+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Interesting Holiday Gift Ideas (for any age) - 2015

Interesting Holiday Gift Ideas (for any age) - 2015

There was a similar thread for 2013.

I just ordered customized refrigerator magnets featuring an awesome picture of my cats. [my current avatar]
    Last edited by Brooks; 11-24-2015 at 11:15 AM.
    Punkin, Maveno, momrek06 and 1 others like this.

Re: Interesting Holiday Gift Ideas (for any age) - 2015

Ohhh great idea for a THREAD, Brooks!!!!

KAREN

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm not very good at gift-giving. Being a Capricorn, I'm all about practical gifts, which aren't as fun for the receiver. I wish I could be the person who gives cool gifts that everyone is raving about but I'm more the type to give someone an engraved pen, packs of various sized batteries, or something else I know they'll use on a day-to-day basis. For friends and family, I usually bake cookies for those who hate to cook. LOL! Maybe I can get some gift-giving ideas from this thread.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Current Pools: Big Brother 18
    Upcoming Pools: Dancing With the Stars 23, Project Runway 15, Survivor 33
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

As I'm getting older, what I really don't want to receive any more are large items I don't care for and will create clutter and need to be dusted. Or something unhealthy. And of course I'm sure my long-time friends (who are also getting long in tooth) must feel exactly the same way, LOL. To the extent I'm exchanging gifts at work it needs to something conveniently lugged home on public transportation. I think practical is terrific! (Last year I doled out my favorite pocket LED flashlight.) This year's magnets are something small I can tuck into a Christmas card. Some of my friends are going to receive a small bottle of Penzey's Herbes de Provence spices.
    Punkin, PGM35 and momrek06 like this.

Sometimes Capricorns can do pretty well in the gift dept. (I am one.) I think practical gifts can go over well. Most of the time though, I used to really put a lot of time into the gifts. I would make a list of the person's likes, hobbies, favorite things, etc. I would search everywhere to find things that were unique, suitable, and something that they would just LOVE. I'm not able to put that much time and money into so many gifts anymore, so I only do it for a few. But, that's okay.

I've ordered these boots for my niece. I think she'll love them. They arrived on Saturday, but they had sent me the wrong color. The white ones are supposed to arrive tomorrow!

girls furry winter boots - chasing fireflies
    Punkin, momrek06 and inthegarden like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Sometimes Capricorns can do pretty well in the gift dept. (I am one.) I think practical gifts can go over well. Most of the time though, I used to really put a lot of time into the gifts. I would make a list of the person's likes, hobbies, favorite things, etc. I would search everywhere to find things that were unique, suitable, and something that they would just LOVE. I'm not able to put that much time and money into so many gifts anymore, so I only do it for a few. But, that's okay.

I've ordered these boots for my niece. I think she'll love them. They arrived on Saturday, but they had sent me the wrong color. The white ones are supposed to arrive tomorrow!

Debb, the BOOTS are adorable!!!!
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

The boots are going to look so cute with the outfits that I got her, including the little dress with reindeer and glittery snowflakes, red tops with shiny embellishment and white leggings. I also got her a white fur jacket and white cap with fur trim! The problem is that she needs to wear all of this BEFORE Christmas, so, I'm going to give her the clothes as a pre-Christmas present and then on Christmas, I'm giving her some kind of learning present...probably by Leap Frog. Any tips? (She's the baby. What can I say?)
    momrek06 likes this.

I'm with you, Brooks. I'm trying to get rid of stuff, especially if it needs dusting! I'm going to get a thingCHARGER thingCHARGER for 6 of my main gifts this year to my sons, DILs and older grandchildren! It plugs into any socket and charges whatever type of phone or pad you have, getting rid of those awful wires. This is something practical that everyone can use! They are $39.90, but if you buy 3 you get one free, and if you buy 5 you get 2 free! So, I'm going for the 7 pack and that makes 6 gifts and leaves one for us! I think it's brilliant!
    Maveno, Brooks, momrek06 and 4 others like this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I'm with you, Brooks. I'm trying to get rid of stuff, especially if it needs dusting! I'm going to get a thingCHARGER thingCHARGER for 6 of my main gifts this year to my sons, DILs and older grandchildren! It plugs into any socket and charges whatever type of phone or pad you have, getting rid of those awful wires. This is something practical that everyone can use! They are $39.90, but if you buy 3 you get one free, and if you buy 5 you get 2 free! So, I'm going for the 7 pack and that makes 6 gifts and leaves one for us! I think it's brilliant!
    OMG--! I am SO getting this. I've never even heard of it before, but I love it.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Another Capricorn gal here, as well. I'm very practical, by nature, and so is hubby, another Capricorn, and it's really, really hard to buy for him.

Pikachu, I think most folks enjoy home-made cookies, jams, etc very much, as long as they are not diabetic or have other health concerns. Each year my friend patiently waits for me to drop off my pumpkin nut bread right before Thanksgiving. I make them for Christmas, too, as well as different holiday cookies. I wouldn't worry about your practical gifts as it is the thought that counts.

Debb, your niece is gonna LOVE those boots. They are too cute!
    Last edited by Eastcoastmom; 11-24-2015 at 06:01 PM.
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast