+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 589 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148548 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: What do you look like?

Fade to black
    Books are heavy... I hate that part about moving. Yea, I'm a book geek too.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Well, what sucks is trying to con people into helping you! When I moved from Florida to Colorado, I couldn't con ANYONE into helping me at first. I trucked several boxes to the Uhaul, sat down on my floor and passed out from the humidity...lol. The next time I transfer with this company, relocation benefits will DEFNITELY be in the offer!

You didn't say, hazy, is that hand hiding anything of interest???

I read everything- 3 states in 3 years didn't help too much, but I have five bookshelves stocked to capacity-not mentioning the ones that AREN'T on shelves.

Fade to black
    Originally posted by GrammarGoddess

You didn't say, hazy, is that hand hiding anything of interest???
    No, I'm just a complete dork. I took that pic with my Mom's digital camera and had to hurry and "pose" and I guess I decided to look like I was Ben Affleck in Shakespeare in Love (nice observation green)
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Originally posted by LoveyLydz
    I read everything- 3 states in 3 years didn't help too much, but I have five bookshelves stocked to capacity-not mentioning the ones that AREN'T on shelves.
    Last count (about a year ago) I was up to 2,375. The house is sinking!
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Wow- I haven't counted... I don't even try. When I was younger I tried to catalouge them. Now, I just read them when I have the chance. I feel like a librarian at times.

Originally posted by LoveyLydz
    Wow- I haven't counted... I don't even try. When I was younger I tried to catalouge them. Now, I just read them when I have the chance. I feel like a librarian at times.
    Ok...gonna admit what a geek I am...and totally not on the thread topic, but when I was in junior high, I catalogued all my books w/ the dewey decimal stuff taped on the sides!!!

Fade to black
    Wow GG...

You should change your name to GrammarGeek.

Dammit, can't I have my disillusions??????????

FORT Fogey
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Finįrė
    [B]
    Originally posted by GrammarGoddess
    BTW, I'm a book geek too. Buys 'em faster than I can reads 'em, but hey - I figure there's worse things on which to spend my discretionary income...
    Me too. Since I'm a student, I can't afford them new, so I frequent all the used book store and buy plenty online... I have about 100 or so lined up for this Summer...

+ Reply to Thread