+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: September 11, 2001

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

September 11, 2001

. My candles are shining brightly in remembrance of those heroes lost today helping others, as well as the innocent victims whose lives were snuffed out. Remembering our service people who gave their lives fighting terrorism, and those still suffering with illness borne from working at Ground Zero. Remembering Paul James Battaglia, gone but not forgotten, whose memory shines always in our hearts.
    Punkin, shyra, beerbelly and 8 others like this.

Re: September 11, 2001

Yes, we will always stop and think of the lives that were lost and those who lost loved ones. It still seems unreal. I know exactly what I was doing and how the day went. I can barely believe how long ago it was.
    momrek06, Coco46 and Photobabe like this.

Me either.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Thank you for starting this thread, ECM.

As I mentioned on the KK thread, my husband was a Port Engineer for the Port Authority/NYNJ back in 2001.

He lost many co-workers that day.

My brother is a Col in the Army and was working out of the Pentagon in 2001.

He lost many co-workers that day.

By the GRACE OF GOD both were spared that horrific day in our Country's history.

So many prayers for your step-son. xoxo So many prayers for those whole lives were lost and so many prayers for the families of the victims.

NEVER FORGET

Here is my candle shining brightly.

Punkin, shyra, beerbelly and 4 others like this.
    KAREN

My dad was first SFPD and then SFFD. All firefighter and police families have a familial tie to all others everywhere. We know the dangers they face every day and know they can be taken away from us because of the danger of the service they give unselfishly to the public. The losses on that day still grieve me in a way that I almost don't want to go back to on every anniversary. But each of the innocent victims and each of the brave responders deserve that we remember and stop to think of their lives, lost too soon. God bless them all. We will always remember.
    shyra, beerbelly, momrek06 and 4 others like this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

I saw the part of the ceremony they showed on TV this morning and just started bawling. I did not lose any family member on this horrific day but feel that all that were lost are special in my heart. It just makes me very sad and angry.
    Punkin, shyra, beerbelly and 3 others like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Wow its hard to believe its been 14 years since this has happened. My condolences to anyone and everyone who lost loved ones on this day, no matter how many years have gone by it never makes it any easier to deal with. Love you guys.
    “Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”- Albert Camus

It is hard to believe it has been 14 years. My daughter was 3 and I remember watching a lot of Nickelodeon and Disney Channel those few weeks.
    momrek06 and MReid like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I had only been at my current job for about a month when 911 happened so I'll never forget that year.

I was lucky not to have any family involved in any of the attacks but it was a terrible blow to the nation and certainly made us lose the impression that we were untouchable. My heart hurts for the people who lost loved ones but I'm proud of the ordinary people who stepped up to be heroes that day.

Never forget. How could we??
    Punkin likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 10, Hell's Kitchen 15 (Badseed)
    Upcoming Pools (deadlines): Project Runway All-Stars 5 (Feb 18th), TAR 28 (Feb 19th), Survivor 32 (Feb 27th)
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2015: The FORT's Amazing Spreadsheet Wizard & Avatar Artist

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

Never forget. How could we??
    It appears that #NeverForget was twitted out all over social media today.

By the time I woke up it was all.over.my.facebook and I continued to see it and hear it all day.

I was not asking anyone on here to 'never forget'.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast