+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 179 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree2188Likes

Thread: Girl Talk

Re: Girl Talk

waywyrd ooh I love bling too! My flip flops are blingy and I actually make t-shirts with blingy designs.
    waywyrd likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Oh, I don't mind the guys lurking here, or even participating! I just thought I'd give them a way to opt out of conversations dealing with girl-stuff that they might find distasteful. If it doesn't bother them, they're welcome to chime in!

Coral is such a pretty color! I love orange in the peach/coral spectrum. My grandma used to wear coral-colored lipstick. I used to love watching her sit at her vanity table while she put her pretty coral lipstick on when I was a little girl. I still associate that color with her and it brings back happy memories.
    Last edited by pikachu; 06-11-2015 at 04:57 PM.
    Punkin, karna68 and PGM35 like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Hmph! I cant participate in this thread We need a thread called Guy talk

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    waywyrd ooh I love bling too! My flip flops are blingy and I actually make t-shirts with blingy designs.
    Ohhh I love all the blingy sandals that are in style now. I have a couple shirts with the blingy jewels on them at the neckline.
    karna68 likes this.
    "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." ~ Orhan Pamuk

Oh man - (no pun intended) - a girly thread! I love being a girly girl! I wear heels and boots, and flip flops, and sneakers, and cleats, and socks too! I like bling on my fingers and bling on my jeans. I like makeup (to the tips of my fake eyelashes ) and hair and purses and did I mention shoes! haha!

I don't own (ok, scratch that) I own a lot of bras but only wear a few. I actually bought a black, beige, and white set online at Amazon - it was Bali brand I think - but have a ton of Victoria Secret and Frederick's of Hollywood but never wear them. Too frilly or padded or underwires or too tight or straps don't stay up, or whatever! Ex-husband thought that's what a girl wanted/needed. yeah right! I just want to be comfortable. But I do wash and dry them so alas, they are falling apart - the ones I do wear over and over again. I have to re-invest and get a few more as well.

Thanks Pikachu - you have the best ideas for threads!
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

I can't leave my house without makeup on and hair all done up. Love blingy sandals and bling in general. But around the house I have my hair in a ponytail and favorite old worn sweats and tanks and sockies on my feet. And when I'm home the best of all, I don't have to wear a bra! (I didn't say don't need to, I just don't have to. :>)
    angelic_one2002, waywyrd and PGM35 like this.
    Lynda

I have a pair of flip flops that have bling on them and I have a leopard print pair of flats. I used to wear bling more than I do now. I did find the bra's I buy in stock today so I bought 2. The only 2 they had in my size. I love sandals and flip flops. I used to dress up all the time but got out of the habit and just hate to any more. Comfort is my style now.
    angelic_one2002 and PGM35 like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    Hmph! I cant participate in this thread We need a thread called Guy talk
    LOL! I knew you were here! I called it! LOL
    Lynda

I looooove girly stuff! Fragrances are my big thing, I have a massive tray of them on my dresser, I've posted a pic before. Today I got Modern Muse, Estee Lauder's newer frangrance. My current favorite is Honey by Marc Jacobs.

Also, I love handbags & shoes. And clothes, LOL. It's basically year round sandal weather where I live, so I'm big into sandals. Usually flats because I'm a little taller than Mr. Cornholio. Not that he cares, he wants me to wear whatever I like. I'm usually wearing shorts - my favorite look is white shorts with a bright or fun top and sandals.

I subscribe to a makeup thing called ipsy, the "glam bag" - it's $10 a month and each month you get a cosmetic bag with 5 items inside that are chosen for you based on a survey you fill out with colors & styles you like. I've always felt it was waaay more than $10 worth of stuff and it's like getting a present each month in the mail. I figured I'd mention here as I suspect it's something PGM35 & other makeup fans would like if you don't already get it! Just google ipsy glam bag and you'll find it!
    waywyrd and Eastcoastmom like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

What a great idea for a thread, Pikachu!

I own many bras and have gone for several fittings at reputable lingerie stores but have to say the only bra that is comfortable for me is the Playtex 18 hour with the comfort straps. HOWEVER, it doesn't offer much support so I only wear them for short jaunts around town. I don't like anything lacy or frilly, so Victoria's Secret is out of the question for me. The one brand which supports and seems to fit the best is an underwire bra by Wacoal. Very pricy but a really good brassiere. The problem I have, which makes wearing bras so uncomfortable for me, is I am very short-waisted. I have been told that by several of the ladies who have fitted me. That in addition to being busty causes big problems.

I consider myself more of a girly girl than tomboy, I guess, but honestly don't wear makeup daily anymore. When I am meeting friends or family, or going out with hubby, then most definitely, but otherwise no. I am getting into fashion a bit more now that I am out of plus sizes. I love trying different fragrances and my passion, like angelic, is handbags. Oh my word, I can spend hours in the handbag department.

I cannot wear even the slightest heel, though, and normally wear sandals or shoes with a slight wedge to give my short stature a bit of a boost.

+ Reply to Thread