogenic and nice to view, I might add. Both of you!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I went to the hairdresser today and decided to commemorate the hair cut/styling, pose away!

I will give an update on the photographer business, suffice to say, it's a bit complicated/messy

I decided to update my pic on here since I've had a sweet compliment from one of our fantastic members... As you can see, I've cut my hair off since January...

January in Battery Park, NYC:

March/April'06 in my new digs:

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Mellon, youre so cute!
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    I am my avatar. It's recent too. About three months old now.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Mellon - your haircut ROCKS Totally adorable!

pickles Thanks - you are too!

marybethp Thanks for the compliment - it's sooooo much easier!!! I absolutely love this cut. It's worth the $$$$ that I put out for it on a bi-monthly basis!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Great haircuts, Mellon and fredlun.

nliedel, you're such a cute lady. Nice smile.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

So here it goes...
    The photographer's got an assignment for the international edition of "BON Magazine" (a Swedish fashion mag that's to be released internationally). He is doing a photo spread presenting the cool/hip Sweden to the outside world, portraits/editorials of friends, colleagues, designers etc (doing basically same thing as was done in Vanity Fair a couple of years ago). This is where I come into the picture. Last Saturday the plan was like this...he calls me up saying there is a photo shoot starting at around 6 PM (and that he'll call me back with details of location), a girl wearing designer outfits by Nina Ricci's chief designer Lars Nilsson, me nude (yeah, that's right!), some arty touch to the photo shoot, perhaps my bum was to be oiled in...Time passed, and he did not get in touch until later (at 3:45 AM in the middle of the night) apologizing that the photo shoot didn't happen...

Now, this photographer is rated famous for crazy ideas, so it did not come as that big of a surprise that
    1) the photo shoot did not happen
    2) he asked me to model nude

I told him, there is no way I'm doing totally nude and he's like "I'll make you look good in the pictures, I promise" and "I'll use 'top lighting' so that the light fades down into the picture, therefore, you won't really see anything you're not supposed to see". He says he's planning a shoot for this weekend (don't know if it's the same crazy idea once again). We'll see about that. I've made demands that I hope he'll accept, otherwise I won't do the shoot. His way of reasoning is this, if he's to include the pic(s) in the spread, they have to be interesting/good enough artistically.

He's just crazy you know, but an exellent photographer for sure!

+ Reply to Thread