+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: What do you look like?

What a good place to learn how to attach pictures! Here goes nothing.. We'll see if I can figure this out. As you'll be able to see I still can't get the lighting quite right using my webcam. That's what I get for buying the cheapest camera the store had.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

whew

I looked at this thread a few days ago - came back tonight and it had multiplied like a cage full of rabbits! I just spent the last hours looking at pics, and still have about 4 pages to go.

I started making notes to tell everyone how great they look - but I gave up!

I will share this tho: I remember waaay back in 1988, I first fell in love with what would be the internet. There was a local BBS operating which I accessed thru a 'connect' command in Lotus 1-2-3.

I had great conversations with these folks - finally ended up meeting most of them - and BOY was I disappointed. They were all 'geek-ish' overweight and scary looking. To top it all off, I finally clued in that there was a rather complicated partner-swapping thing going on. Okay, that's a long story. But it forever affected my skepticism about what folks look like.

That said - whew - I have to agree with John - the FORT folks are the best looking bunch I've ever seen! It's so fun to put a face with a name finally!

I've had some rather in-depth conversations with some of you - and to finally associate a face with a name - wow. It's just great.

I'll post my pic in a minute. You'll laugh.

Disclaimer: This is my driver's license photo. I also used it as my mug shot for a column I used to write in a daily paper (which is why it's b/w).

Originally posted by shersidhe
    TK421, how much would i have to pay your or what would i have to do to get you to change your creepy, nasty avatar? i have to quickly scroll past your posts b/c of your av. can't even read them. same with that girl and her long long tongue av. really needs to be changed.

I'm sorry, but I came across this post while drinking soda and almost choked. Too funny!

TK, I love your picture, you are really pretty. And I'm happy you changed your avatar, because that inside-out eyelid thing was freakin' me out.

Hi everyone,
    Nothing new--you've seen me before in my avatar. I'm posting the picture (now that I learned how!) here so can finally change my avatar. John helped me out and posted a note to that effect in my earlier post so those of you just catching up don't think I really look like a pink shoe, Gonzo the Great, or dare I say, even Clay again.

. . .some of my own catching up to do--
    DrKim, pretty pictures! I'm impressed with your dancing. It's something I always wished I'd be good at. I won a bet with Mr. BShoe (then fiancè-BShoe) and he had to take dancing lessons with me before our wedding. I wanted to do more than the "stand-and-sway." After lots of $$, I can't say either of us remember a thing!

TK, you're a pretty girl! But I admire the fact that you're humble/brave enough to display yourself with inside-out-eyelids. Shows character!

Suzie - loved the photo of your kids - they are gorgeous (and you too)!! In fact, I agree with other posts, there are some great looking people on these boards. And talented too - balloons, cheerleading, dancing - drkim, I think you look a lot like Celine Dion! Bumpkin sure doesn't look like a Bumpkin to me - what sort of column did you used to write?
    "This above all: to thine own self be true." -William Shakespeare, Hamlet

I need to get out more bloonman's Avatar
    Originally posted by drkim
    OMG Bloonman - that's creepy and yet hysterical. It's like Conan O'Brian's segment on what would happen if two celebs had a kid. Bloon - you so crack me up.

A Chihuahua/human mating - frightening!!!
    drkim!
    And I can be nice, too! There's a special birthday surprise waiting for you in the 'My Art' thread!

"I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

Alice, you mean that SHOE isn't a self portrait?! And you don't look like Clay?!

Such disillusionment!

BTW, apropos nothing, I just realized my hair in the "Mudcat Calendar" pic I posted is JUST LIKE JUSTIN'S!! Guess you can call me "Chia Head 2!" (Gawd!)
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

One more...a picture I made today of my new 205 jersey for the folks in the Ruben thread in the AI2 archives. Of course I bought it exactly one day before he announced that he was severing ties with the 205 folks.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Drkim, I love the big hair pic. sorry to hear about the animals. thats tough when you are trying to rescue them.

+ Reply to Thread