+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree2130Likes

Thread: Girl Talk

Re: Girl Talk

I'm a girly girl, too. Definitely. I love makeup, hair products, and floral perfumes. I love handbags. When I'm in a store shopping, I can't go past the handbags without looking at them.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." ~ Orhan Pamuk

I wear only white bras. I have one style I buy and you have to get them when they come in or they don't last. It may have to do with the size. I don't wear heels anymore. I broke my leg years ago and I can't wear them comfortably.
    As I have gotten older I rarely wear makeup. I have chronic dry eye syndrome so I limit my makeup and I am also allergic to a lot of eye products.
    I wear vanilla perfume products as florals and woodsy scents give me massive headaches.
    I love purses and shoes. I have narrow feet and my feet give me a lot of trouble so finding shoes that fit and are comfortable is hard to do sometimes.
    I am a black handbag person. I will every now and again buy something other than black.
    I think I am a boring person. I am just really simple. I am all about comfort in my older years.
    beerbelly likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't buy dark-colored purses anymore. I had a black purse for a while and I kept accidentally leaving it behind all the time because it was too dark to see in a dimly lit restaurant or movie theater. Now I get light or brightly colored purses so they're more noticeable and less likely to get left behind. My current purse is red and I love it!

I like the scent of vanilla but don't like it so much for body spray or bubble bath. It makes me feel like I've been rolling around in cake batter and it's just odd.

I usually get Caress (the silky white peach and orange blossom) body wash, although lately I've been getting Suave body wash or whatever is on sale. Suave had a sweet pea and violet scent that I really loved. I wish I could find more of the conditioner in that scent because it worked really great and smelled so good! I haven't seen the shampoo or conditioner in the scent in a while but I think the body wash is still available in that scent.

I'm not a shoe lover. I have a lot of shoes at home but that's because I have a hard time finding shoes that are comfortable. Often I'll buy shoes hoping to break them in but they never become comfortable so I stop wearing them. I mostly wear one pair of sandals and one pair of tennis shoes. I've kept an older, rattier pair of my sandals to use for yardwork, washing the car, at the beach, etc, so I don't mess up my sandals I wear to work. I also have narrow feet.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

I used to carry a dark purse in fall/winter and switch to a lighter colored purse in the spring/summer. But since I've found my beloved Coach bag that I got a great deal on second hand I've been carrying it year round. It's purple so I can get away with it.

Side note-I'm OBSESSED with purple! I have lots of purple clothing, I can't help it, I just gravitate towards it. Anyone else crazy about a color like that?

I like floral and fresh scents, I love DKNY Be delicious, the bottle is shaped like an apple and it's kind of a fruity scent. I use Tone Cocoa Butter body wash, it has a good scent but not overwhelming.
    Cornholio likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm really enjoying this thread!

I'm 68 and pretty much past any feelings of needing to impress anyone with what I wear. Living in AZ, I spend most of the year in cropped pants, with jeans in the cooler months. I have a couple of nice pant suits that I wear when I feel like I want to dress up. And I have a couple of formal dresses (my ONLY dresses) for cruises. Most of the time, I wear one of my many t-shirts. They all have travel logos or fun sayings ("Well-behaved women seldom make history."). The message I try to send with my "wardrobe" is, "If you want to hang out with somebody snooty, this is NOT the person for you."

My biggest weaknesses are sneakers and nice purses. I wear very bright (okay, funky) sneakers because my knees don't tolerate heels, and I refuse to be stuck with boring shoes. I have a set of matching Sakroots handbags (wallet, purse, and tote bag), which is very flexible for traveling. My pride and joy is a Michael Kors tote bag that I treated myself to as a reward for losing weight. I have a matching crossbody small purse that goes with that. There's a purse at Brighton that I absolutely love and covet, but there's no way I can justify buying it - it's pricey.

My idea of Sunday make-up is a swipe of blush and mascara. On formal cruise nights, I've been known to actually put on foundation and eye shadow as well.
    karna68 and beerbelly like this.
    I'm Paula.

Karna I love purple too, and teal. Those are probably my two favorite colors to wear. MrCoz told me last year that he really loved me in the purple color I was wearing, as if I needed more incentive to buy that color!

I like to still switch my purses from a lighter color to darker color between summer and winter. I carried a light teal one for three summers and finally had to not use it this year because the signs of wear. I have a purple one I got for winter, but it doesn't have as many pockets as I'd like. I found a dark grey silvery (smokey grey but metallic - I don't know the name of the color, that's going to drive me crazy) purse instead that I'm currently in love with. I like something that goes with everything I'm wearing or at least doesn't clash. I think of purple and teal can be neutral. The dark silver is also great. I'm newly obsessed with wearing grey again. I wore it a lot in high school in the '80's but then quit wearing it. I am finding myself buying a ton of it again in all shades.

Right now I'm on the hunt for a new spring/summer purse. I am carrying one I got for free from a housekeeping client. She gives us hand-me-downs that look barely used a lot of times. I like it enough to carry it, but it's a light beige color and doesn't have as many outside pockets as I'd like. I just haven't found the purse I'm dying to have. I have previously gotten Liz Claiborne purses and they've held up very well, but lately they changed the design on their "shopper" purse and I don't like the new look. Actually I guess no one really makes that purse the way I want because it didn't use to be difficult to find it, and now it seems it's out of style.

I also have "vacation" purses that are considerably smaller than my normal purse. I like a cross-body purse for that. I like that size and would carry it everywhere, but then I never have what I need that does fit in my bigger purse. I had a hard time finding the exact size of purse that I wanted so my daughter now has made me two, one for summer and one for winter/fall.
    karna68 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

karna: I'm a purple lover, too! Both of my sweatshirts at work at purple (it gets cold in the office) and my favorite dress in high school was purple. I prefer bluish purple to reddish purple.

I'm enjoying this thread, too! It's funny because I started it mostly so we could talk about bras but I hadn't realized how much conversation material we hadn't tapped into yet. It's great having a girly thread!

The guys should have their own thread, too. Maybe call it The Man Cave.
    Punkin, karna68 and AZChristian like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    karna: I'm a purple lover, too! Both of my sweatshirts at work at purple (it gets cold in the office) and my favorite dress in high school was purple. I prefer bluish purple to reddish purple.

I'm enjoying this thread, too! It's funny because I started it mostly so we could talk about bras but I hadn't realized how much conversation material we hadn't tapped into yet. It's great having a girly thread!

The guys should have their own thread, too. Maybe call it The Man Cave.
    You are kidding yourself if you don't think MReid isn't lurking here, trying to pick up hints on what girls like! I can see you, Malcolm!

I'm definitely girly. I love Cacique bras, lacy, frilly and in every imaginable color. My main motivation in dressing is "color coordination". I have more coral in my closet than any other color, it's definitely my signature color, but I have bras, panties and purses to go with any color I wear. I love cardigans and pretty tops. I don't even own a coat. I don't need one where I live and don't travel to places you'd need one.
    karna68, waywyrd, AmyKay and 2 others like this.
    Lynda

I love coral too. I have a ton of tops (and a couple bathing suits) in that color. That, navy and dark gray are my faves. I'm a makeup junkie and drop a ton of money at Sephora - I can't wear any jewelry to work - so I have fun with makeup and nail polish instead. I've got over 150 bottles of nail polish.

Can't wear heels anymore after breaking my ankle a few years ago, so I have a nice collection of blingy sandals and flats that I wear on cruises and other dressy occasions. I'm not huge into purses but I do have a few I love. I really should change out from my current black leather to a more summery purse!
    Punkin, angelic_one2002 and JavaJo like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Anybody like bold prints? I like leopard and I have this one top with a big rose that covers the whole front of it. I don't go overboard on stuff like that but I like the pieces I have.

+ Reply to Thread